Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
1. Fighting Skill - Both powerful and unique. Having a logia fruit along with a dragon imagery based fighting style fits - 1 Point

2. Antagonistic Introduction - Sabo was first introduced in a backstory where he along with Ace were antagonistic towards Luffy - 2 Points

3. Multilayered Personality - Youre actually nuts for not giving this to Sabo who has one of the deepest personalities we’ve seen. Did you skip the ASL backstory? Or did you skip dressrosa where were shown Sabo go through a range of emotions about fighting someone connected to Aces death, carrying his fire, and still being a strong big brother. - 3 Points

4. Symbolic Reach - The flame emperor/incarnation of revolution/Dragon altar ego/Sabos reminiscent of characters for Charles Dickens book Oliver Twist - 4 Points

5. Character Arc - Sabo has to understand the meaning of the D. As Ace gave him a D as a child and was saved by a good king in order to pass on a message about the D. - 5 Points

6. 2 driving forces - Sabo announced his dream as a child to write a book about his travels and his need is to be free away from the stuffiness and dirtiness of the ruling classes - 6 Points

7. The rescue - This happens arc characters join so could happen when Sabo returns

8. The Nakama Need - Sabo said multiple times that he’ll be there for luffy and took Luffys vivre card to help him if needed - 8 points

9. The Post - Luffy the sun god needs someone who will write the story to spread the word of how messed up the world actually is. Sabos book is precisely what that would do. Especially seeing as the world currently gets all their news from a biased source. Post name - Log Keeper same as his parallel from Rogers generation Oden - 9 points

10. Shining moment - Will happen when he returns.

Sabo current score: 38
1. Yes
2. I can actually accept that even if that's not true
3. Woops, I made a mistake (that's the problem of using others copy paste) Indeed, 3 point here also in fact.
4. Check
5. Check
6. The need needs to be still present in the present of the story. The need of his previous storyline was fullfiled. So half the points.
7. No point
8. There is a difference between "being there for Luffy we he needs it" and "fighting for the sake of Luffy at all times" The nakama actively fight FOR Luffy at all point, so no point here sorry.
9. Sorry, nothing in the story was even intro for Sabo plus the role of log keeper is done by Nami. Furthermore, it doesn't help the crew at seas. So no point here sorry.
10. No point.

I was wrong. its indeed not 15 but 18. I edited that. But you need to understand that for Sabo its irrelevant to score a note as he doesn't pass the 5 golden rules. HERE (blog)

Who's will did Ussop/Nami/Zoro inherit? Because uhh... Zoro already wanted to be the best before he even met kuina, sure she bolstered it but gave? Nami I probably just dont remember but did like her adopted mom like maps or something? Thought she was a marine or smth.... Ussop aint know his dad long enough to inherit anything but the nose and lightskin rizz...

Who's will did Ussop/Nami/Zoro inherit?
For Usopp his will is from his Mom + Kuina + His father combined.
Nami its her mother
And Zoro Kuina.

The inherited will is a concept that consist on passing a will from one character or multiple character to another. Its like a passage of torch

Usopp is interesting because he himself created his own will to pass on like his lies. And that's why the reunion with his father might be electric..

1. Fighting Skill - Both powerful and unique. Having a logia fruit along with a dragon imagery based fighting style fits - 1 Point

2. Antagonistic Introduction - Sabo was first introduced in a backstory where he along with Ace were antagonistic towards Luffy - 2 Points

3. Multilayered Personality - Youre actually nuts for not giving this to Sabo who has one of the deepest personalities we’ve seen. Did you skip the ASL backstory? Or did you skip dressrosa where were shown Sabo go through a range of emotions about fighting someone connected to Aces death, carrying his fire, and still being a strong big brother. - 3 Points

4. Symbolic Reach - The flame emperor/incarnation of revolution/Dragon altar ego/Sabos reminiscent of characters for Charles Dickens book Oliver Twist - 4 Points

5. Character Arc - Sabo has to understand the meaning of the D. As Ace gave him a D as a child and was saved by a good king in order to pass on a message about the D. - 5 Points

6. 2 driving forces - Sabo announced his dream as a child to write a book about his travels and his need is to be free away from the stuffiness and dirtiness of the ruling classes - 6 Points

7. The rescue - This happens arc characters join so could happen when Sabo returns

8. The Nakama Need - Sabo said multiple times that he’ll be there for luffy and took Luffys vivre card to help him if needed - 8 points

9. The Post - Luffy the sun god needs someone who will write the story to spread the word of how messed up the world actually is. Sabos book is precisely what that would do. Especially seeing as the world currently gets all their news from a biased source. Post name - Log Keeper same as his parallel from Rogers generation Oden - 9 points

10. Shining moment - Will happen when he returns.

Sabo current score: 38
The arbitrary point system again? :few:

Assuming this is about him being a candidate:

Sabo can be there for Luffy without being part of his crew, just as Ace was for the short amount of time we knew him.

