Rules Naruto Gaiden – The Whirlwind inside the Vortex

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
No, Tobirama fans want a oneshot of him creating at least 3 of the most important jutsu in the Naruto verse

1. The jutsu that kickstarted the Great Ninja War

2. The jutsu that carries the main character (wouldn't have learned rasengan without it)

3. The signature jutsu of the 4th Hokage

It could go over his tenure as the Hokage which should've taken place during the 1st/2nd Great Ninja War, his childhood with Hashirama and the horrors of the Warring Clan Period, his duels with MS Izuna that eventually resulted in his death, etc

There are about a million things Kishimoto could do with a Tobirama one shot
All of that just for him to

> get stomped by Kinkaku and Ginkaku :josad:

> admit inferiority to Minato on numerous occasions :josad:

> Be inferior to both Oro and Kabuto at ET :josad:

> be inferior to Naruto at kagebunshin :josad:

> Be used as Madara's plaything :josad:

> Be of no concern to Hiruzen while my man Professor is out here sweating bullets trying to stop Minato's ET :josad:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real talk tho and banter aside, some of these sound cool, but I have a hard time seeing Kishi explaining them as well as the fact that Tobirama while relatively popular iirc he was top 15 in this most recent poll is far below the likes of characters like Sakumo and Shisui in the popularity, of whom we know very little and who did not appear that much altogether. Heck I'd personally rather get more of the Professor mastering Jutsus, probably some never before seen as well over that ngl. I'd take a Sasori or a Zabuza one shot over Tobi in a heartbeat as well lol.

I won't deny that it could be cool to have some of the exposition on how these techs came to be, as well as another pov for the Uchiha Senju conflict, I feel like Kishi is kinda past that. Idk just a Tobi one shot seems very unlikely to me.​

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Irrefutable manga facts right there. The Kisame>EMS Madara thread forever lives in our saved NB drafts.
Kisame would have totally beaten an unrestricted Killer Bee. Everything from base and V2 Bee was canonically neutralized and now we have confirmation that he solo'd a Jinchuriki capable of using full Biju transformation and TBB's. I fear Kisame was underrated even from the likes of us all those years.
All that time, we were arguing against bums like Kakuzu or Sasori when Kisame’s more than capable of fighting off BM Naruto or EMS Sasuke.

Lmfao @ the bolded, that was the finest thread we ever composed. Truest too.

All of that just for him to

> get stomped by Kinkaku and Ginkaku :josad:

> admit inferiority to Minato on numerous occasions :josad:

> Be inferior to both Oro and Kabuto at ET :josad:

> be inferior to Naruto at kagebunshin :josad:

> Be used as Madara's plaything :josad:

> Be of no concern to Hiruzen while my man Professor is out here sweating bullets trying to stop Minato's ET :josad:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real talk tho and banter aside, some of these sound cool, but I have a hard time seeing Kishi explaining them as well as the fact that Tobirama while relatively popular iirc he was top 15 in this most recent poll is far below the likes of characters like Sakumo and Shisui in the popularity, of whom we know very little and who did not appear that much altogether. Heck I'd personally rather get more of the Professor mastering Jutsus, probably some never before seen as well over that ngl. I'd take a Sasori or a Zabuza one shot over Tobi in a heartbeat as well lol.

I won't deny that it could be cool to have some of the exposition on how these techs came to be, as well as another pov for the Uchiha Senju conflict, I feel like Kishi is kinda past that. Idk just a Tobi one shot seems very unlikely to me.​
I said nothing that involves Minato or power I don’t know why y’all assume I’m a part of this conflict lol (though I am a big Tobirama fan)

Sakumo and Shisui got a lot of votes cause we’ve literally seen nothing from either of them. If anything I’m glad they got a lot of votes and surprised Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura got so many even though they have a ridiculous amount of screen time

A Hiruzen one shot is a close 2nd or 3rd but that would just be him mastering jutsus we’ve mostly seen before (though I’m sure his interactions with Danzo would be neat). I’m a bit more interested in the actual creation process of these very important jutsu.

How do you even go about making Edo Tensei, a jutsu that brings people back from the dead and makes them immortal?

How about Flying Raijin? A jutsu that allows you to teleport to a marked kunai in an instant, similar to one of the Sage Tools.

What pushed him to make a jutsu like Shadow Clones and what’s the inspiration behind that?

