Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
The author himself thinks this storyline is over.

C4N: Nuh-uh he's just wrong, maybe he should read his own subtext.

I genuinely can't with you sometimes 🤦‍♂️
It depend if this is an actual ending or not. If this is not, Oda is not wrong, if it is, he is and made a mistake that I eplained on this forum HERE if you dare to read.

Since you're desperate enough to accuse me of lying, let me show you the panels.

Point one- "I can't just abandon everyone" "I doubt either of us would enjoy our adventures if we were worrying about Wano".
In other words, the real reason she is staying because Momo and the scabbards can't protect Wano, not because it fulfills her dream.

Point two- "But man, I still want to be one of you, a real crewmate"- she still wants to be a strawhat. She gave up on it because she felt she had to stay in Wano to protect it. This is the opposite of One Piece's core message.

Point three- "Careful Yamato, Momo has a lot of pride, don't wound it". In other words, she told Momo it's what she wanted because she knew he wouldn't accept her giving up her dream to protect him, it would hurt his pride.

Point 4- "I know, I'll find another reason for me to stay" In other words, what she just said is the only reason she currently has. If what she told Momo about wanting to explore Wano was true, she wouldn't need to find "another reason". This also shows that protecting Wano is not sufficient for her.

Your conclusion was right, but every detail of your theory was dead wrong. I agree that Yamato's story is likely done, but writing paragraphs about your headcannon theory doesn't prove anything when the manga proves it's just fanfiction.
@Logiko points 3 and 4 are based on subtext, but you ignored both of them and claimed the first part was my entire argument.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It depend if this is an actual ending or not. If this is not, Oda is not wrong, if it is, he is and made a mistake that I eplained on this forum HERE if you dare to read.
He's not wrong period and he didn't "make a mistake" :shame:

The real mistake was your belief in the direction of Carrot's story. Just admit you were wrong. Not "my conclusion was wrong" just say I was wrong.

Thank you. As I don't remember replying to this I will do it here because there are a few things wrong here:

Point 1

- Yamato has no dream, she had a desire to be free. It was fullfilled.

Point 2

- Joining the strawhat is not a dream its just something she would love to do just like Vivi would love to be part of the strawhats. There is a difference between the two. Its not a definitive desire, its just.. something she would like if the occasion was presenting itself.

Point 3

- First means in subtext that Yamato said "I'm staying like Oden did" because she didn't want to hurt Momo's pride. But you forget the other part of the subtext behind the choice of Yamato. The subtext says that she made her OWN choice and that choice is coming in complete opposition to what Kaido wanted her to be. The subtext in fact says that Yamato reached freedom BECAUSE of this choice.

Point 4

Doesn't mean that Wano is not sufficiant for her. It ONLY means that she must find another reason not to hurt Momo. The real reason, as explained previously is that she took her responsibilities.

What you must understand is that Yamato made the same choice Vivi did: Responsibilities over egoism. Saying that both would love to sail with the strawhat is true, but both are CONTENT with their choices. And in BOTH case Oda showed that the freedom of choice was the important part.

The point of Yamato's story arc is the seeking of freedom. Why is that ? Because from the beginning, Yamato and the notion of freedom are linked to eachother. First Yamato is put in shakles. ThenOda is showing that the one actually making descision for Yamato is Kaido. By fighting Kaido, Yamato actually fight for her own freedom of choosing her own pass. This is what subtext means in that case.

Therefore the SUBTEXT told us that at the end of Wano, Yamato found freedom by making her own choice. Being staying for the sake of responsibilities.

Ergo, Yamato's storyline is now over. Oda could recreate another storyline but the theme would be different as this wouldn't uncompass freedom anymore and would make Yamato take others types of choices.

Do you understand now ?

The real mistake was your belief in the direction of Carrot's story. Just admit you were wrong. Not "my conclusion was wrong" just say I was wrong.
I was wrong .. on my conclusion. Sorry, this is factual.

He's not a big enough of a man to admit that.
I've admitted being wrong on this forum more than each poster here combined. Don't lecture me on that lmao

Thank you. As I don't remember replying t will do it here because there are a few things wrong here:

Point 1

Point 2

- Joining the strawhat is not a dream its just something she would love to do just like Vivi would love to be part of the strawhats. There is a difference between the two. Its not a definitive desire, its just.. something she would like if the occasion was presenting itself.

