Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I understand the fact that people say that a character needs to have an arc to join. But what arc did jinbe have? Or Zoro and Usopp for that matter? A backstory yes, but stussy can have that as well afterwards. I stand to the point that probably no one will join. But if someone has a chance right now it is Bonney or Stussy.

And of course Lucci @Rambles
Jinbei didn't really have an arc. I got berated once here, because suposedly it was an iron clad deal that SH candidates all need Luffy to save them from someone in an arc to become nakama.

And somehow that fish villain (cba to google him) was Jimbei's arc villain because Jimbei couldn't defeat him himself.
Fishman island is when Jimbei "joined" but he didn't go with the SH, he went to BM to ask for his release.

In a way it's much more accurate to say the big baddie stopping Jimbei from joining was Big Mom, but Luffy didn't even save Jimbei from that, they just all collectively still decided to tag together.

And EVEN still that wasn't the arc where he officially joined, it was later on, randomly, in Onigashima. So this idea, that SH candidates need a big villain for Luffy to save them from is kinda of a meme, because it's jsut people looking into Oda's formulaic story telling.

Fck i'd argue not even Robin had that treatment, because Spandam was her personal villain (his dad killed Clover-sensei etc) and her biggest "villain" was her innability to not ask help and acept the SH as nakama at the start of Water 7.

Aokiji even stated Robin could have ran from CP9 if she wanted to, but she decided to suicide for the SHs.

So basically, you just need to have a role/dream and some arc importance to be a decent candidate imo

:few:

Jinbei didn't really have an arc. I got berated once here, because suposedly it was an iron clad deal that SH candidates all need Luffy to save them from someone in an arc to become nakama.

And somehow that fish villain (cba to google him) was Jimbei's arc villain because Jimbei couldn't defeat him himself.
Fishman island is when Jimbei "joined" but he didn't go with the SH, he went to BM to ask for his release.

In a way it's much more accurate to say the big baddie stopping Jimbei from joining was Big Mom, but Luffy didn't even save Jimbei from that, they just all collectively still decided to tag together.

And EVEN still that wasn't the arc where he officially joined, it was later on, randomly, in Onigashima. So this idea, that SH candidates need a big villain for Luffy to save them from is kinda of a meme, because it's jsut people looking into Oda's formulaic story telling.

Fck i'd argue not even Robin had that treatment, because Spandam was her personal villain (his dad killed Clover-sensei etc) and her biggest "villain" was her innability to not ask help and acept the SH as nakama at the start of Water 7.

Aokiji even stated Robin could have ran from CP9 if she wanted to, but she decided to suicide for the SHs.

So basically, you just need to have a role/dream and some arc importance to be a decent candidate imo

I always thought that Jinbe didn't need someone, who saved him, but instead he saved Luffy from himself and his inability to overcome his brother's death.
Post automatically merged:

... if that counts.

I'm thinking that maybe the next arc won't be Elbaf, but rather a storyline focused on the underworld. There are many loose ends that haven't been addressed, which I don't think could be resolved in Elbaf:

- Vivi's fate
- Miss Bakkin and Whitebeard's treasure
- Neo MADS (Judge and Caesar)
I'm thinking the same thing, because we see a lot of this shape 🌀in one piece. This symbol comes from the theory that the earth is hollow. You can see it recently on Kuma's back during his flashback. We're also sure to learn more about Pluton, the god of the underworld.

And if this underworld contains the planets we see on Ohara's globe, that means Pluton is linked to space, and I hope we'll be seeing this masterpiece 🤩

I'm thinking the same thing, because we see a lot of this shape 🌀in one piece. This symbol comes from the theory that the earth is hollow. You can see it recently on Kuma's back during his flashback. We're also sure to learn more about Pluton, the god of the underworld.

And if this underworld contains the planets we see on Ohara's globe, that means Pluton is linked to space, and I hope we'll be seeing this masterpiece 🤩

Hollow Earth bros rise :finally:

Jinbei had fishman island, Zoro had the marine base, and Ussop had syrup village. Believe me, I wish Stussy was joining. All the right pins were set up, but none of them were knocked down. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

I agree with Warback. I wouldn’t consider, fishman island, marine base and syrop village arc. Jinbe, zoro and Usopp arcs. They were just introductions arcs but not really about them and in Jinbe’s case not even introductions. I still think stussy has a chance and doesn’t really need to be saved or have an arc about her. A flashback to learn about her, nowhere to go and a dream is everything.

I agree with Warback. I wouldn’t consider, fishman island, marine base and syrop village arc. Jinbe, zoro and Usopp arcs. They were just introductions arcs but not really about them and in Jinbe’s case not even introductions. I still think stussy has a chance and doesn’t really need to be saved or have an arc about her. A flashback to learn about her, nowhere to go and a dream is everything.
Hey, I hope you're right:kayneshrug:

Hollow Earth bros rise :finally:
Yes, this picture below shows it

green bell pepper = the inside is empty
onions = several layers like planets overlays on each other
carrot = pluton

her potential mother, who was one of Kaido's 4 commanders represented by the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, represents the horseman of death, a reference to the underworld.

she may have been the former holder of the Kuma fruit and put her consciousness into Wano by opening Wano's borders. A gigantic golem made from the different islands of Wano will form and release the ancient weapon Pluto controlled by Carrot's mother.

Carrot will obtain Kuma's fruit and put her consciousness into the Sunny, which will create a golem, she will be able to create a luminous sword made of plasma (compressed air + electricity)

and propel herself, etc.

that's why Kaido can't die, because death (Carrot's mother) has left him.

Last edited: