Total War franchise.

All right folks, we got a new historical title coming for the franchise. :myman:

Total War: Pharaoh. :pepecroc:

In short, it is set during the Bronze Age Collapse. There will be 8 factions from 3 cultures (Egyptian, Hittite and Canaanite) in the base game.

For more details, here is the blog post.

If you don't feel like reading then here are a couple of short videos.
8 minute video.
10 minute video.

Tags:
@Adam ๐ŸŽ @Monet @Blackbeard @Playa4321 @Johnny B. Decent @Xione @Perun @Worst @Peroroncino
I respect companies that still do RTS games, there's barely any other competitors left in the genre.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
My homie was a huge fan of series like that and I wonder if it's this.

Is this the series where you can literally run your PC into ruins if you go too ham on the forces and etc???
you can always make your unit number smaller

On max number yea sure battles can be 2000 vs 2000 troops and pc can be in trouble, but on small it can be 500 vs 500

When i saw the leak i was hopefull simply bcs of time period - they could make a ballsy move and introduce fantasy element with monsters - but so far 3 factions with 8 legendary lords with limited map for 60$?

Yeah no, no way that quantity and quality of this game is same as the price of WH3 or WH2
I could really do with a Medieval III round about now.

Remember when Total War did historical factions completely different to each other and you could unlock factions by conquering them? I liked those days. Those were good days. :catsweat:

Is this the series where you can literally run your PC into ruins if you go too ham on the forces and etc???
I actually used similar games to simulate Kingdom battles lmfao, from the environment to what troops wear, some RTS give you full control to create your own factions and storyline.

Like once i used the built-in map editor of an RTS to design Kankoku Pass wall, placed enough forces on each side in accordance with the manga, then sat back and enjoyed a perfect simulation of the Coalition arc.

I can usually get away with 20,000-30,000 army battle before my PC starts freezing.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I actually used similar games to simulate Kingdom battles lmfao, from the environment to what troops wear, some RTS give you full control to create your own factions and storyline.

Like once i used the built-in map editor of an RTS to design Kankoku Pass wall, placed enough forces on each side in accordance with the manga, then sat back and enjoyed a perfect simulation of the Coalition arc.

I can usually get away with 20,000-30,000 army battle before my PC starts freezing.
I will roam on YT there must be someone who does Kingdom battles fr.

The perfect game for this shit to be put into life.

All right folks, we got a new historical title coming for the franchise. :myman:

In short, it is set during the Bronze Age Collapse. There will be 8 factions from 3 cultures (Egyptian, Hittite and Canaanite) in the base game.

8 minute video.
10 minute video.

Tags:
@Adam ๐ŸŽ @Monet @Blackbeard @Playa4321 @Johnny B. Decent @Xione @Perun @Worst @Peroroncino
sorry
i was excited for glimpse but nah from just the trailer before i read anything
i felt it's just saga game like troy etc.

even the trailer is not thrilling at all

not as 3k or warhammer 3 trailers at all.
this alone speak of it.

Peroroncino

๐Ÿ…ท๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ…ฐ ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ณ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ณ
โ€Ž

8 minute video.
10 minute video.

Tags:
:steef: These total wars with simple names tend to be the best, total war pharaoh total war shogun etc

lol it's from the same team of troy lol
big skip as troy didn't interset me at all .

__
i hope this faills so CA learn from this .
last historical was 3k in 2018 but dropped it even thou it sold very well
w3 released 2 years ago
and them releasing saga 3 in 2023
it seems the real hisorical game is not coming any time soon
2025 or 2026

it should be medevila 3 , empire 2 or shogun 3

sorry
i was excited for glimpse but nah from just the trailer before i read anything
i felt it's just saga game like troy etc.

even the trailer is not thrilling at all

not as 3k or warhammer 3 trailers at all.
this alone speak of it.
The trailer was supposed to be about Ancient Egyptian symbolism. Something about scarab beetles and the Sun God or whatever. Doesn't really change the fact that most of the trailer was watching a dung beetle roll around a piece of crap.

The DLC is also flat out insulting the more you look at it. It is all day one DLC that could (and really should) be in the full price 60 quid game.

Some of the DLC listed is just flat out "why is this a DLC?" Cosmetic changes for specific units? A digital soundtrack DLC? Come on..... :shame:

8 minute video.
10 minute video.

Tags:
If I'm being honest.

I haven't been able to get into the historical total wars after getting into the Warhammer series.

If I'm being honest.

I haven't been able to get into the historical total wars after getting into the Warhammer series.
To be honest, there hasn't really been a 100% solid historical Total War game for a long time. TW Attila was the last, full blown, genuinely historical Total War game (TW Saga: Thrones of Britannia doesn't count. Lol.).

Three Kingdoms is the closest thing for a while but when one of the DLC factions has units of friggin tigers then it is kinda just bordering on very low fantasy.

I don't think there is going to be another decent, purely historical Total War game until the DLC cycle for Warhammer 3 is finished. :josad:

The trailer was supposed to be about Ancient Egyptian symbolism. Something about scarab beetles and the Sun God or whatever. Doesn't really change the fact that most of the trailer was watching a dung beetle roll around a piece of crap.

The DLC is also flat out insulting the more you look at it. It is all day one DLC that could (and really should) be in the full price 60 quid game.

Some of the DLC listed is just flat out "why is this a DLC?" Cosmetic changes for specific units? A digital soundtrack DLC? Come on..... :shame:
yep this smells like it exists to grab some money before their big game later , it scream give me ur money ๐Ÿ˜†.

To be honest, there hasn't really been a 100% solid historical Total War game for a long time. TW Attila was the last, full blown, genuinely historical Total War game (TW Saga: Thrones of Britannia doesn't count. Lol.).

Three Kingdoms is the closest thing for a while but when one of the DLC factions has units of friggin tigers then it is kinda just bordering on very low fantasy.

I don't think there is going to be another decent, purely historical Total War game until the DLC cycle for Warhammer 3 is finished. :josad:
exactly
3k was good but they dropped so early and didn't manage the dlc well .

for this decade it seems CA lives only on warhammer.

they have many great settings the fans have asking for it for fkn decade
but they are not listening at all instead just throw those saga titles.

i really want to see what they going to do now cuz warhammer trilogy is done
only dlc team working on w3.

will they grab a new fantasy setting or what .

Even when I go play the older ones like Shogun and etc, they feel.... lack luster? dull?

I think the whole magic, vibrance, various types of looking creatures and units, special abilities and all that jazz is just next level.

Alright, Patch 3.1 is coming. Tis the last patch before the next DLC. Main thing of note is that Bretonnia basically got a soft rework.
8 minute video.

Also coming with the patch is a new FLC Legendary Hero in old Harry the Hammer.
1 minute video.
By the look and sound of it, he will be available for Khorn factions and Warriors of Chaos factions.

Tags:
@Adam ๐ŸŽ @Blackbeard @Johnny B. Decent @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @Playa4321 @Worst @Xione

Unfortunately I can't say that I have. Lol.
If you dig LoTR then thereโ€™s nothing stopping you, the mod is insanely accurate. The classic total wars are great but donโ€™t get you as immersed as TA. Pillaging Gondorian and Rohirric towns and cities under the banner of the Witch King in the name of Sauron simply hits different
:steef: