Powers & Abilities Gear 5 IS a better power-up than Super Saiyan (not a joke/bait thread)

How is it different from Naruto mastering the control of Nine Tails Chakra.

See, One Piece is not really different from other shounens.
The gripe people seem to have with Naruto, is that he talked his way into that power.

It was perfectly set up for him to overcome and make the power his own through his own strength, but that didn't happen.

But I honestly don't have a problem with it, because that's how Naruto was. People joke about talk no jutsu, but that was an intriguing part of his character.

For me, either way would have been fine. Most people don't like the way Kishimoto went though, cause they were hoping for the other alternative.

The gripe people seem to have with Naruto, is that he talked his way into that power.

It was perfectly set up for him to overcome and make the power his own through his own strength, but that didn't happen.

But I honestly don't have a problem with it, because that's how Naruto was. People joke about talk no jutsu, but that was an intriguing part of his character.

For me, either way would have been fine. Most people don't like the way Kishimoto went though, cause they were hoping for the other alternative.
Naruto's power ups are actually quite creative

Different approach but the same end result.

There is no connection to silhouette from skypeia. Stop listening to youtuber they don't know how to analyse a story on a few exceptions. Those are not foreshadowing, they are not even Shadowing not plantings.

The fruit of Luffy has always been out of the ordinary, you just assimilated information easily.
:milaugh: Dude you got the wrong guy

Skypeia was mentioned by @CoC: Color of Clowns

I don’t even use YouTube like that and when I don’t even watch ani tubers or any other content creators that focus on entertainment like that. Last OP YouTuber I watched at any notable length was Drizzt and that was years ago so I wouldn’t know what the heck they are talking about let alone listen to them lol.

It was nothing out of the ordinary in comparison to what it has been retconned into. As the MC, even a basic paramecia was bound to be stretched out to the max to have him evolve in power and the gears were perfectly in line with what he could do as a “rubber man”. It is funny how the OP dismisses this by saying it was wacky when literally the whole concept of a rubber man is wacky to begin with.

The awakening of a fruit means that the barrer is strong enough mentally and physically to sync their own mind and body with the potential of the fruit. Meaning that Luffy perfectly deserve this transformation.

And you should be careful calling this fruit OP. Once again don't listen to youtuber. If you were reading correctly the end of wano, you would be understanding that not only this ability has MAJOR limitation, but Luffy can also be countered easily with haki.
How about you listen to Oda for a second?

You made me look up the Gorosei’s monologue about Nika, that still has me cracking up to this day “it is as if the fruit is eluding us” “we couldn’t capture it for 800 years” lol, that chapter was probably one of the worst chapters in a while.

Different approach but the same end result.
if only end result matters then it is not worth reading any manga right?...end result of one piece is "Luffy becoming PK" and end result of Naruto was "becoming a hokage"...what is the point of reading or starting a manga when both tend to happen...now, you like or not like how the journey goes and based on that, manga will be succesful or a failure..

This transformation is not different in term of power and deservability, after all this is a shonen. No. This transformation is a masterclass because of everything else.

- Symbolism
- Creativity
- Redistribution of the card
- World building
- Characterization

Note that I didn't even mention foreshadowings here.
You lost me at world building when the strongest creature in OP was not even awakened let alone his underlings.
King was clueless, Queen was dumb, and Jack...? Where was he?

World building and characterization mean nothing if you fumble the bag at the end.

You lost me at world building when the strongest creature in OP was not even awakened let alone his underlings.
King was clueless, Queen was dumb, and Jack...? Where was he?

World building and characterization mean nothing if you fumble the bag at the end.
Well stay in ignorance then..

if only end result matters then it is not worth reading any manga right?...end result of one piece is "Luffy becoming PK" and end result of Naruto was "becoming a hokage"...what is the point of reading or starting a manga when both tend to happen...now, you like or not like how the journey goes and based on that, manga will be succesful or a failure..
I was comparing two MCs and their power ups, not the story.

Yeaaaae \o/.. the worst One Piece youtuber there is lmao.

Still no hehe

What do you read here ?

"a ridiculous power" not a limitless power.
:suresure:Most ridiculous power that's only limited to his imagination
Meaning Luffy has no limits as long as his imagination is expanding and creative
He can do anything, become anything he wants!

From just rubber to "some mythical god that can do anything with his imagination "
Great storytelling

Yeaaaae \o/.. the worst One Piece youtuber there is lmao.

Still no hehe

What do you read here ?