Point 3

- First means in subtext that Yamato said "I'm staying like Oden did" because she didn't want to hurt Momo's pride. But you forget the other part of the subtext behind the choice of Yamato. The subtext says that she made her OWN choice and that choice is coming in complete opposition to what Kaido wanted her to be. The subtext in fact says that Yamato reached freedom BECAUSE of this choice.

Point 4

Doesn't mean that Wano is not sufficiant for her. It ONLY means that she must find another reason not to hurt Momo. The real reason, as explained previously is that she took her responsibilities.

What you must understand is that Yamato made the same choice Vivi did: Responsibilities over egoism. Saying that both would love to sail with the strawhat is true, but both are CONTENT with their choices. And in BOTH case Oda showed that the freedom of choice was the important part.

The point of Yamato's story arc is the seeking of freedom. Why is that ? Because from the beginning, Yamato and the notion of freedom are linked to eachother. First Yamato is put in shakles. ThenOda is showing that the one actually making descision for Yamato is Kaido. By fighting Kaido, Yamato actually fight for her own freedom of choosing her own pass. This is what subtext means in that case.

Therefore the SUBTEXT told us that at the end of Wano, Yamato found freedom by making her own choice. Being staying for the sake of responsibilities.

Ergo, Yamato's storyline is now over. Oda could recreate another storyline but the theme would be different as this wouldn't uncompass freedom anymore and would make Yamato take others types of choices.

Do you understand now ?

I've admitted being wrong on this forum more than each poster here combined. Don't lecture me on that lmao
Watch that ego of yours, bro

Thank you. As I don't remember replying to this I will do it here because there are a few things wrong here:

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4

Do you understand now ?

You're just stating what you say the subtext is without proof. I actually explained why it means what it does. Your response simply means nothing.

Hehe. here is a challenge for you. Pick any strawhat, look at the pillar Here (my blog) and try to imagine the strawhat on the ship without at least 3 of those pillars.

Are they still holding ?

Watch that ego of yours, bro
My ego is well placed, don't worry. Its only shining because of your denial lol

You're just stating what you say the subtext is without proof.
I gave you the proof.
- Shakles
- Kaido's dream
- Yamato and Kaido's conflict centered around the notion of freedom and the unwilligness of yamato to do what her dad want

If this is not enough proof of subtext for you, take some more storytelling classes.

C4N you are the king of bad faith arguments lmao
Did you read the post (development inertia) ??

It was not. There is no evidences of things being rushed in Wano. There are some mistakes here and there but the pacing of the arc stayed consistant. Wano being rushed (like whole cake being dragged out) are fan thoughts not actual storytelling facts.
Like you know anything about actual storytelling facts. :seriously:

I don't think he did but even if it was, that's not an element showing a rush in the story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

If it’s something that a character states they’re going to do only for them to end up not doing it and never bring it up again, that’s an example of a plot hole. Sure, you could assume he did so off-screen, but why wouldn’t Zoro bring it up afterward if that were the case?

Act 4 would be a good opportunity to fix inconsistencies like these. Either that, or a flashback.

already explained that multiple time. Its the foudnation of Yamato's story arc. Yamato wanted to be free at all cost. With the arrival of Ace, she became to think that the sea and therefore Luffy was the only way she could be free. But Yamato at the time didn't understand that freedom is more than just sailing. Freedom is being able to make your own choices. Choices that in that case are in direct opposition to what her father wated her to become. Yamato face a choice, sailing to the sea but leaving Wano alone, or making the choice to stay but letting the sea goes. SHe decided that freedom was for her to stay in Wano.

That's her arc.
Are you Oda?

It depend, a character could be very well developped in the last arc and join. And I would be glad. There are no actual reasons why a character should join before the end.
Unless Oda is planning on showing the Straw Hats revisit the previous islands and travel back to the East Blue (as its own arc), any Straw Hats that get introduced near EoS will get very few panels.

