Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro's theme has always been leaning more towards hell and demon related names, I am not sure if he has any attacks with names which are heaven based. Asuras and Devas are enemies and since Zoro is an Asura representative, I doubt him stepping into the Deva domain.

Especially if we consider Celestial Dragons as Devas, which are also considered Gods, then we have another enemy of gods, besides those with D in their name, Zoro due to Asura.
On the other hand, I can see a point being made and Zoro going full circle and embracing heaven as part of his spiritual growth.

Zoro's theme has always been leaning more towards hell and demon related names, I am not sure if he has any attacks with names which are heaven based. Asuras and Devas are enemies and since Zoro is an Asura representative, I doubt him stepping into the Deva domain.

Especially if we consider Celestial Dragons as Devas, which are also considered Gods, then we have another enemy of gods, besides those with D in their name, Zoro due to Asura.
On the other hand, I can see a point being made and Zoro going full circle and embracing heaven as part of his spiritual growth.
But here's the thing, asura is an embodiment of war. It isn't really evil, or good per se, just chaotic

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
But here's the thing, asura is an embodiment of war. It isn't really evil, or good per se, just chaotic
I'll take your word for it but you would agree that it is represented as a being of darkness more than a being of light which are devas?
Afaik, Asuras were part of heaven and iirc Indra is the one responsible for their fall from heaven and the conflict, I may be wrong here.
Zoro is also not really evil, he is just chaotic, the embodiment of war. :catblush:

I'll take your word for it but you would agree that it is represented as a being of darkness more than a being of light which are devas?
Afaik, Asuras were part of heaven and iirc Indra is the one responsible for their fall from heaven and the conflict, I may be wrong here.
Zoro is also not really evil, he is just chaotic, the embodiment of war. :catblush:
Not exactly. Asura was just an embodiment of war. If you want demons, it's rakshasha

There have been several of those theories based on rebirth concept of Buddhism. Most of the theories couldnt connect Zoro's progression with the realms very well in my opinion.

The best explanation I found was probably posted in the Zoro FC of OJ by an user with "alastor" id if I remember correctly.

So basically there are 5/6 realms mainly and Alastor was connecting them with all the spirits Zoro displayed so far, for example:

Hungry Ghost realm:

animal realm:

asura realm:

I cant remember what he posted for the hell realm, and he speculated that Zoro hasnt reached the God realm yet
Yeah, there was a lot of good theories back then. It's a shame that I was unable to bring those here before OJ shut down...:josad:

But thankfully I was still able to bring those sbs and non sbs info from you.

Sanzen Sekai and ISDS ... >>> Path of heaven
Onigiri and rashomon .... >>> Path of darkness
Post automatically merged:

What's the Hell realm, I mean what attack could it be? I am busting my head here thinking about it now.
Rashomon

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
There have been several of those theories based on rebirth concept of Buddhism. Most of the theories couldnt connect Zoro's progression with the realms very well in my opinion.

The best explanation I found was probably posted in the Zoro FC of OJ by an user with "alastor" id if I remember correctly.

So basically there are 5/6 realms mainly and Alastor was connecting them with all the spirits Zoro displayed so far, for example:

Hungry Ghost realm:

animal realm:

asura realm:

I cant remember what he posted for the hell realm, and he speculated that Zoro hasnt reached the God realm yet
In my headcanon, King (now Kaido) would push Zoro to a whole new level as his desire for victory is at his maximum. He will transcend his self and surpass his limits, because he cannot afford to lose. Hmm, maybe I can provide a teaser.

Calamitious Devastation!
Fusion of the Nine Realms!

The world shook as Kaido's club clashed with the nine blades of Zoro's Asura. It completely overpowered his attack and ripped through his guard. His eyes rolled into his head as he was knocked unconscious, sent flying through the mountains of Onigashima and crashing into the surrounding waters.

