General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean Demon Slayer is not like the best manga out there but it's very enjoyable when it comes to story and plot LOL.
I think that's pretty much the general consensus. Don't know anyone that thinks demon slayer is the best manga, but most can agree it's solid, and the success of the entire franchise speaks for itself. Right now it's no.1 in manga sales, no.1 in light novel sales and was voted the anime of the year by professionals in the anime industry. This success would naturally drive some mad enough to make rants about Netflix and whatnot.

Unfortunate for their sanity that it's only gonna get bigger and bigger when the rest of the series gets adapted.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
For me the subsequent three are most definitely better.
1. Death Note
2. Monster
3. Code Geass

To be fair though, they are much shorter than OP, I think that when you put all of them together you get like 1/3 of OP chapters at this point, so the writing can be more consistent. Secondly, I personally enjoy battles of wits more than battles of strength, so the aforementioned three are perfectly suited for me.

There are other manga that I've been enjoying quite a lot recently. Bungou Stray Dogs and Black Butler come to mind first. I think the stories and the characters in them are very interesting and good.

Another pretty fun manga, nothing special to be honest though, is Black Clover. As I said it's nothing special but a pretty fun read @Admiral Lee Hung can attest to it, and I've been enjoying it much more than OP recently.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Trying to say which manga is objectively better than OP would just open up a can of worms so I'll stick to the manga I'm enjoying more than OP. Wano arc has made One Piece fall further and further down my ladder. In no particular order:

One Punch Man
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Inuyashiki
Teppu
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad
Battle Royale
Hunter x Hunter
Jojo
Death Note
MHA
Berserk
Oyasumi Punpun

For me the subsequent three are most definitely better.
1. Death Note
2. Monster
3. Code Geass

To be fair though, they are much shorter than OP, I think that when you put all of them together you get like 1/3 of OP chapters at this point, so the writing can be more consistent. Secondly, I personally enjoy battles of wits more than battles of strength, so the aforementioned three are perfectly suited for me.

There are other manga that I've been enjoying quite a lot recently. Bungou Stray Dogs and Black Butler come to mind first. I think the stories and the characters in them are very interesting and good.

Another pretty fun manga, nothing special to be honest though, is Black Clover. As I said it's nothing special but a pretty fun read @Admiral Lee Hung can attest to it, and I've been enjoying it much more than OP recently.
right, they are all fantastic, but too short 😂 hope @Admiral Lee Hung willing to share something tho

In the mainstream shonen i prefer One Piece by far, not just because is an amazing manga, but because had an emotional value as i've been reading for the last 15y.

But i think os meaningless say that there's a best one, i like Vagabond, HxH, Monsters, Pluto, Dororo and some others, but i dont think they are worst or best than OP, they are different works.

One piece is great. But when I get bored with one piece coz of there are too many break and slow plot, I read FENG SHEN JI and The Breaker and the breaker new waves couple years ago. But now, I chose to read lightnovel, such us Tales of demons and god, Againts the gods, emperor domination, and also martial god asura. But the manga adaption are sucks.

One piece is great. But when I get bored with one piece coz of there are too many break and slow plot, I read FENG SHEN JI and The Breaker and the breaker new waves couple years ago. But now, I chose to read lightnovel, such us Tales of demons and god, Againts the gods, emperor domination, and also martial god asura. But the manga adaption are sucks.
not a new problem in manga adaptation from light novels :)

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Dragon Ball is the only one deserving the golden medal but then every other series all resemble third medalists lol
Dragon ball is a great battle show but it is quite empty for me. It is hype x100000 when you are a kid but frankly the character development, the story, the topics etc aren't that great.

I loved that show, and I still like it but I can't put it in the top

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Dragon ball is a great battle show but it is quite empty for me. It is hype x100000 when you are a kid but frankly the character development, the story, the topics etc aren't that great.

I loved that show, and I still like it but I can't put it in the top
It's ok man, personal taste and memories also count :P there's no true objectivity here, because we aren't expert from some commission to judge :P

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Dragon Ball is to Shonen what LotR is to fantasy. Without Dragon Ball we don't have discussions like this. I've liked other series a lot more, but what it did for the industry can't be denied.
I agree, DB was an inspiration for a whole new generation of mangakas and changed a lot of things, the show was, is and will stay cult

But I can't stop myself when I think about the characters, the plot etc with adult eyes to be a little bit disappointed. But when I remember my reactions has a child yes DBZ was really something

I agree DB was a great inspiration but content wise I think some shonen proved themselves to be superior after him. While LOTR is one of the main inspiration for fantasy and still one of the best one ever.

Last edited:
It depends on people, I'm sure there is even people who likes Fairy Tail more than OP.

As for me, from my point of view, I would say HxH. There are some aspects in OP that are better or way better than HxH and the opposite but overall I like HxH more, or at least some times I go reread some old HxH arc while with OP that never actually happened.