General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I haven't had great history with manhwa, it's always art >> everything for them.

But I'll google it to see if it can pique my interest.
Have you read the Breaker? Is Gosu as good as the breaker?
I havent read the breaker. I have read some manhwa like god of high school, tower of god, noblesse. I have also read mangas like seven deadly sins, hxh, berserk. But i can tell you the points that imo are at least im trying to be objective about:

- Gosu is better than One Piece in each chapter's consistency and commitment to move the whole saga plot forward. One Piece is much bigger in lore and world-building.

- Gosu's choreography and fast-paced atmosphere in combat is superior to One Piece, but One Piece's creativity in combat is superior to Gosu. Explosiveness is similar between the two.

- One Piece characters rely on extravagant raw emotion, quotes and bravado. Gosu's characters have deep layers and background stories to them, their interaction much deeper than OP's shonen-themed badassery.

- Gosu's plot presented in much more complex sometimes non-linear and multi-POV storytelling.

- the MC in Gosu is imo many times more complex and compelling than Luffy, character-wise and powerlevel-wise. Luffy has exhausted the idea of simple and reckless and brutish MC imo, imo Gosu excels in the fascinating character of MC. One of the best shonen MC's ever imo.

Last edited:
Don't worry fam. You still have time to join the Sanji Revolution Movement LOL:cheers:Kingdom and Rurouni Kenshin is very good LOL:kata:
wait, rurouni kenshin is samurai X??
Post automatically merged:

Tbh, I'm kinda curious with Kingdom, and I'll probably start reading it.. since quite a lotta people are saying how good it is.. Kinda getting tired with One Piece now..
you've gotta try it man! i started it 2 days ago, and it has been amazing so far

Not in this genre or target audience with the exception of Hunter x Hunter being very close competition.
But for more mature audiences there's a few and it's not even subjective. There are Manga with literally perfect storytelling, much better art etc. all rolled into one.

Kingdom is near perfect - it is almost a masterpiece with the exception of one asspull the writer pulled during the siege of Sai.

Then there's two definitive masterpieces:
Vagabond
Berserk

Other than hiatus, there are no flaws in these manga at all. Yet we can definitely point out a few in One Piece e.g. inconsistent art, plot armour, things happen "because plot" rather than plot happens "because things" etc.

I also consider One Punch Man to be perfect for its genre. There is also Monster with arguably the best character writing in the entire medium and lastly there is the Bastard webtoon which is a masterpiece for the thriller genre (yes, better than Death Note) .

I also hold Vinland Saga in slightly higher regard than One Piece now - Gosu is a beautiful manhwa too so, worth mentioning.

Imo:

1. Vagabond
2. Berserk
3. Kingdom
4. One Punch Man
5. Vinland Saga
6. One Piece
7. Hunter x Hunter
8. Gosu (The Master)
9. Tower of God
10. Monster

Last edited:
Not in this genre or target audience with the exception of Hunter x Hunter being very close competition.
But for more mature audiences there's a few and it's not even subjective. There are Manga with literally perfect storytelling, much better art etc. all rolled into one.

Kingdom is near perfect - it is almost a masterpiece with the exception of one asspull the writer pulled during the siege of Sai.

Then there's two definitive masterpieces:
Vagabond
Berserk

Other than hiatus, there are no flaws in these manga at all. Yet we can definitely point out a few in One Piece e.g. inconsistent art, plot armour, things happen "because plot" rather than plot happens "because things" etc.

I also consider One Punch Man to be perfect for its genre. There is also Monster with arguably the best character writing in the entire medium and lastly there is the Bastard webtoon which is a masterpiece for the thriller genre (yes, better than Death Note) .

I also hold Vinland Saga in slightly higher regard than One Piece now - Gosu is a beautiful manhwa too so, worth mentioning.

Imo:

1. Vagabond
2. Berserk
3. Kingdom
4. One Punch Man
5. Vinland Saga
6. One Piece
7. Hunter x Hunter
8. Gosu (The Master)
9. Tower of God
10. Monster
Aah yes, i agree. I forgot to mention Bastard (Manhwa) and Monster also. Johann Liebert is really amazing, and the thrills of the father against son in Bastard really make us at the edge of our seats.

Imo Berserk is just a masterpiece until Griffith's rebirth into this world, though. The Ganishka arc imo already showed decline.

