Powers & Abilities Why didn’t Oden have a black blade?

I mean Oden is in Kaido’s top 5. The black blade is the Sword God Ryuma’s feat that I assume every Wano citizen knows about and wants to accomplish. Oden is at minimum scaled to Admiral level +

why didn’t he manage to make a black blade? Did he simply choose not to do it? Is he not a pure swordsman since he uses AdvCoC?
First Ryuma was the equal of Joy Boy that should tell you how important you need to be to achive a blacke blade
Second only the strongest sworman which fought Shanks many time could achive this feat
Roger which name is blade after his son Ace, should tell you that he had a super affinity with the blade and he is a swordman
Shanks is as well one with grifon and we saw from movie Red that he coated his blade with a haki flame (like Zoro did vs King)

Now Oden's dad stated that Oden coudnt achieve that even while having massive haki feat and using advcoc
He was certain that Zoro could achive that and surpass Oden

So the blacken blade is feat that make 100% Zoro stronger than Oden

We dont know the process but Mihawk stated that every blade can become a blacken one yet there are only 2 in all OP
Probably is the rarest power in OP
Post automatically merged:

if it was just oden i would have said a strength issue
but other strong swordsmen didnt either
while am convinced mihawk is prob > oden
i think in this particular case mihawk is extremely great at something these lot lack

could be armament haki.
I dont think is luck, you need to be super special, Ryuma was the equal of the Joy Boy in that era while Mihawk is still a mistery but the dude I am sure clashed against Shanks advcoc coating fire grifon so let see what is the process to get a blacken blade

I mean Oden is in Kaido’s top 5. The black blade is the Sword God Ryuma’s feat that I assume every Wano citizen knows about and wants to accomplish. Oden is at minimum scaled to Admiral level +

why didn’t he manage to make a black blade? Did he simply choose not to do it? Is he not a pure swordsman since he uses AdvCoC?
The most likely answer is because the black blade does not matter that much to a swordsman. It's more likely a symbol of status and the effects must be similar to a swordsman using coating during the battle.
People don't even know what a black blade actually do. For all effects, calling it a layer of paint is just as good as theory as anything.

if it was just oden i would have said a strength issue
but other strong swordsmen didnt either
while am convinced mihawk is prob > oden
i think in this particular case mihawk is extremely great at something these lot lack

could be armament haki.
Buggy himself wouldn't wanna be captain if Oden was with him
The world wouldn't consider Buggy supeiror to Oden

I agree with the rest

Only three characters are known to have forged a black blade: Ryuma, Mihawk and, in the future, Zoro.

These three share a common trait: they are all dai-kengou who aimed at the top of swordsmanship and therefore spent their lives actively looking for adversaries to duel (this is more important than many of you seem to believe: the idea of dueling your way to achievement is something with a distinctive weight in Japanese culture and we see it reflected in many popular works; for example, winning a certain number of fights as an additional requirement to "evolve" is a mechanic found in games such as Digimon, Final Fantasy or Pokémon). No other character you will think of share these two traits: most if not all of the strongest swordsmen you will think about (Oden, Rayleigh, Roger, Shanks...) have other ambitions and aren't even considered dai-kengou in spite of weaker characters (Vista, Ushimaru, current Zoro) being recognized as such.

So far it seems obvious that those two are main requirements for a black blade and yes, it probably has something to do with becoming one with your sword in a deep level that only the greatest swordsmen (which isn't the same as strongest swordsmen) who aim at the top of swordsmanship (cutting anything but nothing) can achieve.