This is without touching on other interesting things that occurred during his lifetime

Fighting and defeating MS Izuna, living through the 1st Shinobi war, being ambushed by the Gold and Silver brothers along with the 2nd (?) Raikage (which iirc resulted in the Raikage’s death), literally setting the standard for what a ninja village should be (created the Chunin Exams, Academy, and Anbu all of which were copied by opposing villages), training Hiruzen, etc

Some of these questions could be answered in a one shot

While I adore Zabuza and like Sasori I just don’t think they have nearly as much to offer

Another oneshot seems unlikely period. We probably won’t have another poll followed by a oneshot for another few years at least and it wouldn’t matter cause Itachi would probably win the next one anyway.

The chapter was... Alright. Nothing crazy, just got what we expected (the creation of the Rasengan) so yeah. Solid 4/5.

I was rereading war arc and came across this
:handsup:
Bud had Uzumaki level chakra + Sage Mode + Full Kurama and still wasn't able to reach base Hashirama's chakra lul

The chapter was... Alright. Nothing crazy, just got what we expected (the creation of the Rasengan) so yeah. Solid 4/5.

Bud had Uzumaki level chakra + Sage Mode + Full Kurama and still wasn't able to reach base Hashirama's chakra lul
Stuff like this always makes me think

I’m sure Naruto would be strong without the 9 Tails but I don’t know if he peaks anywhere near Hashirama lol

Stuff like this always makes me think

I’m sure Naruto would be strong without the 9 Tails but I don’t know if he peaks anywhere near Hashirama lol
He wouldn't. As much as it hurts them Naruto stans, Naruto without Kurama isn't that strong overall. Pretty much every fight that he won (with a few exceptions) were thanks to Kurama (props to him for getting his help tho). He's still probably decently strong with Sage Mode but nothing near Hashirama's level or Naruto's level with Kurama too. And remember that EOS he doesn't only have Kurama but also the other 8 beasts and Hyogoromo's chakra.

He wouldn't. As much as it hurts them Naruto stans, Naruto without Kurama isn't that strong overall. Pretty much every fight that he won (with a few exceptions) were thanks to Kurama (props to him for getting his help tho). He's still probably decently strong with Sage Mode but nothing near Hashirama's level or Naruto's level with Kurama too. And remember that EOS he doesn't only have Kurama but also the other 8 beasts and Hyogoromo's chakra.
Yeah like not to shit on Naruto or anything but while he’s very talented it’s kinda hard to call him a genius if that makes sense

Like people claim he’s more talented than Minato for example cause he was able to add his chakra nature to the Rasengan and create the Rasenshuriken

I think they forget he was only able to achieve that because he had 10’s if not 100’s of clones training with him at the same time which would be impossible without Kurama’s chakra lol

His sage mode trick is also hard if not impossible to utilize without the reserves he has thanks to Kurama

Imagine trying to leave 2-3 clones at Mount Myoboku while he’s using Shadow Clones and Rasenshurikens (which require 2 clones for him to even attempt to use) against Pain with regular Uzumaki chakra. It just wouldn’t work

Naruto without Kurama peaks like mid Kage level MAYBE high if we push it

Edit: I didn’t even mention that Rasengan would be hard for him to use in battle due to his restriction as well

He needs to summon a Shadow Clone every time he uses the jutsu

Yeah like not to shit on Naruto or anything but while he’s very talented it’s kinda hard to call him a genius if that makes sense

Like people claim he’s more talented than Minato for example cause he was able to add his chakra nature to the Rasengan and create the Rasenshuriken

I think they forget he was only able to achieve that because he had 10’s if not 100’s of clones training with him at the same time which would be impossible without Kurama’s chakra lol

His sage mode trick is also hard if not impossible to utilize without the reserves he has thanks to Kurama

Imagine trying to leave 2-3 clones at Mount Myoboku while he’s using Shadow Clones and Rasenshurikens against Pain with regular Uzumaki chakra. It just wouldn’t work

Naruto without Kurama peaks like mid Kage level MAYBE high if we push it
I even forgot about those tricks that he used thanks to Kurama lol. I do still believe that he'd be able to use quite a bit of clones because Uzumaki's do have a lot of chakra. They were feared for they chakra and vitality after all and they had enough chakra to suppress Kurama. And as a matter of fact, top dogs of the Uzumaki like Karin, Kushina and Nagato had "enormous reserves of chakra".

Sasuke sucked Karin's dic- I mean, chakra out everytime that he run out of juice while Nagato had the 6 paths of pain on almost always and he was also using their Jutsus without a lot of problems. Jutsus that come from the Rinnegan who takes a significant amount of chakra to even have activated (that's why it's usually covered by Sasuke iirc), not even talking about using it's Jutsus.

Of course, not as many clones as he used thanks to Kurama mind you.

