Powers & Abilities Why didn’t Oden have a black blade?

This is actually very simple.

Oden wasn't strong enough.

Zoro's path is the lens in which we the audience are viewing the creation of the greatest swordman ever and his path to that power can't be anymore linear in terms of the progression of his swords and his Haki progression;

Meitou swords > incorporating Basic Coa > Advance Coa > ACOC > FORGING a Black blade/Supreme grade sword.

The idea that Black blade are created via some abstract concept of swordmanship and some unexplored spiritual affinity that "Pure swordman" have are just convenient excuses to justify why Mihaw/Ryuma have something that other Top tiers don't have instead of just acknowledging that they may be better at that criteria of power.

Heck, Katakuri have FS and Roger and Whitebeard are not canonically confirmed to have it.

Rayleigh have Internal destruction and Garp, Roger etc don't.

Oda asked what alongside Arnament Haki makes a Black blade and it very highly that it will just be a higher proficiency of a certain type of Haki (Acoc) or another power system. It won't be some "pure swordmanship" nonsense.

I mean Oden is in Kaido’s top 5. The black blade is the Sword God Ryuma’s feat that I assume every Wano citizen knows about and wants to accomplish. Oden is at minimum scaled to Admiral level +

why didn’t he manage to make a black blade? Did he simply choose not to do it? Is he not a pure swordsman since he uses AdvCoC?
Those a not top 5, they are representing each different tiers to get to Luffy's ceiling..

There are different ways to interpret that panel but this one is certainly among the wrong ones. Kaidou is speaking of those very few capable of fighting him, he isn't mentally drawing Luffy's path to his ceiling. There's no basis for you to think that way.
Not really, a master Swordsman like Oden who is not even on Yonko level can permanently scar Kaido.. And Shanks is not on Roger's level either.. All the characters there represent different levels and different ceilings, which was the main point that Kaido was speaking of..

You answer then loser
Why couldn't oden who had the swords since he was a kid not be able to do it after 30 years lmfao
Woah, slow your roll.

The biggest loser on this forum is you, I'm not the one that religiously believed in ZKK and ended running away with your tail between your legs when the theory failed.
Problem?
If you know how they're made then enlighten us. :saden:
Waiting on Oda

:zosleepy:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Woah, slow your roll.

The biggest loser on this forum is you, I'm not the one that religiously believed in ZKK and ended running away with your tail between your legs when the theory failed.

Waiting on Oda

:zosleepy:
Why you deflecting lmfao

Oden had the sword since he was a teen and used it for over 30 years and couldn't do it.
You have 0 argument.

The most likely answer is because the black blade does not matter that much to a swordsman. It's more likely a symbol of status and the effects must be similar to a swordsman using coating during the battle.
People don't even know what a black blade actually do. For all effects, calling it a layer of paint is just as good as theory as anything.
Hmm, you’re saying it’s not a power up?
Post automatically merged:

Only three characters are known to have forged a black blade: Ryuma, Mihawk and, in the future, Zoro.

These three share a common trait: they are all dai-kengou who aimed at the top of swordsmanship and therefore spent their lives actively looking for adversaries to duel (this is more important than many of you seem to believe: the idea of dueling your way to achievement is something with a distinctive weight in Japanese culture and we see it reflected in many popular works; for example, winning a certain number of fights as an additional requirement to "evolve" is a mechanic found in games such as Digimon, Final Fantasy or Pokémon). No other character you will think of share these two traits: most if not all of the strongest swordsmen you will think about (Oden, Rayleigh, Roger, Shanks...) have other ambitions and aren't even considered dai-kengou in spite of weaker characters (Vista, Ushimaru, current Zoro) being recognized as such.

So far it seems obvious that those two are main requirements for a black blade and yes, it probably has something to do with becoming one with your sword in a deep level that only the greatest swordsmen (which isn't the same as strongest swordsmen) who aim at the top of swordsmanship (cutting anything but nothing) can achieve.
@Celestial D. Dragon You’re saying Oden simply chose not to make a black blade

Are you saying every swordsman in the world is one choice away from making a black blade?

Are you saying every swordsman in the world is one choice away from making a black blade?
How did you possibly infer that from my question?

You want to know why he didn't turn his blade black. I asked how does one do that?

When we find out the answer to my question, it will answer your question.

Yall need to stop pretending like all Swordsmen should be capable of something we don't even know how it's achieved.

I don't think it's a direct power up in the sense that having a black blade made the user sword superior to one blade that isn't black. Otherwise the battle against Vista would be different. At a minimum the blade would be a actual concern during the battle.

The thing that I think is more plausible based on the hints is that a permanent black blade don't need a continuous infusion of Haki (CoA) to block or attack another haki user, making the user less tired and any use of Haki beyond the base a plus. A user without a black blade would end up wasting more energy to get the same base results as someone with a BB. In this sense a user of Black blade would have a advantage (specially in long battles) that would tip the scales in his favor, but this advantage is not a direct power up that increase AP or defense, beyond the usual levels of the user.