Total War franchise.

Well what do you know. CA has actually done an official apology post on their blog site and have promised to improve things.
12 minute video.
Basic bullet points are:
• They are going to add additional content to the Shadows of Change DLC in an update in February 2024.
•Thrones of Decay has been delayed to April 2024.
• Pharaoh will now be sold at $40 instead of $60 with anybody who paid $60 getting a partial refund of $20.
• All pre-purchased DLCs for Pharaoh are being refunded.

Tags:
@Blackbeard @Adam 🍎 @Playa4321 @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @Worst @Xione @SakazOuki

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Well what do you know. CA has actually done an official apology post on their blog site and have promised to improve things.
12 minute video.
Basic bullet points are:
• They are going to add additional content to the Shadows of Change DLC in an update in February 2024.
•Thrones of Decay has been delayed to April 2024.
• Pharaoh will now be sold at $40 instead of $60 with anybody who paid $60 getting a partial refund of $20.
• All pre-purchased DLCs for Pharaoh are being refunded.

Tags:
@Blackbeard @Adam 🍎 @Playa4321 @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @Worst @Xione @SakazOuki
I might actually buy it now

Yeah the last game i bought was shogun 2
Well just be careful because there might not be much support from CA for this title. As Cody said, the main reason why they probably did the pre-purchased DLC refunds for the Special Editions is because it gets CA out of being legally obligated to provide said DLC. Somebody probably some number crunching and realised it was cheaper to refund all the pre-purchases than to make a DLC for a game that has attracted middling interest.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Well just be careful because there might not be much support from CA for this title. As Cody said, the main reason why they probably did the pre-purchased DLC refunds for the Special Editions is because it gets CA out of being legally obligated to provide said DLC. Somebody probably some number crunching and realised it was cheaper to refund all the pre-purchases than to make a DLC for a game that has attracted middling interest.
Am fine with that tbh,Pharaoh will be dirt cheap on a sale so i can see myself buying it.
I played troy too because epic gave it for free but didnt like it as much as shogun 2

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Am fine with that tbh,Pharaoh will be dirt cheap on a sale so i can see myself buying it.
I played troy too because epic gave it for free but didnt like it as much as shogun 2
Please, if you wanna play a historical title get Three Kingdoms Total War

It is prolly the best one and overall one of best Total War games and it is cheap af now. Cao Cao, Lu Bu and company is hella fun

three kingdoms probably my favourite, my only big issue with it were the legendary characters dying permanently and having to wait 20 years for Sun Ren to grow up so I could play her.

Alright, we finally got some news on Patch 4.2 aka the patch where CA attempts to make Shadows of Change worth purchasing.

They are going to reveal what the additions are for each of the factions over the next three weeks. This week is Cathay, next week is Tzeentch, last week is Kislev.
The highlights for Cathay are:

• A new Legendary Hero, Saytang the Watcher. It's a Sentinel with a giant bow instead of a colossal pole arm.

• A new hybrid ranged/melee hero in the Gate Master. He can get a Warhorse as a mount.

• A new flying monster and monstrous mount for Astromancers in the Great Moon Bird. It is basically a Cathayan phoenix.

• Another flying monster and monstrous mount for the Celestial General in the Celestial Lion. It's a good guy manticore.

There are some notes for Kislev this week:

• Katarin will be getting her sled mount as free content.

• A new lore has been added to Shadows of Change which likely means the new lore will be the Lore of Hags.

• Unfortunately, Hag Mothers won't be a Lord option because "Ostankya is the only Hag Mother of Kislev". This sounds like a lore thing that Games Workshop refused to budge on. Likewise, Gospodor and Ungol units won't be things either.

Other things to note:

• Mention is made of a character called the Golden Knight. Might be Kislev related.

• Mention is also made of a "Hotpot" unit. This could be the Halfling Hotpot for the Empire.

• The Free LC for Thrones of Decay will finally be a Legendary Lord. About time.

• It looks like the new content format for Thrones of Decay and all these types of faction DLC going forward will go like this.

DLC Content – Shadows of Change & Thrones of Decay

3 Legendary Lords – Each playable in the Realms of Chaos and Immortal Empires campaigns
Unique gameplay mechanics for each Legendary Lord
3 Legendary Heroes – One per race
3 Lords – One per race
3 Heroes – One per race
5 Units (Infantry/Cavalry/Monsters etc.) per race
3 Regiments of Renown per race
1 FREELC Character (Aekold Helbrass for Shadows of Change and a Legendary Lord for Thrones of Decay)
Potential Further Content

New Spell Lore*
New Mounts*
New Additional FREELC*

*Subject to the IP, theming of the DLC, and where applicable.

Tags:
@Blackbeard @Adam 🍎 @Xione @Monet @Perun @Tyki_Mikk @Worst @SakazOuki @Peroroncino

News on Tzeentch additions for Shadows of Change.
Short summary:

• New generic melee lord option in the Chaos Lord of Tzeentch. Is an anti-large unit and can be mounted on a Chaos Steed, Chaos Chariot or a Disk of Tzeentch. Available to both Tzeentch and Warriors of Chaos factions.