I even forgot about those tricks that he used thanks to Kurama lol. I do still believe that he'd be able to use quite a bit of clones because Uzumaki's do have a lot of chakra. They were feared for they chakra and vitality after all and they had enough chakra to suppress Kurama. And as a matter of fact, top dogs of the Uzumaki like Karin, Kushina and Nagato had "enormous reserves of chakra".

Sasuke sucked Karin's dic- I mean, chakra out everytime that he run out of juice while Nagato had the 6 paths of pain on almost always and he was also using their Jutsus without a lot of problems. Jutsus that come from the Rinnegan who takes a significant amount of chakra to even have activated (that's why it's usually covered by Sasuke iirc), not even talking about using it's Jutsus.

Of course, not as many clones as he used thanks to Kurama mind you.
The thing you have to note is while Naruto has a lot of chakra he’s only half Uzumaki while Nagato, Karin, and Kushina are all full blooded

He’d still have a lot of chakra just not as much

Iirc he has 4x more than Kakashi who likely has more chakra than the average Shinobi even while nerfed by the sharingan

Yep found it

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I said nothing that involves Minato or power I don’t know why y’all assume I’m a part of this conflict lol (though I am a big Tobirama fan)
It has to be said :endthis:

Sakumo and Shisui got a lot of votes cause we’ve literally seen nothing from either of them. If anything I’m glad they got a lot of votes and surprised Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura got so many even though they have a ridiculous amount of screen time
Yeah that was my point. If we were to base it on the popularity as well as the intrigue of a character and what could be done Tobi would be ways below some of the others.
Yeah well technically it was a popularity poll, maybe not in a traditional sense yeah, but most people prolly voted their faves irregardless of that.

A Hiruzen one shot is a close 2nd or 3rd but that would just be him mastering jutsus we’ve mostly seen before (though I’m sure his interactions with Danzo would be neat). I’m a bit more interested in the actual creation process of these very important jutsu.
I think it has potential. Not only mastering jutsu, but also showing us what made people call Hiruzen the God of the Shinobi too.

How about Flying Raijin? A jutsu that allows you to teleport to a marked kunai in an instant, similar to one of the Sage Tools.

What pushed him to make a jutsu like Shadow Clones and what’s the inspiration behind that?
This is what I meant when I said I have a hard time seeing Kishi explaining them. How did he come to the idea? How did it happen? Etc.

How do you even go about making Edo Tensei, a jutsu that brings people back from the dead and makes them immortal?
This one we will never get explained or see how it was created. Imo purely for one reason. It involves human sacrifices. Tobirama is a Hokage afterall, Kishi is not gonna draw him running experiments on people, killing them and whatnot in order to perfect a jutsu imo.

Fighting and defeating MS Izuna, living through the 1st Shinobi war, being ambushed by the Gold and Silver brothers along with the 2nd (?) Raikage (which iirc resulted in the Raikage’s death), literally setting the standard for what a ninja village should be (created the Chunin Exams, Academy, and Anbu all of which were copied by opposing villages), training Hiruzen, etc
Yeah some of these are interesting, like I said above, but also I feel like Kishi is past that Senju Uchiha conflict, it was a large large part of the manga too, so I feel he wouldn't be that interested in drawing it.

While I adore Zabuza and like Sasori I just don’t think they have nearly as much to offer
Zabuza's coup d'etat on the 4th Mizukage, or him offing all his classmates as a student in the fight, or both of those combined. Sasori's fight with the 3rd Kazekage and turning himself into a puppet.

I am a neutral party.

(Tobirama > Minato in strength and as a character)

:handsup:

Yeah that was my point. If we were to base it on the popularity as well as the intrigue of a character and what could be done Tobi would be ways below some of the others.
I don't think that's very fair

The 2 characters you listed came in even lower than Tobirama in the poll

Hell, Tobirama got more votes than Hashirama lol

To be honest though, I don't think deciding which character gets a oneshot off a poll is a good idea anyway

It's always gonna be Minato, Itachi, or a member of Team 7 (including Kakashi) as they're far and away the most popular characters in the series

Yeah well technically it was a popularity poll, maybe not in a traditional sense yeah, but most people prolly voted their faves irregardless of that.
Exactly the problem haha

Well it isn't a "problem" per se

There's nothing wrong with wanting a oneshot for your favorite character

The only problem is people will keep picking characters that have more than enough depth vs characters that have a lot of potential but only have 7 panels worth of screentime like Sakumo, Tobirama, or one of the Jinchuuriki that we know little to nothing about