Ifthe majority of people here like Kingdom, i predict that you will like Ravages of Time, a manga about Legend of Three Kingdoms (Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Quan). A manga in which the layers of war strategy and predicting each other's imo is really intricate, even more so that Kingdom.

Last edited:
I always hear about JoJo and how good it is but where do I even start lmao. I tried watching the one where that dude's dad died then he got adopted and turned into some kinda vampire looking ass (think it was the first one?) but I didn't like it, are any of them better or are they all about the same in terms of quality?
That is the first part and the weakest(Though I personally don't like part 4 either. ) .The first part ,however ,is only 8 episodes so it is fine . Just watch it and then witness the glory of Joseph Joestar in part 2 (Best MC for me no doubt..)

Ranking the parts in order for me;
2->5->3 and then equally in last place 4 and 1. 4 simply doesn't cut it for me.

That is the first part and the weakest(Though I personally don't like part 4 either. ) .The first part ,however ,is only 8 episodes so it is fine . Just watch it and then witness the glory of Joseph Joestar in part 2 (Best MC for me no doubt..)

Nice one thanks bro 👊🏾

Aah yes, i agree. I forgot to mention Bastard (Manhwa) and Monster also. Johann Liebert is really amazing, and the thrills of the father against son in Bastard really make us at the edge of our seats.

Imo Berserk is just a masterpiece until Griffith's rebirth into this world, though. The Ganishka arc imo already showed decline.

Ifthe majority of people here like Kingdom, i predict that you will like Ravages of Time, a manga about Legend of Three Kingdoms (Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Quan). A manga in which the layers of war strategy and predicting each other's imo is really intricate, even more so that Kingdom.
The best bit about Bastard is it is genuinely unpredictable. Most manga/manhwa have an element of predictability. Yet in bastard every twist and turn is completely and genuinely unexpected - it's unique in this sense.

Johann is the best villain in Manga history aside from Griffith IMO

That's why Berserk is No. 2 for me, because it does lull in quality in some arcs. Vagabond however? I can't fault it. Every panel matters.

Kingdom isn't purely focusing on tactics and strategem though, but when it does, it does it very well. Ou Sen's locust refugee swarm? Dude, that shit is incredible! It's more of a manga about military flexibility. It relieves itself of the emphasis being solely on strategem due to Shins storyline and the existence of the instinctual type commander. I'll definitely give it a read though, thanks!

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Read Gosu manhwa please, it's on webtoon.

I gave it a try yesterday and I read the first 4 chapters I can't say I am convince for now

The young boy a little bit stupid who stomps everyone is not really my cup of tea

Should I continue ?

And what about tower of god ? I didn't read it and I see a lot of people praising this one

I gave it a try yesterday and I read the first 4 chapters I can't say I am convince for now

The young boy a little bit stupid who stomps everyone is not really my cup of tea

Should I continue ?

And what about tower of god ? I didn't read it and I see a lot of people praising this one
Tower of God is great. It's a slowburner but it really picks up the pace quite well

The anime is great so far but it does skip a lot of (albeit unimportant) content from the Manhwa - it's up to around chapter 50 now
Post automatically merged:

Have you read the Manga?

Part 7 > Part 2 > Part 5 > Part 8 > Part 3 > Part 6 > Part 4 > Part 1 imo

Part 7 is genuinely amazing - i strongly recommend

Last edited:

Should I continue ?

As i said, the MC is complex, he's not stupid as it's more of a pretense. Imo you should continue to read at least until finishing the arc of swordsman and his "old man", and "Steel Lion" arc, to get a picture of the plot focal points. About the MC, he has quite a history, and he's going to meet powerlevel-wise challenges as the story goes on. But then again, imo the battles in this manhwa just act as a medium to progress the story and character layers.

So even if the MC is powerful, imo it doesn't make the story boring since there is a history causing that powerlevel and also character-interaction-related consequences due to that power. Imo its the rare case of the opposite, where the powerful MC becomes a factor that makes the story more solid.

---

About tower of god, imo the earlier chapters were good. It's a slow burner i agree, but after 80-100 chapters or so, the story arcs become repetitive, redundant and dragging without any real consequence to the characters imo.

The end of Tower of God's 2nd season, Tower of God's current arc and UnOrdinary at its peak were some of the best things I've ever read.

UnOrdinary reached a peak and has been on a decline since this season started but Tower of God only goes from strength to strength imo. The author SIU has built the world similarly to One Piece in that we're so far in and yet still have so many questions, theories and so many characters yet to be revealed that can fuck shit up.

