One Piece - Chapter 1085: The death of Nefertari Cobra

Rate the chapter

• Total voters

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Have the Gorosei transformed into legless (and in some cases, bodiless) creatures? Why is giant Imu from last panel suddenly a bodiless set of eyes instead of a consistent silhouette with the previous panel?

It’s very clearly symbolic.
Post automatically merged:

Hard to tell if it’s shock without a facial expression.

I suppose it could have been a heavy suspicion, yeah.
I am talking about changes in his eyes

I think I said it didn’t matter whether the Gorosei protected Imu or not, it’s just that the sheer size of it meant it was required to be drawn separate from the others.

It’s blatantly clear from what I’ve put in red that the scene is symbolic. Or that the Gorosei are basically just a set of torso’s and heads. You decide what hill to die on.
Again, semantics lmao. They are blobs, so why are you getting upset about one not being depicted the page before "properly" in the same order.

lol looking back at the chapter i'm thinking the order of events were imu eating sabo attack (proof of some sort of df use) ,then one of the elders moves on the stairs to prevent another attack from being launched at imu (gorosei spread). Finally we get the panel of him running away and oda gives off a evil vibe with the gorosei and imu eyes. Just makes sense we will get a panel with all 5 gorosei silhouetted imo.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Yeah, it’s still hard to say what that reaction is without the rest of the face. Is that wide-eyed and then narrowed (shocked), or normal then narrowed? (made a decision to strike now the truth is admitted).
True

But him asking question to cobra implies he was looking for confirmation of his suspicion because he gains nothing from asking such question if he already knew for sure who Lily was

Nah it sounds like they had a suspicion but couldn’t confirm it. The letter was the confirmation they needed which is why they let Kobra live to answer it
Yeah, it could be that Imu has been suspicious of Lily‘s motiviations all these years- “was it a mistake or was it a plan?”- and this is the confirmation they need.

Again, semantics lmao. They are blobs, so why are you getting upset about one not being depicted the page before "properly" in the same order.
Man, don’t try and pull the “ehy are you getting upset” argument when you’ve literally been screaming in caps lol.

It’s clear to me that it’s symbolic and not a literal depiction of the order, that the Gorosei in question (big head) is the giant and I’m pretty sure I’ll be proven right in the future.