• New generic melee hero option in the Exalted Hero of Tzeentch. Is an anti-large unit and can be mounted on a Chaos Steed, Chaos Chariot or a Disk of Tzeentch. Available to both Tzeentch and Warriors of Chaos factions.

• Centigors of Tzeentch. Are Centigors with great weapons, have armour piercing, magical attacks and a barrier. Available to Tzeentch and Beastmen factions.

• Changebringers. Are Flamers on Disks of Tzeentch. Greater mobility but weaker barriers compared to regular Flamers.

• Kislev units will apparently be revealed later this week and Patch 4.2 is scheduled for next week.

Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Blackbeard @Monet @Tyki_Mikk @Xione @Perun @SakazOuki @Peroroncino @Worst

News on Kislev.
Short summary:

• First off, we finally got the Lore of the Hags. I'm not going through every spell but if I understand the post correctly, the basics seem to be that each spell has two utilities.

The normal spell does damage or debuffs to enemies while the overcast spell buffs your own troops instead. This Lore also has an attribute when every time a spell is used, the enemy suffers a leadership penalty while simultaneously your own troops gain a spell resistance.

• New hybrid Lord option in the Druzhina because Games Workshop shot down Hag Mothers as Lords. The Druzhina is armed with a bow and an axe while his only mount option is a War Horse. He boosts missile troops and can provide extra ammo for them.

• New Legendary Hero in the Golden Knight. Is a melee Duellist that can be mounted on a War Horse. She can also provide buffs to Lords and Heroes while being near them.

• New Tier 1 unit in Kislevite Warriors. They are a cheap, anti-large unit with more entities than any other Kislev unit.

• New monster in the Frost Wyrm, which uses to be the name of a Norscan unit that has been renamed to Chaos Frost Dragon. Anyway, it is a flightless dragon that looks like it operates similar to a Brood Horror but with the addition of the Frostbite ability. It is a fast, Tier 3 monster unit that can also be a mount for Ice Witches and Katarin herself.

• Katerin gets her Sled mount as FLC. It will be her fastest mount and comes with a couple of Ice Guards shooting arrows from atop it.

Patch 4.2 will be coming next Thursday, February 22nd.

Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Blackbeard @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @SakazOuki @Worst @Xione

News on Kislev.
Short summary:

• First off, we finally got the Lore of the Hags. I'm not going through every spell but if I understand the post correctly, the basics seem to be that each spell has two utilities.

The normal spell does damage or debuffs to enemies while the overcast spell buffs your own troops instead. This Lore also has an attribute when every time a spell is used, the enemy suffers a leadership penalty while simultaneously your own troops gain a spell resistance.

• New hybrid Lord option in the Druzhina because Games Workshop shot down Hag Mothers as Lords. The Druzhina is armed with a bow and an axe while his only mount option is a War Horse. He boosts missile troops and can provide extra ammo for them.

• New Legendary Hero in the Golden Knight. Is a melee Duellist that can be mounted on a War Horse. She can also provide buffs to Lords and Heroes while being near them.

• New Tier 1 unit in Kislevite Warriors. They are a cheap, anti-large unit with more entities than any other Kislev unit.

• New monster in the Frost Wyrm, which uses to be the name of a Norscan unit that has been renamed to Chaos Frost Dragon. Anyway, it is a flightless dragon that looks like it operates similar to a Brood Horror but with the addition of the Frostbite ability. It is a fast, Tier 3 monster unit that can also be a mount for Ice Witches and Katarin herself.

• Katerin gets her Sled mount as FLC. It will be her fastest mount and comes with a couple of Ice Guards shooting arrows from atop it.

Patch 4.2 will be coming next Thursday, February 22nd.

Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Blackbeard @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @SakazOuki @Worst @Xione
it's good they are repairing their relation with the fans.

nkw add Araby or Ind or that Japanese civilians

Thanks @Yoho :feelsokeman:

So the news chain has started coming out for Thrones of Decay. The trailer will likely release sometime next week.

Ahead of the trailer though, CA has put the news out through content creators that there will be the option to either purchase the DLC pack as usual or purchase on an individual faction basis at a much reduced price.

So if you don't care for Nurgle or the Dwarfs but love playing as the Empire then you can purchase the Empire content separately.
11 minute video.
Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Blackbeard @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @SakazOuki @Tyki_Mikk @Xione @Worst

So the news chain has started coming out for Thrones of Decay. The trailer will likely release sometime next week.

Ahead of the trailer though, CA has put the news out through content creators that there will be the option to either purchase the DLC pack as usual or purchase on an individual faction basis at a much reduced price.

So if you don't care for Nurgle or the Dwarfs but love playing as the Empire then you can purchase the Empire content separately.
11 minute video.
Tags:
@Adam 🍎 @Blackbeard @Monet @Peroroncino @Perun @SakazOuki @Tyki_Mikk @Xione @Worst
next game ww1 ?!
that's suprise one
as I am big fans of that period and i love empire.

ww1 seems interesting

11 minute video.
Tags:

On the other side of this highly intelligent RTS game anticipation, lies my primal 0 IQ gameplay of Fromsoft's gem:

https://streamable.com/ghekfi

@Lee Ba Shou

Last edited: