Character Discussion Overall Did Kaido meet expectations ?

Were expectations met?

• Total voters
Oda would do Oden dance naked in the street, have every characters runs for 10 chapters straight, Momo crying for god knows how many chapters yet he can't afford to make a few chapters for Kaido's backstory lol.

Wano is trash.
Right. Just a bunch of garbage gag material. I don't know how anyone enjoys that shit. Then you also had Otama, Kanjuro coming back 10 times, and a fight like Raizo vs the top ninja guy lasting until Wano's endgame. Oda purposely made Wano bad.

Its crazy to me that Kaido "wanting to die" was never touched on. Literally no character development except for "Me want One Piece. Me want alcohol. Me angry. Oh shit Luffy is strong, me losing now" Doesn't get any more generic than that.

He's definitely strong AF. Those expectations were met.

From a character standpoint I'd give him a D+. ALOT of fake character hype. A whole Yonko and we know almost nothing about him.

BM had multiple chapters dedicated to her backstory, Kaido gets nothing. But we got plenty of Oden-wanking!
I would consider guys like Caesar, and Hody D/F in terms of character Kaido is like a B

No.

In my mind, someone who holds the title of Strongest Creature:

---

(A) Should have clear habits and behavior of earning the state of being the strongest instead of having unbeatable strength since birth. Being drunk all the time is not a habit of someone earning true strength. Oda should display extreme and unusual trace of Kaidou's training, such as holes in the sea surface that are never subsiding, or a vibrant sand dunes where the each grain of sand is actually a diamond or seastone being shattered by Kaidou's sumo stomp training or something.

---

(B) Should have a clear history, purpose and lore and showed what he accomplished, which also served as (C) a clear proof of strength by feat and portrayal. By portrayal, Oda could've shown mummified corpses in Kaidou's palace auditorium such as Douglas Bullet and maybe a Fleet Admiral from the past era, those may lead to flashbacks giving proper appreciation to his title.

Along with that, Oda could've made some mystical beasts such as Lily Carnation, Krakens, Manticore, Wyverns, Dragons, Seakings as his subordinates roaming in his basement (consisted of barrack / zoo), which served as his goal accomplishment.

For example there is a flashback about Kaidou dream was to defeat and subdue mythical creatures to become his soldiers, in order to forcefully taking The Celestial Dragons and their generations as slaves of those mystical beasts, some kind of uno reverse card for human auction at Sabaody, added by a sick amusement for Kaidou's bestial taste.

Other example, there were actually four Ancient Weapons instead of three. Suddenly Oda displayed a titanic gravestone in Fishman Island, even bigger than all the Fishman Island Sea Kings combined or something, and Neptune said

"This is the grave of Jupiton, The Fourth Ancient Weapon. It is The Titan of Chaos that is able to eat and create elements. Supreme Commander Kong had allied with Whitebeard in order to get an extremely rare natural resources in The Titan's territory, but both of them were forced to admit defeat after The Titan even ate Whitebeard's earthquakes and release Gamma Ray Burst from its mouth."

"If it's immortal, why is it dead and buried here?"

"Because that maniac Kaidou, defeated this Titan by himself after a nonstop month-long battle, and actually torturing a living immortal Ancient Weapon, until it asked for death. Kaidou eats it instead, and get the world-ending ability of creating elements. But that was also how...Kaidou began to be constantly depressed, as if longing for something that will never exist..."

Feat-wise? The WSC Should NEVER care because of some rocks being thrown at him, some junk robot suplexing him, some minor basic CoC sword slashing him. WSC should never be a crybaby when those attacks were unable to make him serious in the first place. So Oda should make it clear by Kaidou being unfazed about all those. Just make him never being affected or damaged in the first place, let alone acknowledging any any big or lethal attacks, before Luffy became a Skysplitter and finally damaged when G5 kicked in.

---

Yea thats it for this episode of my hopium and fanfic folks

Last edited:
Right. Just a bunch of garbage gag material. I don't know how anyone enjoys that shit. Then you also had Otama, Kanjuro coming back 10 times, and a fight like Raizo vs the top ninja guy lasting until Wano's endgame. Oda purposely made Wano bad.

Its crazy to me that Kaido "wanting to die" was never touched on. Literally no character development except for "Me want One Piece. Me want alcohol. Me angry. Oh shit Luffy is strong, me losing now" Doesn't get any more generic than that.
I hate how Oda just left the whole suicide thing unexplored. That introduction built so much hype for him, then it all fizzled out for nothing. We got the generic "hurr durr death is the completion of life" as explanation while the whole "Kaido can't be killed" theme got tossed aside. I maintain that given more panels Kaido would make a villain so much more impressive than what we got.

I would consider guys like Caesar, and Hody D/F in terms of character Kaido is like a B
Hody is from a philosophical point of view a great character.
The idea that hatred and ideology can bypass generations and remained ingrained, like what will happen now with the russians and ukrainian although many are still children and some unborn will carry this hate, like europe did towars germany for half a century.
Theres some great books about it, alexander the great burned down persepolis only because xerxes the 1st burned down athens 200 years before.

It was a great concept expanded by oda, for me hody was an A.