Hell, a oneshot on literally anyone OUTSIDE OF THE LEAF VILLAGE would do wonders for Naruto's world building

I think it has potential. Not only mastering jutsu, but also showing us what made people call Hiruzen the God of the Shinobi too.
He lead the village through not 1 but 2 (more like 2.25 but still) Ninja wars. That's why he's easily in my top 3-4 characters for a oneshot

This is what I meant when I said I have a hard time seeing Kishi explaining them. How did he come to the idea? How did it happen? Etc.
True but it would be nice to see... obviously he would have a hard time coming up with it but still

This one we will never get explained or see how it was created. Imo purely for one reason. It involves human sacrifices. Tobirama is a Hokage afterall, Kishi is not gonna draw him running experiments on people, killing them and whatnot in order to perfect a jutsu imo.
I'd agree but I don't think Kishi has a problem with painting Tobirama as a morally grey character

If anything he loves doing it

We find out during his conversation with Sasuke that he ran experiments on Uchiha's and that's why he knows so much about the clan

He literally knows more about the clan than people in the clan do lol

Yeah some of these are interesting, like I said above, but also I feel like Kishi is past that Senju Uchiha conflict, it was a large large part of the manga too, so I feel he wouldn't be that interested in drawing it.
Fair enough, I do think it would be interesting to dig a bit deeper though

Zabuza's coup d'etat on the 4th Mizukage, or him offing all his classmates as a student in the fight, or both of those combined. Sasori's fight with the 3rd Kazekage and turning himself into a puppet.
Both very interesting I'll admit

I think I prefer Sasori's out of these 2 (even though I like Zabuza a lot more as a character)

An expanded backstory for Sasori, seeing him become "the Red Mist", learning more about Puppetry, assassinating "the strongest Kazekage", and turning himself into a puppet would definitely make for an interesting oneshot

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I am a neutral party.
:kawak:

(Tobirama > Minato in strength and as a character)

I don't think that's very fair

The 2 characters you listed came in even lower than Tobirama in the poll
Sakumo and Shisui?

Nah they were both ahead of Tobi

If you're talking about Sasori and Zabuza, I wasn't arguing they would get those lol, just that I'd like those.

To be honest though, I don't think deciding which character gets a oneshot off a poll is a good idea anyway

It's always gonna be Minato, Itachi, or a member of Team 7 (including Kakashi) as they're far and away the most popular characters in the series
Exactly the problem haha

Well it isn't a "problem" per se

There's nothing wrong with wanting a oneshot for your favorite character

The only problem is people will keep picking characters that have more than enough depth vs characters that have a lot of potential but only have 7 panels worth of screentime like Sakumo, Tobirama, or one of the Jinchuuriki that we know little to nothing about
Yeah I agree. I don't think it's bad wanting for your fave to win. But deciding whether to write a story purely on that poll yeah not the best. Because even when people rallied to get Sakumo or Shisui they were still far behing. Minato had like 800k votes and Itachi 600k lol.

True but it would be nice to see... obviously he would have a hard time coming up with it but still
Yeah I agree, like I said, but I have a hard time seeing it lol.

I'd agree but I don't think Kishi has a problem with painting Tobirama as a morally grey character

If anything he loves doing it

We find out during his conversation with Sasuke that he ran experiments on Uchiha's and that's why he knows so much about the clan

He literally knows more about the clan than people in the clan do lol
That is true but there's a difference between saying and showing imo. The actual visual and the scenery it would need is not something I imagine Kishi would be going for. Nor how Tobi even got to that idea and how he started sacrificing people. The impact from actually seeing such stuff>>>>>just hearing about it.

Both very interesting I'll admit

I think I prefer Sasori's out of these 2 (even though I like Zabuza a lot more as a character)

An expanded backstory for Sasori, seeing him become "the Red Mist", learning more about Puppetry, assassinating "the strongest Kazekage", and turning himself into a puppet would definitely make for an interesting oneshot
For me it's probably the opposite lol. I like Sasori a bit more than Zabuza, both are actually among my top 5 fave chars lol, but the coup and the Bloody Mist could be very entertaining. Not to mention he could pack in some of the 7 swordsmen lore there too.

I loved Kushina’s relationship with Minato. Liked how Kishi gave Mito more character, aside from one appearance in the Kushina flashback she’s just known as the Uzumaki Hashirama married. Jiraiya’s genin team being reintroduced again is a great callback to 1 panel in the original manga, and it looks like one of Minato’s teammates was an Uchiha.

Overall I just miss Naruto man :josad:
You've got baruto :risitavirus: