How strong is Figarland Garling ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indigo

Nah

He was eagerly waiting to draw G5 and story from now onwards.

And, we know he keeps on adding new ideas once an arc begins. He admitted it himself when he said WCI was not intended to last that long.

If mere kaido and BM arc can last 4-5 years then no way oda will wrap one piece when he has yet to flesh out

Blackbeard
Shanks
Dragon
Admirals
Gorosei and IMU
Mihawk
Df lore
Ancient kingdom lore

All of these are way more important that kaido and BM so no way one piece is getting over before 7-8 years. It's not possible because oda has laid the plot so big that he will be needing time to just conclude it and I am not even talking about doing justice with it.

And, this is becoming more obvious with decreasing frequency of chapters each year
I agree with everything here, that wasn't my argument

If Oda wanted, he could take another 10 years to finish One Piece with his classic pacing

but i sense a desire from Oda to end One Piece

every single interview / message he makes to the fans is always about his health, or about ending One Piece and stuff like

also the Live Action Netflix series, and the way he said "If this project fails, this is it, it's my last attempt for my in my lifetime"

if really is planning to keep working on One Piece for another 10 years, he wouldn't have said that, that's plenty of time for the live action series to fail and then give it another try in another project

I could be completely wrong, but i think he wants to finish it before he dies and he feels like he won't live for that long if he keeps going

I hope you're right, and that One Piece keeps going for a long time

but considering Oda's statements, the pacing of the last 12 months, the amount of answers and questions being answered

Seems like Oda really wants to end it

Don't know how long it's gonna take him though
Oda did say that even though we are in the final saga, One Piece won't be ending anytime soon.

That's one of the reason why it's not that surprising that Egghead is going to be a longer arc than what some originally thought it would be.

I hope you're right, and that One Piece keeps going for a long time

but considering Oda's statements, the pacing of the last 12 months, the amount of answers and questions being answered

Seems like Oda really wants to end it

Don't know how long it's gonna take him though
Ofc he wants to end it, and yes his pacing "seems" quicker, but you have to consider the volume of what hes addressing. Theres easily 10x the relevant characters vs. what Wano had. If he kept Wano pace, we would never see the end of the series whatsoever.

But consider the fact that hes also adding more on top of it all too (Burned Man, God Knights, etc). Its "faster", but not really. This can easily take another 10 years depedending in how fast we get through Egghead and Elbaf, and whatever follows with the conflict over One Piece or the WG.

Well, providing that the Straw Hats get out of Egghead safely, all they really have to do is to find Mr. Burn Scars and find the 4th Road Poneglyph.

Obviously, it won't be that easy, but with also Morganz about to announce Imu;'s existence, things are rapidly getting chaotic in the OP World.

I

Indigo

Well, providing that the Straw Hats get out of Egghead safely, all they really have to do is to find Mr. Burn Scars and find the 4th Road Poneglyph.

Obviously, it won't be that easy, but with also Morganz about to announce Imu;'s existence, things are rapidly getting chaotic in the OP World.
We also already know that the "Egghead Incident" happening in less than 24 hours inside the story is gonna kickstart the final war it seems

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

If Oda wanted, he could take another 10 years to finish One Piece with his classic pacing

every single interview / message he makes to the fans is always about his health, or about ending One Piece and stuff like

also the Live Action Netflix series, and the way he said "If this project fails, this is it, it's my last attempt for my in my lifetime"

if really is planning to keep working on One Piece for another 10 years, he wouldn't have said that, that's plenty of time for the live action series to fail and then give it another try in another project

I could be completely wrong, but i think he wants to finish it before he dies and he feels like he won't live for that long if he keeps going
Obviously he wants to finish it but that doesn't mean he wants to finish it in just few years

What he means is that this is final saga and one piece will be over with it.

He also said that real one piece begins now so there is no way oda will rush it.

And, it's for his own good that he takes time to finish it instead of rushing it

We also already know that the "Egghead Incident" happening in less than 24 hours inside the story is gonna kickstart the final war it seems
I have to imagine Elbaf is probably next, as it seems Saul may or may not be the Burned Man. Plus, Robin has to reunite with him and get all that juicy Ohara info, regardless.

Maybe something happens there that causes Luffy and Shanks to become enemies, too.

7 warlords: 15 years
2 Yonkos: 8 years

-2 yonkos remaining (BB & Shanks) + Cross Guild

-Elbaf/Loki/Saul/Ohara/Lore

-Man marked by flames (necessary for the last Poneglyph)

-Laughtale/One Piece/Void Century/Ancient Kingdom/Will of D./lore

-Final War against WG (Imu/Gorosei/HolyKnights/Revos/Dragon/Admirals

Those are the obligatory routes (Except for Elbaf), And we know Oda loves to introduce new things.
All of this in 5 years seems impossible.

Interesting seeing all the big series from current Shounen Jump getting ready to end it seems

One Piece - final saga
My Hero Academia - final arc / war
Jujutsu Kaisen - Author said he wanted to end this year, no way it happens, but it's getting there at some point
Black Clover - final arc

WSJ gonna need a few new names / hitters to recover
Sakamoto days, undead unluck and akane banashi makes me noy miss yje non-op mangos

7 warlords: 15 years
2 Yonkos: 8 years

-2 yonkos remaining (BB & Shanks) + Cross Guild

-Elbaf/Loki/Saul/Ohara/Lore

-Man marked by flames (necessary for the last Poneglyph)

-Laughtale/One Piece/Void Century/Ancient Kingdom/Will of D./lore

-Final War against WG (Imu/Gorosei/HolyKnights/Revos/Dragon/Admirals

Those are the obligatory routes (Except for Elbaf), And we know Oda loves to introduce new things.
All of this in 5 years seems impossible.
Only Teach and Imu are major villains of this saga

Laugh tale and Roadster won't be major arcs. At best 20 chapters each
Elbaf will be like Zou or at best have 70 chapters

Shanks will lose in mini arc offscreen to Teach a la Ace vs Teach.

Only Beehive and Mariejois arcs will have 85+ chapters

Ofc he wants to end it, and yes his pacing "seems" quicker, but you have to consider the volume of what hes addressing. Theres easily 10x the relevant characters vs. what Wano had. If he kept Wano pace, we would never see the end of the series whatsoever.

But consider the fact that hes also adding more on top of it all too (Burned Man, God Knights, etc). Its "faster", but not really. This can easily take another 10 years depedending in how fast we get through Egghead and Elbaf, and whatever follows with the conflict over One Piece or the WG.
its also faster because he applying "end of arc" spirit, thats where stuff used to happen more to the world. going more borad and leaving strawhats for a bit, wano was too closed

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

I respect if he wants to finish.

Shueisha milked him a lot. He also once stated that he would love some critical input from his inner circle which means that his editors massage his ego rather than help him see the wrong.

He better finish it before Shueisha pressure causes him to end up like Togashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.