Powers & Abilities Lets settle this once and for all: was Kaido awakened or not???

During his rooftop fight with goofy, we witnessed kaido use not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR zoan forms:

Dragon form:

Hybrid form:

Whatever this is where kaido has a significant difference on his face:

Flaming dragon:

Ok, we all know this since we read the manga, but whats the goal here???

I see a lot of people undermining luffy's achievments( to the point of comparing him to his underling whose greatest feat revolves around using all his might to give kaido a meaningless wound hahahahahha) saying that kaido was tired after all his battles, but was he rlly?, lets see:

He got jumped by scabbards that although using ryou were only able to give superficial harm with minimal pain on him:

He got surprised due to oden flashbacks, but quickly realized he was just on schizo time and oden was dead.

On this exchange, something very important was stated: YOU CAN'T EFFECTIVELY DAMAGE KAIDO WITHOUT ACOC.

Lets keep going:

Supernovas fight:

Kid attacking kaido without ACoC, result? No damage taken

Law doing the same:

A few screams here and there cause kaido is a drama queen, but no damage taken either.

Enma giving flashbacks to kaido with guess what? No significant damage:

First attack that actually manage to hit kaido and make him go from 100% to 99,9% health, ACoC asura, first time zoro used ACoC even tho he didnt even know what it was:

First attack that actually damaged him: luffy ACoC punch:

Luffy forces kaido to DODGE:

The only actual fight that kaido had was against LUFFY, the one who did all significant damage was LUFFY, The one who beat him to the ground was LUFFY.

Kaido's clouds were weakening because of the damage caused by LUFFY, claiming that he didnt deserve to win is as ridiculous as it gets.

If luffy died on 3rd round, kaido would kill EVERY MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE.

Now that we got this out the way, lets focus on his awakening:

Kaido has had his fruit for, at very least, 25-30 years and he KNOWS how and what awakening is:

During kaido drunken transformation, luffy talked about kaido haki and strength improving, similar to how luffy haki and strength improved on gear 5.

Kaido difference from hybrid to drunken hybrid:

So you want me to believe that a man who had this fruit for minimamente 2 decades and a half, knows what it means to awaken his fruit, has been on countless battles and got a haki augment by transforming to another zoan form isn't awakened??? This is the best fruit in the series then because being able to gather all this PRIOR to awakening is insane, not to mention how he can use fire, thunder and wind as well.

Okay, lets say that drunken hybrid isnt awakening, how can you explain Blazing bagua?

Kaido's last attack, one where he engages head on with his whole body on not only Fire, but MAGMA and burns everything on his path(supposed to at least).

So kaido has 4 forms and control over 5 elements( fire, thunder, magma, wind and clouds) without even being awakened????

If i was teach, i would be swimmimg in the Magma pool trying to get his fruit because thats the best zoan in the series lol.
Post automatically merged:
The Homicidal Drunk Phase is not a Zoan form, it's what happens when Kaido taps in his inner Oni Race just like SeaKings get Red Eyes when they go into primal Rage Or Arlong's Pupils get thin and vertical like some cat..

And there's no such thing as Flaming Zoan form, Kaido is still in his base Zoan form inside the Magma Dragon..

Now Kaido didn't use Awakening in that fight, the reason is because he's an Oni race, he can't use Awakening or
he goes completely Berserk and lose conciousness like Pekoms when he goes Sulong..

But Kaido definitely has Awakening, he never use it though.. His Demon race makes him unable to use that power
efficiently.. Else he would be as strong as Prime Whitebeard..

The Homicidal Drunk Phase is not a Zoan form, it's what happens when Kaido taps in his inner Oni Race just like SeaKings get Red Eyes when they go into primal Rage Or Arlong's Pupils get thin and vertical like some cat..

And there's no such thing as Flaming Zoan form, Kaido is still in his base Zoan form inside the Magma Dragon..

Now Kaido didn't use Awakening in that fight, the reason is because he's an Oni race, he can't use Awakening or
he goes completely Berserk and lose conciousness like Pekoms when he goes Sulong..

But Kaido definitely has Awakening, he never use it though.. His Demon race makes him unable to use that power
:pepelit:

If he just drew flame clouds on his back during these scenes, this conversation wouldnt be happening lol:

The thing that worries me is Oda bringing back Kaido and BM in the future in this is the reason it was not highlighted. To give them some unexplicable powerup to take part in the war for One Piece as a "Rocks" faction. It aligns with Oda's MO on this stuff, because it happens all the time.

If we arent getting a Yamato coverstory, I entirely expect a BM and Kaido one about recruiting former Rocks pirates.

Last edited:
C

CensoredbyWG

If he shows awakening later in the story, it will raise questions about why he didnt use it against luffy.

Tbh it doesn't matter anymore.

Kaido is dead.

What we saw in him whether awakened or not was the limit given to him by the author.

Awaken or not, nothing will change.
Idk, I really dont think they are dead.

Im starting to get this overwhelming feeling that the war for One Piece will involve every notable faction in the series, former villain or not, starting with Buggy and Crocodile:

- Buggy, Croc, Moria, and Doflamingo (assumedly; Mihawk isnt a former villain): CG
- Enel: Will be back eventually
- Lucci: Back now, CP0
- Caesar: NEO MADS
- Katakuri: Pudding is missing and Smoothies group was never defeated
- Kaido and BM: No explicit definitions used to their deaths, and the Rocks/Clone plot is gaining relevance even after this arc

You then have the Marines, Underworld, Silver Medalists, this Burned Man, etc that I think is going to really align with the words Oda has been saying about creating the biggest war in the series.

Hell, with Shiki being canon, I almost half expect Zephyr, Tesoro, Bullet and Uta to be eventually too lol, since their affiliations and backstories all involve canon characters (Im joking but like....would it be that shocking?)

C

CensoredbyWG

I guess gomu gomu's base ability is stretching and his awakening is getting back to his normal shape.
Totally different concepts.

Kids base ability is turning himself into a magnet while hia awakening is turning someone else into one.

Law base ability is creating room around his body while his awakening allows to create a room without the need of his body as the epicenter.

Bigger mom stuff she used in her onigashima fight was literally taking souls from fodders to enhance her body.

C

CensoredbyWG

Idk, I really dont think they are dead.

Im starting to get this overwhelming feeling that the war for One Piece will involve every notable faction in the series, former villain or not, starting with Buggy and Crocodile:

- Buggy, Croc, Moria, and Doflamingo (assumedly; Mihawk isnt a former villain): CG
- Enel: Will be back eventually
- Lucci: Back now, CP0
- Caesar: NEO MADS
- Katakuri: Pudding is missing and Smoothies group was never defeated
- Kaido and BM: No explicit definitions used to their deaths, and the Rocks/Clone plot is gaining relevance even after this arc

You then have the Marines, Underworld, Silver Medalists, this Burned Man, etc that I think is going to really align with the words Oda has been saying about creating the biggest war in the series.

Hell, with Shiki being canon, I almost half expect Zephyr, Tesoro, Bullet and Uta to be eventually too lol, since their affiliations and backstories all involve canon characters (Im joking but like....would it be that shocking?)
Uta sillhouette appears at the end of wano in the manga, oda drew her in the top left part of the page and it went above everyone head lol.

I also expect the movie villains to show up, kaido and big mom are DEFINITELY not dead, no one dies in one piece unless explicitly shown and confirmed.