Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only really a big deal in America. Other countries have their little thing here and there but that's it.

Another thing Pride Month has become famous/infamous for is corporations jumping onto to bandwagon and exploiting the event by including the flag onto their products just to sell products. They don't actually care about any of this. :milaugh:

At the end of the month all the rainbow stuff in marketing goes away and corps pretend like nothing happened. Till next year.
Word.
The genius part was making it into a full month thing.
A whole 30 days to sell merch.

Corporate Moneymaking Speedrun, Any% :pepebusi:
Aye
One of the reasons I absolutely hate Valentine's day
It's horrible both if you're single and not, because in the first case you're shoved in your face with merch, ads, movies and other couple-y stuff, and in another case you're supposed to celebrate with overpriced gifts and chocolate something that honestly costs no money and should be celebrated the whole time you have it - love

Aye
One of the reasons I absolutely hate Valentine's day
It's horrible both if you're single and not, because in the first case you're shoved in your face with merch, ads, movies and other couple-y stuff, and in another case you're supposed to celebrate with overpriced gifts and chocolate something that honestly costs no money and should be celebrated the whole time you have it - love
Yep
Also the reason why Christmas is pissing me off these days.
Gifts should be banned
When you need something you should buy it over the year and NOT before Christmas because it's much more expensive

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Yep
Also the reason why Christmas is pissing me off these days.
Gifts should be banned
When you need something you should buy it over the year and NOT before Christmas because it's much more expensive
Most of holidays are now commercialized and made to be a reason to sell stuff
But tho gifts are rather a thing of tradition of someone. In my family we start to think about gifts around September and get them around October, one per person from the main money collected from everyone and some small like candies or so. Oh and my sister make hand painted glass ornaments for everyone, one ornament per person. Last year they were lizard themed

Most of holidays are now commercialized and made to be a reason to sell stuff
But tho gifts are rather a thing of tradition of someone. In my family we start to think about gifts around September and get them around October, one per person from the main money collected from everyone and some small like candies or so. Oh and my sister make hand painted glass ornaments for everyone, one ornament per person. Last year they were lizard themed
Wow that sounds great.
In my family people used to get stressed over buying gifts and would spite anyone who didn't gift something to themselves / their children.
Everyone was competing over gifts really. And in the end you'd receive all sorts of shit gifts that you don't need AND you had to be polite and say ThaNk yOu soOo mUUch even tho the person you received the stuff from was fully aware of the gift's uselessness.

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Wow that sounds great.
In my family people used to get stressed over buying gifts and would spite anyone who didn't gift something to themselves / their children.
Everyone was competing over gifts really. And in the end you'd receive all sorts of shit gifts that you don't need AND you had to be polite and say ThaNk yOu soOo mUUch even tho the person you received the stuff from was fully aware of the gift's uselessness.
That's why we just give money to our sister who is an expert of gifts and packing them. No need to argue over who is better in it

Tom Hansen is literally me

all my life i thought patrick bateman was literally me, but no, i was wrong. patrick bateman wasn't 'literally' me he was just a very intriguing character that i slightly related to. the real 'literally me' character would be tom hansen, from '500 days of summer'. man, the movie just fucking attacks me every second by narrowing everything down to what happened to me. summer would be such a hateable character for me, i mean tom got beaten up for her and her ungrateful ass decided to blame tom for that? and honestly tom has taught me one very important thing, 'someone being interested in the same bullshit as you does not mean you two are soulmates', and yes, ive been saying this to myself too, that the chances of a relationship being successful really boil down to the two people's core principles. anyway, i believe tom hansen is literally me. everything that happened to him, every thing summer did that was wrong, everything. fuck i even relate to the kind of 'relationship' they had, and the kind of attitude a**a portrayed in that. i really do hope i find my autumn too, so i can atleast know what it feels like to have someone interested in you, to have someone care for you and love you. and just like tom hansen, i will move on. i have to. there is no such thing as true love, there is no such thing as fate. it is all random coincidence, its just that a coincidence might turn out to be good and you term it fate, kind of insane to think of the psychological impact one such coincidence causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.