He’s part of the Revolutionary Army, which should automatically close the book (haha) on him joining.

Oda could make it happen, but he’d need a good reason to.

@Logiko

Your pillars suck. Of course you make stupid shit like "shining nakama action“ and give this a million points, just because it benefits Carrot.

So when I tell you a tragic past is the most important "pillar“ and should give 10 million points, of course you will deny that because it does not benefit Carrot.

Not having a pillar for tragic past with the most points instead of this stupid nakama action shit, makes you instantly a shitty analyst. Of course all straw hats will have multiple sHiNinG nAkaMA aCTioNs, they are protagonists. And even you admit it can happen later in the story, so why even use this for determining who will join?

Delete this stupid pillar. Add tragic past with the most points. Or delete them all and Start being more open minded for once.

And Start being neutral, stop with your Carrot obsession. It makes you blind. Also stop thinking you are more intelligent than the others here, you are not. There is something wrong in your head for thinking like that and because of the Obsession of Carrot and the pillars and whatnot. I know you know that there is something wrong with you. Do you really Like being Like this or did you give up?

So when I tell you a tragic past is the most important "pillar“ and should give 10 million points, of course you will deny that because it does not benefit Carrot.
Let's put aside Carrot for a second. What do you think is the most common in One Piece. For a character to have a post on the Sunny, or for a character to have a tragic past ?

Not having a pillar for tragic past with the most points instead of this stupid nakama action shit, makes you instantly a shitty analyst. Of course all straw hats will have multiple sHiNinG nAkaMA aCTioNs, they are protagonists. And even you admit it can happen later in the story, so why even use this for determining who will join?
A tragic past/tragic backstory is just a tool.
What is important in a tragic backstory are not the fact that it is in the past. It is the fact that it gives to the character a DESIRE and a NEED.
A sad backstory is just a storytelling tools that is used to tell those story because its more easy to place them in the past. Simple as that.

so why even use this for determining who will join?
I don't use that as a determination point, I uses that to see who is the CLOSEST in the PRESENT storyline to become a strawhat. Things, like said, can change, and I aknowledge that for Stussy and Bonney. But right now, Carrot is just in the top. But this could change.

Or delete them all and Start being more open minded for once.
I'm open minded, i've already deleted three of those pillar because of a discussion I had with @Sigran101

But saying me "you stuff is shit, delete it", is immature at best, completely ignorant at worse.

And Start being neutral, stop with your Carrot obsession. It makes you blind.
That's what you think, I don't have a Carrot obsession. I'm ok with Carrot not coming back or not joining at all. It's you you have the obsession to see me having one.

If you can do better, go for it.

i------------>.

there's a posible posibility of someone who u never expect to become next straw hat member...

you won't believe that it's this man who might become next straw menber :

JANGO!!!!...

WHY???...becuz many of u expect each blackbeard pirate member will face another straw hat member...

for exemple shiriu of teh rain will face zoro..van augr will face usop..Now who can be match to laffitte teh hypntotizer ????...it's only jango!!!!..

minamoto-San has spoken
:finally:

For Usopp his will is from his Mom + Kuina + His father combined.
Nami its her mother
And Zoro Kuina.

The inherited will is a concept that consist on passing a will from one character or multiple character to another. Its like a passage of torch

Usopp is interesting because he himself created his own will to pass on like his lies. And that's why the reunion with his father might be electric..
minor naming mistake, opinion discarded

But again, Zoro wanted to be the best before meeting Kuina. That and Ussop's is so vague and underwhelming it has to be 3 peoples wills one of which is dead and the other he barely knows.

minor naming mistake, opinion discarded
Woops, Bankina* and Kaya*

But again, Zoro wanted to be the best before meeting Kuina.
The thing is, his character arc is not about being the best. Its secondary. His character arc is about honoring a promise and his dead friend.

For Usopp, that's precisely why its so interesting. Usopp creates his own lie, but he also created his own will. This is because of the legacy he think he has of his father that Usopp started to wanting to become a Pirate and its because of the same legacy that he is wanting to be a proud Warrior, to leave up to this legacy he think he has.

Let's put aside Carrot for a second. What do you think is the most common in One Piece. For a character to have a post on the Sunny, or for a character to have a tragic past ?

A tragic past/tragic backstory is just a tool.
What is important in a tragic backstory are not the fact that it is in the past. It is the fact that it gives to the character a DESIRE and a NEED.
A sad backstory is just a storytelling tools that is used to tell those story because its more easy to place them in the past. Simple as that.

