Anime & Manga Admiral Lee Hung's Rare Meme Repository

Sword & Admiral Quality

• Total voters
The face when swordbois don't get a mention.
:feelscryingman:
I'm too afraid to mention Swordbois, they are most aggressive AHAHAH. And I even love Zoro.
Yet another ex Yonkou stan joins the fray, and he's a legboi.

@Natalija as you can see, among the veterans there is indeed consensus.
Is that supposed to sway me? :milaugh: Boy, I don't care about veterans or who you consider reasonable, I'm not going to sway based on what the loudest members think. In before I get kicked out of this thread by @Admiral Lee Hung
To make it simpler; How they go down will redeem them. WB got brutally murdered in MF but his death left everyone look like a...Meh:cheers:
True. But Oda has shown their strength many times by now, literally countless. And I'm sure the defeat will be just as crazy.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'm too afraid to mention Swordbois, they are most aggressive AHAHAH. And I even love Zoro.
I'm a sword boi. :feelscryingman:

Is that supposed to sway me? :milaugh: Boy, I don't care about veterans or who you consider reasonable, I'm not going to sway based on what the loudest members think. In before I get kicked out of this thread by @Admiral Lee Hung
Nah, I merely mentioned them as evidence for my claim that the Admirals ~ Yonkou side won the debate.

Good morning y'all

Another day, another remarkable job by our favorite ban-immune neighborhood troll @Relapse

If you cheer Yonkos over Admirals you got mom issues like all 5 of the shikis
Relapse is the realest ****

A fellow big-dicked memeologist? check

A beyond stunning snitch avy that correctly depicts Fishanks' daily habit? check

Part of the wadmiral pocket sanctuary? check

Again, this is more Waiting Room content. The memes here tend to be meta — about the forum itself — and not mere One Piece events. As @Natalija put it so succinctly, as far as this thread is concerned, we are the meme.
To be fair, the Waiting Room is trash, so if I get to see quality memes here then I am cool with it. :yearight:
True. But Oda has shown their strength many times by now, literally countless. And I'm sure the defeat will be just as crazy.
The problem is that physical strength is meaningless without a charismatic or inspiring character driving that strength towards an understandable goal or motivation.

Whitebeard’s character was not defined by his strength of arms but his strength of character i.e. his personality. He was driven, sympathetic, motivated, understandable, passionate, inspiring.

Whitebeard got utterly dominated in every head on engagement with a Top Tier yet his character is never shat on. Why? Cause his character is respected.

The thing about respect is that respect is earned. The problem is that neither Yonko antagonist in Wano has done anything to earn any respect in any from the fandom.

The only thing propping Kaido up was his raw intimidation factor and supposed hype, both of which were shattered by Oden and the Hostage Crises.

When Kaido goes down, his defeat will most likely be meaningless because Oda gave Kaido’s character no meaning. Yes, he could change that but after Linlin, I highly doubt it.
What about those who are in both?
:blush:
I associate you with Mihawk. Lol.

The problem is that physical strength is meaningless without a charismatic or inspiring character driving that strength towards an understandable goal or motivation.

Whitebeard’s character was not defined by his strength of arms but his strength of character i.e. his personality. He was driven, sympathetic, motivated, understandable, passionate, inspiring.

Whitebeard got utterly dominated in every head on engagement with a Top Tier yet his character is never shat on. Why? Cause his character is respected.

The thing about respect is that respect is earned. The problem is neither Yonko antagonist in Wano has done anything to earn any respect in any from the fandom.

The only thing propping Kaido up was his raw intimidation factor and supposed hype, both of which were shattered by Oden and the Hostage Crises.

When Kaido goes down, his defeat will most likely be meaningless because Oda gave Kaido’s character no meaning. Yes, he could change that but after Linlin, I highly doubt it.
Obviously Kaido and Big Mom are quite literally monsters, and that's part of why Oda didn't give them a personality. I'm not saying they have personality.

Personality? Respect? Those have nothing to do with power levels. You're mixing apples and pears for no reason.

I would argue that his defeat will mean something in terms of heroes uniting to defeat him. That will be the whole point. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised that Oda gave them no personality so that we wouldn't feel sorry for the infinite united attacks on them. Like we do for Whitebeard. But the fact will remain that only united forces could defeat a Yonko.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Owl Ki and @Natalija your refusal to provide clear cut answers can only lead me to conclude that I have been included with the deplorable Zoro fans.
:kriwhat:

What the hell, why were my and @Seraphoenix posts deleted?
I have no idea. It's honestly surprising. If a mod did it, then you should have received an alert detailing their reasons.

Obviously Kaido and Big Mom are quite literally monsters, and that's part of why Oda didn't give them a personality.
That is a weak excuse for Oda not to give them any personality of any kind. I have seen far greater “monsters” than those two in fiction that still had personalities.

Off of the top of my head, characters such as Knives from Trigun MAXIMUM, Mangoku from Kingdom and Makaku from Battle Angel Alita are all “monstrous” characters done well. They all have personality, they all have concrete motivations and they are all characters whose view of the world is explored.

To not explore an antagonist just because making them a hate sink character is easier, is simply lazy writing.
I'm not saying they have personality.
I never claimed that you did say that.
Personality? Respect? Those have nothing to do with power levels. You're mixing apples and pears for no reason.
You are correct. They do not have anything to do with power scaling. That is the point.

Dark Admiral said this.
To make it simpler; How they go down will redeem them. WB got brutally murdered in MF but his death left everyone look like a...Meh:cheers:
This was your response to that.
So the topic was Whitebeard’s death and the reasoning for why it was impactful.

My point was that Whitebeard’s death was not memorable/impactful because he was strong. In fact, his entire character arc revolved around how weak he had become.

Whitebeard’s death was memorable because he was an objectively well written character that the audience was given more than enough reasons to respect as a character.

Linlin and Kaido are both objectively mediocre characters with no respectable qualities and no amount of “sugoi, how stronk” from Oda is going to change that.

When these two characters fall, it will be nowhere near as meaningful as Whitebeard’s demise because Oda failed to give these characters any meaning to begin with.
I would argue that his defeat will mean something in terms of heroes uniting to defeat him. That will be the whole point. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised that Oda gave them no personality so that we wouldn't feel sorry for the infinite united attacks on them. Like we do for Whitebeard. But the fact will remain that only united forces could defeat a Yonko.
“The heroes” always unite to defeat any antagonist in any story with a protagonist versus antagonist dynamic. It also happens in nearly every single arc of One Piece.

With this logic, one could replace Kaido with a block of cheese and as long as Cheesedo provides enough of an obstacle for the “heroes” to unite against then it has done enough to fulfil it’s narrative obligations as an antagonist.

This level of “meaning” is utterly superficial. Antagonistic characters should be more than just obstacles to be battered down by “the good guys”.