Total War franchise.

A few things have been released.

First off, a blog post on Zhatan the Black.
6 minute video.

Secondly, a Let's Play video of Zhatan with a look at more campaign mechanics and the campaign story.

Lastly, the starting positions for all three Legendary Lords.
Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Xione @Monet @Perun @Worst @Johnny B. Decent

@Owl Ki By the way, is there any major Warhammer race/faction not represented yet now with this DLC?
All the major races are covered. From what I understand, the Chaos Dwarfs were the last faction with an army book that hadn't been done.

Now with this DLC, there are no races with an an army book left. Any potential race pack after this would need a completely original unit roster.

Worst

Custom title
All the major races are covered. From what I understand, the Chaos Dwarfs were the last faction with an army book that hadn't been done.

Now with this DLC, there are no races with an an army book left. Any potential race pack after this would need a completely original unit roster.
But is the "Total War Warhammer" like a sub universe of the main Warhammer 40k universe ? I relatively recently got kinda deep into the lore ( i was blown away btw this sh** is MASSIVE! ) And i feel like they could add a lot more stuff!

I just want to command an army of Dreadnoughts already!

But is the "Total War Warhammer" like a sub universe of the main Warhammer 40k universe ? I relatively recently got kinda deep into the lore ( i was blown away btw this sh** is MASSIVE! ) And i feel like they could add a lot more stuff!

I just want to command an army of Dreadnoughts already!
Oh no. Completely different universes.

The Warhammer franchise has three universes. Warhammer Fantasy, Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k. Warhammer Fantasy is a low fantasy setting, Age of Sigmar is high fantasy and Warhammer 40k is science fantasy though plenty folk argue that it is sci-fi. Total War: Warhammer is set in Warhammer Fantasy.

Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar are connected with the latter being a sequel to the former but 40k isn't connected with the other two.

Games Workshop doesn't do much crossover between 40k and the other two settings. Even the few things in common between the different verses like the Slann, the Old Ones, the Chaos Gods and a few named Greater Demons like Kairos, Skarbrand, Ku'gath and N'Kari, are treated as alternate universe versions of those characters.

So no, there won't be something like Dreadnoughts in a Warhammer Fantasy game. Games Workshop wouldn't allow it.

All right folks, we got a new historical title coming for the franchise. :myman:

Total War: Pharaoh. :pepecroc:

In short, it is set during the Bronze Age Collapse. There will be 8 factions from 3 cultures (Egyptian, Hittite and Canaanite) in the base game.

For more details, here is the blog post.

If you don't feel like reading then here are a couple of short videos.
8 minute video.
10 minute video.

Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Monet @Blackbeard @Playa4321 @Johnny B. Decent @Xione @Perun @Worst @Peroroncino

That doesn't seen good?

Assyrians? Greeks? Nubia? Phoenicia?

IDK time periods but 3 cultures seems very very low
Yeah, what you just mentioned might be in that Deluxe Edition.
I don't know whether Faction Pack means more factions from within the three base game cultures or whether it means factions from completely different cultures. Seems a bit of a dick move either way.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Yeah, what you just mentioned might be in that Deluxe Edition.
I don't know whether Faction Pack means more factions from within the three base game cultures or whether it means factions from completely different cultures. Seems a bit of a dick move either way.
This smells like some Thrones of Britannia stuff.

3 Cultures, lets not kid ourselves, it is 3 factions. with 8 legendary lords. Basically what Karl Franz and Gelt are in WH

Judging from said cultures map will be Egypt until Nubia to the south, Levant coastline and turkey? That isn't that big at all lmfao

3 Cultures, lets not kid ourselves, it is 3 factions. with 8 legendary lords. Basically what Karl Franz and Gelt are in WH
Pretty much. I just didn't want to be outright negative on the post where I tagged you all. Lol.
Judging from said cultures map will be Egypt until Nubia to the south, Levant coastline and turkey? That isn't that big at all lmfao
See, this is where I have gotten confused between some of the YouTubers putting out this stuff. Zerkovich was treating this game like it was going to be like a Total War Saga akin to Troy but Cody was treating it like a full blown Total War title. It has the cost of the latter since Cody mentioned a €60 price tag for the base game.

So.... Yeah, it isn't looking all that enticing.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Pretty much. I just didn't want to be outright negative on the post where I tagged you all. Lol.
When i saw the leak i was hopefull simply bcs of time period - they could make a ballsy move and introduce fantasy element with monsters - but so far 3 factions with 8 legendary lords with limited map for 60$?

Yeah no, no way that quantity and quality of this game is same as the price of WH3 or WH2

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
My homie was a huge fan of series like that and I wonder if it's this.

Is this the series where you can literally run your PC into ruins if you go too ham on the forces and etc???