Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote Ekko, thanks.
@Ekkologix Can you think of a single example where Psychic has read me as Town and then tried to work with me, even a little bit?
I know I have in a lot of games. But the process is slow, meaning I have to actually townread you first which is sometimes impossible to do, since you don’t show your claws until day 3 usually.
I think she has once or twice, but you know what I'm going to make her evidence it.

@Psylocke When have you ever read me as town in any game?
I know but I do that too as town.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
No I am exactly considering his personality as a non-omgussy. Not speaking in general terms.
Well you're simply wrong then - he himself admits he can be very defensive when he's suspected as you would have seen so unless you're specifically arguing the semantics of OMGUS you're not really adding anything to the discussion. I mean even then you're not really adding anything

You ever see Ekko swing on Psychic straight away?

He's probably wrong too. Two strikes...think he rolled scum...
He did when I was scum in that one game. But I’m town here and Ekko has always been good at reading me so this is sus. Also he failed to read Flower town and she seemed town to me so that’s weird too.

Ratchet

I know I have in a lot of games. But the process is slow, meaning I have to actually townread you first which is sometimes impossible to do, since you don’t show your claws until day 3 usually.
No, actually go and evidence it. Should be easy enough, I just need a vague description. We've never worked together because you always just ignore anything I have to say in favour of some fringe BS that invariably ends up being wrong. I'd have more sympathy for this if it wasn't for the fact that I had just recently blown up at you over this precisely so what are you even arguing here?

As for your final line, can you explain what you mean by that please? I can take it one of two ways, one way can be understandable, the other less so.

I think it is. I am defensive and combative for sure.

But I don’t think I omgus vote hardly ever
@Ratchet What are you talking about? By his very own admission.

This is a player who had you, by his own process, as PoE scum and got dominated out of his position into questioning his own solve. He isn't a confident or aggressive player - your assumptions of how he should be acting seem off.

No, actually go and evidence it. Should be easy enough, I just need a vague description. We've never worked together because you always just ignore anything I have to say in favour of some fringe BS that invariably ends up being wrong. I'd have more sympathy for this if it wasn't for the fact that I had just recently blown up at you over this precisely so what are you even arguing here?

As for your final line, can you explain what you mean by that please? I can take it one of two ways, one way can be understandable, the other less so.
Also, where do you intend to go with this? Why is this line of questioning relevant for her alignment? She isn't doing a specific thing you have identified - are you contextualizing this at all with her other behavior so far?

Look

Look Ratchet, you’re one of the players whose reads I actually do very much respect. But I’m not gonna blindly follow you when you’ve roll scum/indie 50% of the time.
You’re actually one of the easier players to read in the fact that you actually get super excited when you’re nearing your wincon and start scum slipping everywhere.
Also, you’re crucifying me in that one game where I was tired of not being followed and like did bad in, which is unfair. I did badly in one game, no need to keep bringing it up.

Ratchet

@Ratchet What are you talking about? By his very own admission.

This is a player who had you, by his own process, as PoE scum and got dominated out of his position into questioning his own solve. He isn't a confident or aggressive player - your assumptions of how he should be acting seem off.
No, this is nonsense. He is plenty aggressive when he wants to be actually, and if you read the post you're responding to, and I mean properly read it, you'd see that the spirit of the point was the defensive/cobatative nature he opts when he is suspected. He might not literally counter vote but I think you know full well that that wasn't thebexplcit behaviour I was looking for.

Let me pull rank here - I'm probably the best player at reading Prof in this game. And "probably" is just a polite way of saying "I am". I know how he ticks - I have a record of reading him that is almost nonpareil so I know exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to how he reacts, especially in how he reacts around me. I think, at least one some level, you're aware of my accuracy in regards to reading him, too.

And you know, absolutely none of this explains why you has to jump in and get involved in this instead of letting it play out. If you thought it was a waste of time, or even a scummy angle, why didn't you just let it run its course? Like if you think the process doesn't make sense, that's fine, you should be waiting for the conclusion because that's actually going to be informative. Instead you've just nitpicked it apart and have exactly what to the discussion?
Also, where do you intend to go with this? Why is this line of questioning relevant for her alignment? She isn't doing a specific thing you have identified - are you contextualizing this at all with her other behavior so far?
I've already said I lean town - that doesn't mean I'm not going to have her qualify the things she's saying. No it's not going to establish whether she's town or scum unless she botches the defence of her statements somehow, but I don't really feel like getting called out for one "unproductive" angle when the majority of this thread is full of shit.
Look

Look Ratchet, you’re one of the players whose reads I actually do very much respect. But I’m not gonna blindly follow you when you’ve roll scum/indie 50% of the time.
You’re actually one of the easier players to read in the fact that you actually get super excited when you’re nearing your wincon and start scum slipping everywhere.
Also, you’re crucifying me in that one game where I was tired of not being followed and like did bad in, which is unfair. I did badly in one game, no need to keep bringing it up.
Yeah this is the problem - there is a difference between "work with" and "blindly follow". If I'm so easily read then I expect you to have no trouble facilitating co-operation this game then - we will see!

No, this is nonsense. He is plenty aggressive when he wants to be actually, and if you read the post you're responding to, and I mean properly read it, you'd see that the spirit of the point was the defensive/cobatative nature he opts when he is suspected. He might not literally counter vote but I think you know full well that that wasn't thebexplcit behaviour I was looking for.

Let me pull rank here - I'm probably the best player at reading Prof in this game. And "probably" is just a polite way of saying "I am". I know how he ticks - I have a record of reading him that is almost nonpareil so I know exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to how he reacts, especially in how he reacts around me. I think, at least one some level, you're aware of my accuracy in regards to reading him, too.

And you know, absolutely none of this explains why you has to jump in and get involved in this instead of letting it play out. If you thought it was a waste of time, or even a scummy angle, why didn't you just let it run its course? Like if you think the process doesn't make sense, that's fine, you should be waiting for the conclusion because that's actually going to be informative. Instead you've just nitpicked it apart and have exactly what to the discussion?
I've already said I lean town - that doesn't mean I'm not going to have her qualify the things she's saying. No it's not going to establish whether she's town or scum unless she botches the defence of her statements somehow, but I don't really feel like getting called out for one "unproductive" angle when the majority of this thread is full of shit.
Yeah this is the problem - there is a difference between "work with" and "blindly follow". If I'm so easily read then I expect you to have no trouble facilitating co-operation this game then - we will see!
You have more or less reached a conclusion in regards to Prof as far as I can see it, I don't believe me interrupting your line of questioning "running due course" has caused you to lose out on anything, so I'm not sure why you think I shouldn't express my opinion on the matter. I feel like your confidence in your read of Prof speaks to this, what you're putting on me would be more or less a formality, I prefer to cut to the chase here and state my reservations plainly. I thinks he turns into Jello around you in particular, and this has been missing in your assessment. Otherwise I don't really think he's been too productive, but some aspects of your presentation have seemed like an overreach.

As far as Psychic goes, if you town read her I missed it, I just saw you in agreement with Ekko earlier who was suspecting her along the same lines, and presumed your questioning was because you were seeing something there

I was gonna say Ratchet is using AtE here but now idk. Well if I don’t scum read him by day 3 then he’s probably town.
I have been post restricted
Speak in rhyme, I've been afflicted

Last post of the day, this might be
Final thing I say, pray for me

;_;
Thoughts on Ekko?

Status
Not open for further replies.