One Piece Chapter 1090: "Admiral Kizaru"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
That line was weird to me too. It looks like Saturns saying gorosei can’t reproduce.
I think the actual line is supposed to mean that "no matter how many humans die, there will always be more to replace them"
I don't have the japanese raws on me, so I just translated the line straight from the arab scans we already have

"يتكاثرون" as in to "increase in number", or "reproduce the population"

also the Goroseis themselves unlike the other Celestial Dragons are never seen to partake in any worldly matters like sex and such. They're always seen sitting in their court room throughout the entire series.

Even during the Ohara flashback (20+ years ago) and their appearance has barely changed. It just goes to hint they might not be fully human.

Hancock part is so freaking weird man
do they have editors that actually read and think thats normal?
Gotta be honest, but kid's crushing on adults/older people is pretty common in the world i feel like, as long as theres no actual reaction the other way around. So this felt honestly normal to me? It would have been hella creepy if Oda had Sanji actually react to her though. And im glad he avoided that (so far).

That fanart was way overblown in the spoiler thread though, my god

saturn comparing people to insects is interesting. it seems like he has no understanding of a human being's individual consciousness. seems like yet another hint that the lorosei themselves are not human... anyway, did kizaru hear saturn saying that or was doberman the only person who did (besides the knight-guards)?kizaru was not in the same room but idk if he could maybe hear those words bc of the den den mushi...?

and i take back what i said about borsalino's intelligence. he's not an idiot exactly, but he sure misinterpreted the motive behind luffy's actions and words. you're not people smart, kizaru, are you? not a good judge of character... also, idk if it's a weird translation thing or what but that "i can't ignore a man determined to fight for his duty" line is outright silly.

luffy looks absolutely SHOOK tho :luffydab:

S

Sasaki Kojirō

But why wasn't Aokiji able to react to the speed of an old, injured Garp, while Sentomaru could react to prime Kizaru's light speed? Either Sentomaru's CoO and reaction is far superior to Aokiji's, or Garp even in old, injured state moves faster than Kizaru.
Apparently, Aokiji doesn't possess FS and has very slow reactive capabilities that are surpassed even by Sentomaru and his reaction time.

• Aokiji was blitzed not just once but two or three times by the injured Old Garp.
  • Sentomaru easily intercepted Kizaru's attack here.

None of the scenarios are favorable for the admirals' fans here, because regardless of who between Kizaru or Aokiji performed better, it's an L for both admirals.

Kizaru hype. Some much needed hype for Admirals after last few chapters made them feel irrelevant. Decent shades of characterization for Kizaru as well. Next few chapters it’ll be Kizaru hype and then we may get Luffy slowly getting and controlling the fight. Yonko vs Admiral next chapter hopefully. Other SHs and VegaPunk may leave to Elbaf without the monster four I think.

SHs vs Kaido (5000 odd vs 30000), SHs vs Marines(10-15 vs 30000). Nice parallels

Sandman does direct translations from Japanese to English, right?
Supposedly, but honestly I'm not even sure anymore with all these OP leakers and translators going around nowadays each with their own agenda

I heard a while ago that Artur didn't properly translate some of the Vivre Card info because it goes against his headcanons or someshit along those lines

who knows :suresure:

york's ambition is admirable. it's a pity she wasn't able to kill all the other vegapunks...

some nice SH interaction (luffy and usopp, robin and chopper). robin seems fairly in character, the way she's interacting with chopper. could it be she's NOT catarina devon?! :choppawhat:

overall, despite the lameness of egghead and the vile tongue geezer getting a lot of panel time, i quite liked the chapter. 4/5, i think.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
He said they will reproduce like insects do, not that they are capable of reproducing. After all, we have yet to meet a species that cannot reproduce. Even Gods in mythology reproduce.
Yeah I know what they said....

He has equated them to insects...

Said, they will reproduce like insects...

In short, Saturn is trying to say human lives don't matter as they will reproduce like insects

If Gorosei are humans themselves then they are equating them as insects as well.

So, it does kind of imply that they belong to different race and it isn't a far -fetch idea

Supposedly, but honestly I'm not even sure anymore with all these OP leakers and translators going around nowadays each with their own agenda

I heard a while ago that Artur didn't properly translate some of the Vivre Card info because it goes against his headcanons or someshit along those lines

who knows :suresure:
Artur has always infused translations with his headcanon, he's been doing that for years. Hence @ArturCantSpeakJapanese 's name

its odd and its forced
the other seraphim do not seem to show any affinity for other characters in the originals lives thats present so in the first place theres no consistency. and the child seraphim is clearly infatuated with him .
Post automatically merged:

Gotta be honest, but kid's crushing on adults/older people is pretty common in the world i feel like, as long as theres no actual reaction the other way around. So this felt honestly normal to me? It would have been hella creepy if Oda had Sanji actually react to her though. And im glad he avoided that (so far).

That fanart was way overblown in the spoiler thread though, my god
I didnt even know there was a fanart tbf

Yeah I know what they said....

He has equated them to insects...

Said, they will reproduce like insects...

In short, Saturn is trying to say human lives don't matter as they will reproduce like insects

If Gorosei are humans themselves then they are equating them as insects as well.

So, it does kind of imply that they belong to different race and it isn't a far -fetch idea
They =average citizens, farmers etc