I don't use that as a determination point, I uses that to see who is the CLOSEST in the PRESENT storyline to become a strawhat. Things, like said, can change, and I aknowledge that for Stussy and Bonney. But right now, Carrot is just in the top. But this could change.

I'm open minded, i've already deleted three of those pillar because of a discussion I had with @Sigran101

But saying me "you stuff is shit, delete it", is immature at best, completely ignorant at worse.

That's what you think, I don't have a Carrot obsession. I'm ok with Carrot not coming back or not joining at all. It's you you have the obsession to see me having one.

If you can do better, go for it.
One of the things I disagree mostly about your pillars is actually the point system. Yes there things that are more important but just going that one category is 1 point and the other 10, that’s to much difference.

I would say the most important is the connections with Luffy and how Luffy feels about the character. We have seen robin join when everyone was against it(except Sanji). And Luffy still chose to let her join.

The arbitrary point system again? :few:

Assuming this is about him being a candidate:

Sabo can be there for Luffy without being part of his crew, just as Ace was for the short amount of time we knew him.

He’s part of the Revolutionary Army, which should automatically close the book (haha) on him joining.

Oda could make it happen, but he’d need a good reason to.
There is a good reason to:
1. Sabo isn’t going to ignore Cobras dying wish. As such his story will involve returning to luffy and it will involve finding Vivi.

2. Sabo is literally the Oden parallel of the generation. Hell oda showed that outright wano as such luffy taking the number two of a different top tier to joining his crew at the tail end of the journey to write a book about the adventure would complete the journey.

Yes there things that are more important but just going that one category is 1 point and the other 10, that’s to much difference.
This is a valid post, I can here that. The thing is, we must take into account that there are pillars more important than the other.

So how would you do it ?

I would say the most important is the connections with Luffy and how Luffy feels about the character. We have seen robin join when everyone was against it(except Sanji). And Luffy still chose to let her join.
It would need a new pillar (it was in the original design of the pillar but I decided to scrap it as the other pillar were already doing the job.

That said I'm not against the idea, but this can't be the most important one. Simply because this is something that is very common in One Piece and therefore far from being more important than a post for example which is something that almost clarify a character as a strawhat and is shared by only 11 characters in the story. I would place it in 8th place. With 2 categories:

- A strong connection Luffy to character
AND
- A strong connection character to Luffy

Why ? Because some character have a connection to Luffy (Carrot) but this connection is not reverse in the sence that Luffy doesn't see them as more than a friend.

In this example, Yamato would get 8 points but Carrot only 4

What do you think ? I'm ready to add this pillar.

So how would you do it ?
I would say we need to first identify the 5 most important points and this are also thinks that the strawhats have in common.

I think what we all can agree on are the below points:
  1. having a dream or goal
  2. Having a sad past (this is something that all of them have) this needs to be hinted before joining not necessarily explored
  3. Having a special talent(this can also be derived later) cook, sniper, swordsman, navigator, archaeologist, etc.
I would say we need another 2 points. Luffy is the key factor. After we have this 5 points we can assign them a weight of importance. This is done in percentage.
For example

Luffy liking you 35%
dream 25%
sad past 20%
talent 10% (I don’t put much importance on this because Oda can always make something up if he really want a character that he likes to join the strawhats)
And 10% for another point.
Total comes to 100%

after that you always check how much a character achieves on those categories. Someone who achieves above 70% would have a good chance to join.

also a character can achieve a good score but doesn’t mean he will join. Why? For example characters like Sabo. Dream, sad past, connection to Luffy all are high. He still will not join.

C

Cruxroux

I would say we need to first identify the 5 most important points and this are also thinks that the strawhats have in common.

I think what we all can agree on are the below points:
  1. having a dream or goal
  2. Having a sad past (this is something that all of them have) this needs to be hinted before joining not necessarily explored
  3. Having a special talent(this can also be derived later) cook, sniper, swordsman, navigator, archaeologist, etc.
I would say we need another 2 points. Luffy is the key factor. After we have this 5 points we can assign them a weight of importance. This is done in percentage.
For example

Luffy liking you 35%
dream 25%
sad past 20%
talent 10% (I don’t put much importance on this because Oda can always make something up if he really want a character that he likes to join the strawhats)
And 10% for another point.
Total comes to 100%

after that you always check how much a character achieves on those categories. Someone who achieves above 70% would have a good chance to join.

also a character can achieve a good score but doesn’t mean he will join. Why? For example characters like Sabo. Dream, sad past, connection to Luffy all are high. He still will not join.
This all nullifies as Luffy wanted to recruit Zoro even before he met him.