General & Others Kizaru vs Luffy: An Agendaless View

Dragon please, Luffy vs Kizaru conclusion is the same as Luffy vs Lucci's conclusion

It the sense Luffy felt G5 aftermath, sure, but Lucci did not bring Luffy to the limit of G5.

That is also the reason why Luffy could not restart the G5 against Saturn.

We can discuss why on so on, but this is the main difference imho.

It the sense Luffy felt G5 aftermath, sure, but Lucci did not bring Luffy to the limit of G5.

That is also the reason why Luffy could not restart the G5 against Saturn.

We can discuss why on so on, but this is the main difference imho.
What? Of course he did

Lucci brought Luffy to the G5 limit, Luffy defeated Lucci temporarily and Luffy waited 32 seconds and then he was fine

The same shit happened against Kizaru

Kizaru brought Luffy to the G5 limit, Luffy one shotted Kizaru and paralyzed him temporarily, and Luffy now has to wait 32 seconds

Luffy vs Kizaru conclusion is literally the same than Luffy vs Lucci

The real villain is Saturn anyway

The fact that Oda handled with Luffy vs Kizaru in a similar manner to Luffy vs Lucci and nothing close to Luffy vs Kaido clearly indicates that Luffy > Kizaru, even Saturn acknowledged that

Last edited:
So if you're not going to make up shit about what we didn't see then go by what we did see, which is Luffy putting Kizaru down with one attack, it's pretty simple.

It's a big deal for Luffy, it's not a big deal for Kizaru, it has nothing to do with Kizaru, Luffy gassing out from his own few minute long time limit is his own problem, not one Kizaru created.

It's a neutral situation in terms of their fight's outcome, what's not neutral is the fact that Luffy put Kizaru down with one attack and then only went down himself because of his own weakness, again, as I said before, the fight is practically a draw in terms of the outcome, but how that outcome came about is a huge W for Luffy and a huge L for Kizaru.
I have no problem saying that we saw the conflict settled with one clean hit. My figuring is that either Luffy moves on to the real boss or he can finish with Kizaru, but now that he's been hit like that he's not going to let it happen again. Kizaru wasn't focused on fighting and we haven't seen his awakening if he has one, considering how his peers managed to changed a whole climate with theirs.

A legit one shot would be to keep it moving. Luffy's first fight with Kaido was a low diff one shot because Luffy was rounded up by fodder while Kaido went to get drunk. Luffy himself isn't really the type to low diff: even that one lame ass Gifter managed to technically get a hit in when he shot a fireball during Luffy's attack. Right now the price for landing that punch on Kizaru is that he can't move a single muscle or even speak.

Oh and yes, you would absolutely say that Kizaru created the fatigue situation. He's the one who pointed out that Luffy was near the end of his stamina.

Last edited:
What? Of course he did

Lucci brought Luffy to the G5 limit, Luffy defeated Lucci temporarily and Luffy waited 32 seconds and then he was fine

The same shit happened against Kizaru

Kizaru brought Luffy to the G5 limit, Luffy one shotted Kizaru and paralyzed him temporarily, and Luffy now has to wait 32 seconds

Luffy vs Kizaru conclusion is literally the same than Luffy vs Lucci

Sorry, but no.

Luffy vs Lucci was a fight that concluded in a very short time and so Luffy only felt the regular G5 aftermath of just using the new Gear and th dismiss it.
Luffy could have gone on using the G5 if Lucci endured more.

Against Kizaru, Luffy literally arrived at the extreme time limit and if, in hypothesis, Kizaru tanked the hit just fine, Luffy could have not used the G5 again.

Sorry, but no.

Luffy vs Lucci was a fight concluded in a very short time and so Luffy only felt the regular G5 aftermath of just using the Gear.
Luffy could have gone on using the G5 if Lucci endured more.

Against Kizaru, Luffy literally arrive at the extreme time limit and if, in hypothesis, Kizaru tanked the hit just fine, Luffy could have not used the G5 again.
Dude it's literally the same thing, you are just inventing random headcanon because you love the admirals and I get it

However, Luffy vs Lucci concluded the exact same way than Luffy vs Kizaru

Luffy reaches his limit, defeats his opponent (takes him down temporarily) and then he is back 32 seconds later

Even if Kizaru > Lucci and Luffy had it easier against Lucci, the fight concluded the exact same way

That gets to show you how little Oda cares about these characters in Egghead because the real villain is Saturn anyway and the real fight will be Nika vs Saturn

How would Luffy punch Kizaru while holding him? Lmao
In all different ways people were killed by titans in Attack On Titan manga. Oda should have read that manga for inspiration maybe to come up with more plausible ways to make Kizaru stay alive.

A simple squeeze would make Kizaru dead instantly.
Submerging his fist into water and holding him there could have worked.
Pulling his head off, I think there was a scene like this in Gantz.
Basically punching or slapping Kizaru's head with the other hand could have knocked him out at least, he didn't even had to kill him ..
So yes. Stupid plot convenience.

Either way it's 3 chapters or so wasted. Flashbacks would have been much better.

Dragon please, Luffy vs Kizaru conclusion is the same as Luffy vs Lucci conclusion

What? Of course he did

Dishonest... and you dare claim to only care about narrative. I'm done with your circus

-Luffy was laughing his ass while sending Lucci to sleep and stayed for a certain time in G5 after that

-In comparison Lufy immediately fell on the ground stating that he reached his limit as soon as he punched Kizaru

Drawback :
-Luffy was just shriveled old man like when he got out of G5 against Kaido but managed to repump himself

Kizaru
-Lifeless white eyes corpse that can't lift a finger when about to get his head crushed or his friends are getting brutalized

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude it's literally the same thing

Luffy vs Lucci concluded the exact same way than Luffy vs Kizaru

Luffy reaches his limit, defeats his opponent (takes him down temporarily) and then is back 32 seconds later

That gets to show you how little Oda cares about these characters in Egghead because the real villain is Saturn anyway and the real fight will be Nika vs Saturn
The difference is that against Lucci, aside from using AdvCoC, Luffy could have gone on.

Against Kizaru could not.

If we are okay with that, for all the rest I agree.

Last edited:
I think everybody agrees that neither Luffy or Kizaru came out of this fight like people expected them to. And fans of both sides have been trying to cover this up with embarrassing copes.

The Luffy/Yonko fans did not expect Luffy to be completely helpless after using G5 and only landing one hit on Kizaru. And Kizaru/Admiral fans did not expect him to be incapacitated after just one hit. These are not the standards that people were shown in Wano and earlier of established top tiers.

At the end of last chapter, Luffy fans were arguing that Luffy would just restart the beat like he did against Kaido and Kizaru fans were saying that he will get back and he is still in troll mode. The result though was that Luffy had to be saved by Franky, whereas Kizaru can talk but cant move and get up.

Neither side has come out looking good in this exchange and I expect that their might not even be a rematch now, Oda will leave this as inconclusive and move on to Saturn.
Saturn has other people who will fight him. Kumas coming in and the ancient robot who attacked Mariejoa 200 years ago.

Meanwhile no one else has any reason to fight Kizaru

Dishonest prick... and you dare claim to only care about narrative. I'm done with your circus

-Luffy was laughing his ass while sending Lucci to sleep and stayed for a certain time in G5 after that

-In comparison Lufy fell stating that he reached his limit as soon as he punched Kizaru

Drawback :
-Luffy was just shriveled old man like when he got out of G5 against Kaido but managed to repump himself

Kizaru
-Lifeless white eyes corpse that can't lift a finger when about to get his head crushed or his friends are getting brutalized
Here comes the guy who takes everything personally and who misses the point of this discussion

The context is @Dragon777 disagreeing with this:
Kizaru and Lucci aren't the same level yet Luffy ended in the same state
As I said and I will say it one more time because you are nitpicking random details, the conclusion is the same:
- Luffy reaches his limit
- He defeats his opponent (takes him down temporarily)
- He looks like an old man
- Luffy is back 32 seconds later

Of course that Luffy had it easier against Lucci, of course that Kizaru is stronger than Lucci, Luffy had to use his 2nd strongest attack against Kizaru (+aCoC) when he only used CoA against Lucci... but the conclusion is the same.

The fight itself can be considered a "draw" technically, as both fighters were down at the same time, but when you acknowledge context and how they respectively ended up down, it's pretty easy to see how one of the characters took a huge W and the other a huge L
Is it? According to admiral headcanon Saturn wasn't even going to fight.

Question is whether SHP can handle fodder marines + VAs and I think they could have handled it well.

I just want to say Saturn stole the show. If SHP lose to anyone then it's a clear loss against Saturn. He's clearly overpowered and stronger than Kizaru by far.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The fight was clearly portrayed as a draw. Both were shown falling at the same time and then later, down at the same time. The entire fight was a circumstantial mess with Luffy trying to land a single hit on Kizaru and bypass his defenses(something mentioned as a factor), and he barely did it with a move Kizaru didn't expect.

The attack is still less than what we've seen Akainu and Kuzan take, so it's pointless agenda to use Kizaru as a baseline in inconsistent mess.

The fight itself can be considered a "draw" technically, as both fighters were down at the same time, but when you acknowledge context and how they respectively ended up down, it's pretty easy to see how one of the characters took a huge W and the other a huge L
The people who consider this a draw do it solely based on the fact that both Kizaru and Luffy are laying on the ground.

However, that's not what this is about.

Why people say this is a Luffy win:
- Luffy took down Kizaru (temporarily) with 1 single punch, Luffy is having Nika drawback
- Kizaru was escaping Luffy going after Vegapunk and weaker characters, Luffy ran after him and took him down
- Kizaru's mission was to assassinate Vegapunk and he did not achieve his mission because of Luffy
- Saturn understands why Kizaru failed his mission and is temporarily down: Nika (Luffy)
- Saturn had to land on Egghead to take over Kizaru's mission

Why people say this is a draw:
- Luffy and Kizaru are both laying on the ground

Now take everything together and think about who took the win here.

Saturn has other people who will fight him. Kumas coming in and the ancient robot who attacked Mariejoa 200 years ago.

Meanwhile no one else has any reason to fight Kizaru
Robot might just be a Zunesha until it does something I don't expect anything. It's just headcanon and speculation. Just like how people speculated Saturn isn't there to fight.
It took his entire Gear 5 run to land that single hit, and it wasn't for lack of effort.

An agenda means jumping to a conclusion, and I'm not gonna do that. That will lead you to some implication like "oh, he can one shot an admiral so when he gets up he's giving that uncle da bizness." Not at all lol
The problem is Oda decided it's time for G5 to end and it didn't feel natural conclusion. It was very anti-climatic and poor writing style, very disengaging to the reader.

In the Whole Cake Island, Luffy was beaten up by Sanji, held captive for a while, went through an awful lot of damage, including from big Mom. He suffered a lot more but could still fight ...
Same with the Wano arc. Constant fights. Still won.

In fact I am not sure the power leveling was even consistent for Luffy, from the time he first faced Big Mom up to the time he finally beat Kaido. So based on that alone, he might power up mid fight and defeat Saturn too, although it's unrealistic, it's possible, because the plot isn't consistent.

The problem is Oda decided it's time for G5 to end and it didn't feel natural conclusion. It was very anti-climatic and poor writing style, very disengaging to the reader.
Luffy vs Kizaru was Tom & Jerry.

Kizaru was continuously escaping/distracting Luffy to focus on his mission, while Luffy was chasing him.

Luffy had to run after Kizaru in the cartoon run thing that drains him a lot of energy.

Luffy chasing Kizaru drained him a lot of energy, Kizaru travels at light speed.

Luffy turned into a giant to grab Kizaru and throw him into the sea.

Luffy also had to avoid Kizaru's lasers, swallow them occasionally, and so on.

Finally, Luffy had to land one clean hit (his 2nd strongest attack) to take down Kizaru temporarily, that also drained a lot of energy.

So, it's not surprising and not anti-climatic at all that Luffy reached his limit here.

Here comes the guy who takes everything personally and who misses the point of this discussion

The context is @Dragon777 disagreeing with this:

As I said and I will say it one more time because you are nitpicking random details, the conclusion is the same:
- Luffy reaches his limit
- He defeats his opponent (takes him down temporarily)
- He looks like an old man
- Luffy is back 32 seconds later

Of course that Luffy had it easier against Lucci, of course that Kizaru is stronger than Lucci, Luffy had to use his 2nd strongest attack against Kizaru (+aCoC) when he only used CoA against Lucci... but the conclusion is the same.
Limit were not reached against Lucci, you got Luffy laughing his ass off, talking to Sentoumaru and moving to the vacuum rocket AFTER he sent him flying, while against Kizaru Luffy was completely immobilized the second he used WSG because he actually reached his limit there. (as he stated himself)

Did not end in the same state either, this is the first time his eyes are white (indicating at least partial unconsciousness) and is completely unable to even lift a finger after G5.

I'm literally stating facts here.