No it wasn't rushed, there are no evidences pointing at a rush. Shanks being here is not an evidence of that. This is just a plot point that you didn't like

Last edited:
Why you people still discussing carrot?

Wano arc clearly indicated oda didn't intend to have her as a SH. She is past now.
Question. Was Carrot ever portrayed as a leader is the story ?

Like you know anything about actual storytelling facts.
Not all of it, but some yes

If it’s something that a character states they’re going to do only for them to end up not doing it and never bring it up again, that’s an example of a plot hole. Sure, you could assume he did so off-screen, but why wouldn’t Zoro bring it up afterward if that were the case?

Act 4 would be a good opportunity to fix inconsistencies like these. Either that, or a flashback.
He indeed said it, I didn't remember that. Anyway, there is no plot hole here. Just offscreening.

Does Zoro visiting the grave of Ryuma is important for the story ? No. The story was focused on the Kozuki and not Zoro.

A plot hole is not that. A plot hole is a plot point that doesn't make sence in the story. A plot hole can be filled later. Read your own definition.

No, i'm just good at analysing character arcs especially when it takes years to develop.

Unless Oda is planning on showing the Straw Hats revisit the previous islands and travel back to the East Blue (as its own arc), any Straw Hats that get introduced near EoS will get very few panels.
Not necessarally. Imagine for example that Oda wants to integrate a giant. He could very well create an entire storyarc for them that could take 30+ chapters before the end.

Oh boi, you have poor standards.

I read it back when you first posted it yes.
Then you should understand why making Carrot lead when she never lead and making Carrot go back to a recluded place and staying there from her own choice when it was shown that everything that she loves is the adventure... would be a mistake.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Question. Was Carrot ever portrayed as a leader is the story ?

Not all of it, but some yes

He indeed said it, I didn't remember that. Anyway, there is no plot hole here. Just offscreening.

Does Zoro visiting the grave of Ryuma is important for the story ? No. The story was focused on the Kozuki and not Zoro.

A plot hole is not that. A plot hole is a plot point that doesn't make sence in the story. A plot hole can be filled later. Read your own definition.

No, i'm just good at analysing character arcs especially when it takes years to develop.

Not necessarally. Imagine for example that Oda wants to integrate a giant. He could very well create an entire storyarc for them that could take 30+ chapters before the end.

Oh boi, you have poor standards.

Then you should understand why making Carrot lead when she never lead and making Carrot go back to a recluded place and staying there from her own choice when it was shown that everything that she loves is the adventure... would be a mistake.
You were wrong about carrot.

All your arguments were washed away by oda by not only letting her NOT join but not even giving her a goodbye panel and off screening her in most wano.

You are in denial mode and counter arguing with others because you can't face the reality that you were wrong. You can stay like this but this shows you aren't open minded and logical as you portray yourself to be

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Do I agree the set-up of her becoming queen of Zou could have been a lot better? Absolutely.

Do I think it's a "mistake" or Oda being wrong? No. That's delusional. A bit disrespectful if we're being honest here.

You were wrong about carrot.

All your arguments were washed away by oda by not only letting her NOT join but not even giving her a goodbye panel and off screening her in most wano.
My conclusion was washed away. My reasonning still stand for any potential strawhat.

You are in denial mode and counter arguing with others because you can't face the reality that you were wrong.
Sure lol

You can stay like this but this shows you aren't open minded and logical as you portray yourself to be
You still don't understand how I work hehe

It may not be as important to the overall story, but it would certainly be important for Zoro’s character.
That's only your point of view.

Kuina and Ryuma were both Shimotsuki and we could’ve learned more about their lineage.
So you are not talking about a plot hole here but an entierely new storyline that you would have loved to be added here.

This is not about Oda's mistakes its about your illegitimate expectations.

Skipping that feels bizarre.
Only for Zoro fan bois

Do I agree the set-up of her becoming queen of Zou could have been a lot better? Absolutely.

Do I think it's a "mistake" or Oda being wrong? No. That's delusional. A bit disrespectful if we're being honest here.
Its not a mistake if it was setup. But its not "a bit setup" here it was NOT setup AT ALL. This is the definition of a plot hole. At least if Carrot stays on Zou.