Fanclub Critics Club

Poll #1 — Which Arc is Worse?

• Total voters
It honestly feels like Oda goes out of his way to deconstruct the Yonko as legitimate characters.

Linlin goes from intelligent, intimidating, unreasonable, unrelenting entity of pure calculating greed to a bumbling, incompetent, pathetic, consistently humiliated, screeching retard.

Kaido goes from war loving, battle lusting, death seeking, suicidal entity of raw intimidation and power to a spineless, gutless bitch that gets all shook up whenever he loses a fight and starts whipping out hostages for cheap shots.

Worst of all, Oda has just turned Whitebeard from a steadfast, loyal, caring man whose morals and ideals remain unyielding even in the face of overwhelming odds, a man who would sooner break his very body before his word into a fair weather friend who will situationally assist you if he even bothers to remember your existence within a time frame of two decades.

The sheer amount of character assassination that occurs within this group is astounding. These characters should represent the pinnacle of One Piece characters yet Oda consistently undermines the Yonko both as individuals and as a group.

The fact that she was a political schemer that regularly hosted important political events and multiple arranged marriages, along with overseeing a supposedly fantastic network of spies, assassins and saboteurs, did not give the impression that she was portrayed as having some semblance of advanced intelligence?
Hahaha that didn’t even cross my mind, see. She’s so hated here, I forgot her actually good side 😂✋🏻
Though I wouldn’t really call it advanced.

Oda shouldn't have brought Big Mom and her crew so early into the Wano arc, he should have brought them late into the arc not early as in the beginning of Act 2. Other than her scene with Kaido, Big Mom has only been used in gag scenes so far in the Wano arc. As for the BMP, I don't even know what Oda is trying to do with them at this point and I really hate it that he's making them look like jokes.

I get that Oda is trying to keep the BMP away from the battle for plot reasons, but he could have found a much better way to do it.

I miss how Big Mom and her crew were portrayed during the WCI arc.:josad:

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Hahaha that didn’t even cross my mind, see. She’s so hated here, I forgot her actually good side 😂✋🏻
Though I wouldn’t really call it advanced.
She was depicted as someone supposed to be intelligent (the closest to a mastermind we had among the Yonkou). Her intelligence network has been hyped to be quite formidable.

Kaido goes from war loving, battle lusting, death seeking, suicidal entity of raw intimidation and power to a spineless, gutless bitch that gets all shook up whenever he loses a fight and starts whipping out hostages for cheap shots.
Kaido is still plenty formidable IMO. Besides, he didn't use the hostage of his own accord. His subordinates decided to take that initiative (perhaps because they feared he would lose), but it wasn't something he consented to. He said as much to Oden, apologised to him for it and had the one responsible executed. The main thing that the Oden flashback undermined was Kaido's myth of invincibility. He's still as "war loving" and "battle lusting" as he ever was.

As for his suicidal ideation, the experience I've gotten is that he seeks a worthy death, and not just death period (why not drown himself). That desire for a glorious death may explain why he wanted to start the greatest war ever. That said, this explanation suicidal ideation was more plausible when he did appear to be an invincible combatant. Oda could rescue it by telling us that Kaido now is many times stronger than he was 20 years ago.

Kaido is still plenty formidable IMO. Besides, he didn't use the hostage of his own accord. His subordinates decided to take that initiative (perhaps because they feared he would lose), but it wasn't something he consented to. He said as much to Oden, apologised to him for it and had the one responsible executed. The main thing that the Oden flashback undermined was Kaido's myth of invincibility. He's still as "war loving" and "battle lusting" as he ever was.
He still capitalised on the advantage said hostage provided. It does not matter that it was not his own idea, he still used the bitch move to his advantage.

I also distinctly remember how the “war loving and battle lusting” Kaido was showing the opposite of excitement at the prospect of Linlin starting a war in Wano.
As for his suicidal ideation, the experience I've gotten is that he seeks a worthy death, and not just death period (why not drown himself). That desire for a glorious death may explain why he wanted to start the greatest war ever. That said, this explanation suicidal ideation was more plausible when he did appear to be an invincible combatant. Oda could rescue it by telling us that Kaido now is many times stronger than he was 20 years ago.
The problem here is that Kaido is first introduced by attempting to kill himself by jumping off of a Sky Island. That is not exactly a “worthy death”.

Considering that most of the One Piece world is comprised of water then it sure is fortunate(?) for Kaido that he did not land in the ocean.

J

Jo_Ndule

It honestly feels like Oda goes out of his way to deconstruct the Yonko as legitimate characters.

Linlin goes from intelligent, intimidating, unreasonable, unrelenting entity of pure calculating greed to a bumbling, incompetent, pathetic, consistently humiliated, screeching retard.

Worst of all, Oda has just turned Whitebeard from a steadfast, loyal, caring man whose morals and ideals remain unyielding even in the face of overwhelming odds, a man who would sooner break his very body before his word into a fair weather friend who will situationally assist you if he even bothers to remember your existence within a time frame of two decades.

The sheer amount of character assassination that occurs within this group is astounding. These characters should represent the pinnacle of One Piece characters yet Oda consistently undermines the Yonko both as individuals and as a group.
When did Kaido lose a fight... When did he order hostages to win?

You are comparing BM sane and crazy BM with hunger pags

But I get your point

Aye, they looked beastly during their debuts, too bad Oda ruined them as the story progressed.

November 2012, Linlin's initial debut gave the impression that she could use admirals as dildos

That's the ONLY BM illustration i would ever wank :steef:

DR being so long made the NW smaller in scale.

The tournament should have been a treasure hunting contest across 2 or 3 islands (interconnect parallels culminating in a final island that is DR) with different weather conditions or obstacles which would encourage team work. Think of it as a Davy fight back where every straw hats get their moments to shine. This context mixes adventures, teamwork, world building, and fights the essence of One Piece

DR being so long made the NW smaller in scale.

The tournament should have been a treasure hunting contest across 2 or 3 islands (interconnect parallels culminating in a final island that is DR) with different weather conditions or obstacles which would encourage team work. Think of it as a Davy fight back where every straw hats get their moments to shine. This context mixes adventures, teamwork, world building, and fights the essence of One Piece
The collesum was boring af. Basicallly a fodder royal rumble. Idk who tf ever gave Oda that shitty idea. Worse than the cake plot in my opinion.