In One Piece there are like 10 top tiers but in ToG there are like 10 god tiers and 100+ top tiers, and the battle writing and art are phenomenal. Very HxH-esque in terms of the power structure. The abundance of top tiers means it's piss-easy for SIU to add hype by dropping another top tier into the mix and rarely does he ever write himself into a corner. He's established an entirely separate world outside of the tower too so theoretically he can keep writing as long as he wants, similar to the Dark Continent in HxH.

And the MC is basically a black hole for power so he can be as BS as he wants with him and you can't really argue with it - lowkey Saitama vibes. Dude's got it made lmao. The art in the 1st season was shit but the story was okay, the 2nd season dragged on for a while but towards the end became absolutely phenomenal, and the 3rd season continues along the same vein and the art is stunning - you literally see it improving over time. Definitely my favourite thing I'm reading atm though including One Piece, I can't sing its praises enough.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I always hear about JoJo and how good it is but where do I even start lmao. I tried watching the one where that dude's dad died then he got adopted and turned into some kinda vampire looking ass (think it was the first one?) but I didn't like it, are any of them better or are they all about the same in terms of quality?
Part 1 is easily the worst part, you'll hardly find any disagreements there from anyone. I would say give Part 2 a try and if you don't like it that's where you can drop, but Part 3 is where Jojo really starts coming together, Part 2 is solid but it's nothing like the rest of the series where stands dictate everything, almost feels like filler looking back. A lot of people love it though.

Overall the writing isn't going to blow your mind or anything like that but there are moments of genius storytelling in pockets. Characters are the driving force of the show.

That's a wild opinion

Part 4 stands on its own for me. Part 5's adaptation was arguably better though, but as far as content goes, nothing has touched part 4, Part 5 had a chance but the ending was straight wack, the buildup was bigger and better than the payoff, and that's never a good thing. Waiting for part 7 to be adapted.

That's a wild opinion

Part 4 stands on its own for me. Part 5's adaptation was arguably better though, but as far as content goes, nothing has touched part 4, Part 5 had a chance but the ending was straight wack, the buildup was bigger and better than the payoff, and that's never a good thing. Waiting for part 7 to be adapted.
Pretty easily explained reasons and not at all deep.

Part 4 is too much cut off from the rest for me(well 5 is as well and so must be the rest but I don't feel that way about five. Maybe Giono being who he is plays a role) . I also don't like the design change that happened from 4 onwards ,but in 5 they seem better. The main cast is also lackluster personally(least liked MC btw) and the Last boss as well.
I couldn't really get immersed in this part.
Has been years since I saw it,but I don't remember myself feeling any sense of danger,unlike the rest parts.
Lastly the scale also is too small compared to the other JoJo's. I don't like how it is focused on a secluded small town and just trying to find a serial killer with a weird fetish.

These, off the top of my head.

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Pretty easily explained reasons and not at all deep.

Part 4 is too much cut off from the rest for me(well 5 is as well and so must be the rest but I don't feel that way about five. Maybe Giono being who he is plays a role) . I also don't like the design change that happened from 4 onwards ,but in 5 they seem better. The main cast is also lackluster personally(least liked MC btw) and the Last boss as well.
I couldn't really get immersed in this part.
Has been years since I saw it,but I don't remember myself feeling any sense of danger,unlike the rest parts.
Lastly the scale also is too small compared to the other JoJo's. I don't like how it is focused on a secluded small town and just trying to find a serial killer with a weird fetish.

These, off the top of my head.
Yea makes sense. It's the most unique part for that reason, but those reasons are exactly what makes it stand out for me, the scale being much smaller forced the writing to really carry the part, since suspense couldn't lean on the typical takeover the world endgame, and there was especially much more focus on the villain Kira for that reason.

I get why people praise Kingdom, I even understand why they place it above Berserk, the author seems more reasonable, artwork is kinda similar, setting is also similar to golden age berserk, if one is a fan of military fiction + politics, then I guess they'd like Kingdom better.

But Berserk is a tier above it, at least. Berserk's genuine visceral horror combined with its esoteric elements makes for a more interesting read.

Berserk is like a gateway into a man's deepest passions & its connection to the demonic, while Kingdom is very good at telling a heroic tale that's complemented by ancient/medieval warfare.