Is this it? Is this how my tale will end? Is this all I would amount to? Unable to help Luffy achieve his dream, unable to fulfill my promise to Kuina? Is this the limit of my ability. No! I refuse. I cannot allow myself to end here. I swore to avenge Yasuie. So that Tama can eat proper food again, So that Hiyori can finally sleep peaceful again. So that this country can, for the first time in 25 years once again taste freedom. That is why I fighting. Not just for myself, not just for Luffy. For all those counting on us, for all the people putting their faith in us, I cannot allow myself to be defeated here!

This feeling, I've felt it before, like I'm standing at a precipice, one side the very Gates of Hades, and on the other Nirvana. I can feel the breath of the water, of the air above, of my swords itself. I can feel it, the breath of creation. When last have I gotten this far? Yeah, it must have been my last battle with him.

~~~

Dracule Mihawk towered over the fallen form of Roronoa Zoro.

"You were unable to complete it huh?"

He cast his eyes down in shame.

"Worry not, it was always a long shot. A spar — no matter how realistic — is no substitute for true combat. The knowledge that your life was never truly forfeit even if you lost may have hampered your resolve, your spirit only blooms under true adversity. Besides, I suspect that a man like yourself is only able to draw out the fullness of his strength when fighting for the sake of another. It was only to be expected that you were not able to transcend yourself. That I have been able to give you a taste of what lies beyond is already enough.

Nevertheless, that feeling, don't forget it. When next you feel it, grasp hold onto it and forge ahead with conviction. Only through the will to transcendence can one achieve apotheosis. Tonight, you knocked at the doorsteps of gods. When you are able to open those doors at will — when you have achieved true enlightenment — come find me. Ghost Girl, see to his injuries. After you've recovered, you will depart; I have nothing left to teach you".

~~~

Yes, this should be enough. I grasped unto those doors and pushed them open with all my being. And then I stepped forward.

As my eyes opened again, I could feel a tremendous power, welling up inside me. So this is the power he was referring to.

Demon Aura: Deva

The Heavens parted, the waters below rent asunder. And a roar of thunder ripped across the waters of Wanokuni. A storm brewed over the oceans with incessant flashes of thunder. From the abyss below, Roronoa Zoro rose up.

Surrounded in a cloak of turbulent ryou, his appearance was as that of a Kami, a glorious and terrible visage to behold, inspiring both awe and dread at the same time.

All I'm feeling right now, is the pleasantness of this world.

"Throughout Heaven and Earth, I alone am the honored one.

Prepare yourself Kaido, this time it's going to be different."
:goyea:

Not exactly. Asura was just an embodiment of war. If you want demons, it's rakshasha
What if Oda simply didn't faithfully adapt the mythology?

Zoro invokes it as "Demon Spirit: Asura" ("Demon Aura" in the Viz), and Kaku calls it a "Demon God". Regardless of what Asura originally is in Buddhist(?) mythology, Oda seems to be depicting it as something demonic.

Yeah, there was a lot of good theories back then. It's a shame that I was unable to bring those here before OJ shut down...:josad:

But thankfully I was still able to bring those sbs and non sbs info from you.
If you have the names of the threads, I can scour the archives.

:goyea:

What if Oda simply didn't faithfully adapt the mythology?

Zoro invokes it as "Demon Spirit: Asura" ("Demon Aura" in the Viz), and Kaku calls it a "Demon God". Regardless of what Asura originally is in Buddhist(?) mythology, Oda seems to be depicting it as something demonic.

If you have the names of the threads, I can scour the archives.
Well, that would make sense, but he's been pretty faithful to shintoism for the most part. The man loves a good mythology portrayal.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
What's the Hell realm, I mean what attack could it be? I am busting my head here thinking about it now.
Rengoku Oni Giri? "Rengoku" is translated as "Purgatory", and that's pretty close to "Hell"?

Sure if you read their meaning in japanese you will know that their names have a buddhism origin and all that saying before the attack launched has a relation about the formation of the world and the heavens and its divisions
Could you provide an English translation for those of us who don't speak Japanese?