"a ridiculous power" not a limitless power.
I could imagine why you wouldn’t like Drizzt who was based when you think the Nika stuff is perfect lol.
Yeah a ridiculous power that is only limited by his own imagination as described, if that isn’t OP then I don’t know what is lol. It’s arguably more valuable than the Ope Ope No Mi and has the potential to be the most overpowering fruit once Luffy or Oda realizes what else can be done with it.
It's because he took a seemingly regular fruit, and pushed it to it's utmost limits that he was able to awaken it, which is something no one was capable of doing in 800 years.

Luffy did that because of how he utilized the fruit. He worked for it.

Yall are acting like he just snapped his fingers, and turned the fruit God Tier.
He worked for what exactly? Luffy didn’t do anything lmao it took an apparent death and an apparent revival on panel to make him awaken from the dead via a retcon, how is that a storytelling master class? Like Luffy literally went from a paramecia to a fruit that probably deserves a classification of its own because of how abstract it is with the only known limit is the user’s own imagination. Yet y’all think Luffy worked for something like that and also deserves it? Are we reading the same manga?

Most ridiculous power that's only limited to his imagination
Meaning Luffy has no limits as long as his imagination is expanding and creative
He can do anything, become anything he wants!
In term of creativity, not in term of power.

This is simply the power of imagination through rubber.

A ridiculous power that is only limited by his own imagination as described
Same thing. In term of creativity, not in term of power.

That's pretty strong, but that's not everything. Remember that BlackBeard's fruit can negate the power of devilfruit usesr by a simple touch.

I think you missed 1043 chapters of power build up... weird for a fan of One Piece.

How is it not limitless when he was literally killed by Kaido and somehow came back because of DF?
This was a biblical narrative play. It meant that even in death, Luffy will succeed. The awakening was unconscious. It was foreshadow at the beginning of the arc.

That's pretty strong, but that's not everything. Remember that BlackBeard's fruit can negate the power of devilfruit usesr by a simple touch.
It is in terms of power. We haven’t seen it’s peak yet for the corny yet convenient reason that it is only limited by the user’s own imagination. As it is currently described, it has the potential to the most overpowering ability once it does reach its peak, if it even has a conventional peak.
This was a biblical play. It meant that even in death, Luffy will succeed. The awakening was unconscious.
:kobeha: Did you just say “biblical play”?
You guys are killing it with these bikram stretches in the mental gymnasium. It was a retcon man lol, ain’t nothing much else to it plain and simple.

In term of creativity, not in term of power.

This is simply the power of imagination through rubber.

I think you missed 1043 chapters of power build up... weird for a fan of One Piece.

This was a biblical narrative play. It meant that even in death, Luffy will succeed. The awakening was unconscious. It was foreshadow at the beginning of the arc.
:josad:
You guys really deluded yourselves defending g5

Oda just wanted to joke around
The dude said it himself he made g5 that way to be free to do whatever he likes, make goofy and joke battles
There's nothing about foreshadowing.

, it has the potential to the most overpowering ability once it does reach its peak
Where do you read that in the story ?

You guys are killing it with these bikram stretches in the mental gymnasium. It was a retcon man lol, ain’t nothing much else to it plain and simple.
I can see who is the ignorant one here.
You see.. that the reason why I don't adventure myself too much into threads about One Piece.. It's full with wannabee storytellers who learned one word on youtube and spit it back out like chocolate at christmas.. And sorry if that comes out a little mean but I'm starting to get quite sick of it.

No. This is not a retcon, It has nothing of the quality of a retcon. It's a plot twist. Fine and simple. Well not the plot twist itself, the act of the plot twist. The plot twist itself is everything but simple.

I'm not even defending gear 5. Gear 5 can defend itself, we can see that everywhere. I'm defending good storytelling analysis here.

Like I said, you didn't pay enough attention.

Bon.. it's 7 am and I need to sleep. I'll be back for more tomo.. today. Later.

:josad:

Oda just wanted to joke around
The dude said it himself he made g5 that way to be free to do whatever he likes, make goofy and joke battles
Even Dangai Ichigo is passable compared to the joke that is G5, it doesn’t even deserve the name Gear 5 because it has no connection whatsoever to the other gears.
Where do you read that in the story ?
“Limited by his own imagination” implies Luffy has the potential to grow it further and will only reach a peak so long as he imagines it, this is probably what the “peak” will be for this retconned fruit. It is so unclear that Oda has yet to fully establish it.
You see.. that the reason why I don't adventure myself too much into threads about One Piece.. It's full with wannabee storytellers who learned one word on youtube and spit it back out like chocolate at christmas.. And sorry if that comes out a little mean but I'm starting to get quite sick of it.

No. This is not a retcon, It has nothing of the quality of a retcon. It's a plot twist. Fine and simple. Well not the plot twist itself, the act of the plot twist. The plot twist itself is everything but simple.
That’s just me having fun, not meant to be taken serious at all lol.