Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure violence by definition only refers to physical damage and the sort.
Why wouldn’t mental damage fit in the same category?

If you disagree with people, don’t yell it in their faces and wish bad things to happen to them or their families. If they’re not harming you or your family, then you shouldn’t either. Hatred only breeds more hatred.

There are people who will kill and injure people because they’re different, and I don’t think that’s right. If you disagree with someone, then try to ignore it. Pray for them even if you wish to do so.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m ranting, I’m just saying what I think I should right now.

If you disagree with people, don’t yell it in their faces and wish bad things to happen to them or their families. If they’re not harming you or your family, then you shouldn’t either. Hatred only breeds more hatred.

There are people who will kill and injure people because they’re different, and I don’t think that’s right. If you disagree with someone, then try to ignore it. Pray for them even if you wish to do so.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m ranting. I’m just saying what I think I should right now.
i agree with most of what you are saying here, but i still value freedom of speech. and if my speech offends anyone, thats their problem. offense is taken, not given. actual violence is unacceptable, unless for self defense purposes
Post automatically merged:

People asking to be removed from an universal tag is funny:ihaha:
i dont even think that would be a bad option. some peeps are here for manga shit. opting out of a universal tag thats not related to manga shit should be fine.

Why wouldn’t mental damage fit in the same category?

Sorry if it sounds like I’m ranting, I’m just saying what I think I should right now.
I don't advocate for shouting in the faces of people. I am simply saying I will also not hold back my opinions. There is a nuance to this, ShiShi.

There is a difference between aggression and what I call 'speaking your mind'. If I approach you and shout at you "I THINK YOU SHOULD FUCKING DIE." Then I am being aggressive, this is not right.

If I say: "I don't particularly agree with your opinion," or "Happy Pride Month," I am not being violent because someone disagrees with me or it upsets them.

Does this make sense?

pretty sure violence by definition only refers to physical damage and the sort.
I read the definition. I guess you’re right about that.

It’s kinda weird though, because it seems like it could work for mental health as well if you think about it.

i agree with most of what you are saying here, but i still value freedom of speech. and if my speech offends anyone, thats their problem. offense is taken, not given. actual violence is unacceptable, unless for self defense purposes
I mean, you can disagree with stuff. The problem I have is when people bully others and try to harm them mentally or physically.

I don't advocate for shouting in the faces of people. I am simply saying I will also not hold back my opinions. There is a nuance to this, ShiShi.

There is a difference between aggression and what I call 'speaking your mind'. If I approach you and shout at you "I THINK YOU SHOULD FUCKING DIE." Then I am being aggressive, this is not right.

If I say: "I don't particularly agree with your opinion," or "Happy Pride Month," I am not being violent because someone disagrees with me or it upsets them.

Does this make sense?
This is what I meant by hurting people with words. If you hurt people by saying you don’t agree with them, then that’s a bit different. If you go out of your way to treat the other person like a piece of trash, then that’s just bad.

Sorry if I didn’t make this clear. It’s okay to disagree with things and even say you disagree with them, but I think both sides should try to get along even if they have differences.

I think there are some people who attack others BECAUSE they don’t agree with them. I believe this is the reason why a lot of people feel like they can’t say they do or don’t agree with something, and the fear of getting doxxed by some insane person on the internet doesn’t make things easier. Both sides should try to listen to eachother to some extent.

I wonder if I’m expecting too much? I just don’t like to see or hear negativity. I wish things were more peaceful.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
People asking to be removed from an universal tag is funny:ihaha:
Ikr what's the point in being part of a community if you don't wanna participate. The forum wide tag is a nice way to get everyone involved, I don't think that you should ask to take yourself off it because you might miss important announcements etc. If people don't wanna participate then you could simply just ignore the notification and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.