Spoiler One Piece Chapter 983 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Luffy’s Right Hand Man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stealthblack

DAE just get that 'next nakama' vibe from this?

I dunno, something about this really hasn't made me felt this way since Jinbe back in Impel Down, unique design and everything. Maybe I'm crazy, but I just feel that this is the ONLY Wano character, even through a singular chapter, that has felt like they could potentially be something different from Zoro, fighting style/strength and all.

The mask and chains lead me to believe he probably has some sort of tragic backstory too.

I just feel like a massive payoff from the lack of new nakama is coming, and it wont just be a celebration of Jinbe joining.
Yamato looks Like he could be big rival for luffy in the futute. With most of supernovas as jokes, luffy could use the new kaidou

If he eats Orochi's corpse and obtains his fruit, he could do justice to mythical Yamata no Orochi.
He could be powerful with such fruit, maybe more powerful than his daddy. :believe:
The guy might even have a devil fruit already. I can even see him having those cuffs (likely Kairoseki) to prevent him from using his devil fruit. It could be why the F6 were so confident in being able to get him, they could have underestimated his strength while he has kairoseki cuffs on.

Yamato looks Like he could be big rival for luffy in the futute. With most of supernovas as jokes, luffy could use the new kaidou
Personally, I don't get the "rival" vibe from him. It almost sounds like through his dialogue he believes Luffy will help him with something (escaping/sailing off the island/defeating Kaido/etc). I think after Apoo, we need to stop underestimating supernova, especially Kid.

perospero the mother fucking goat 🐐
Perospero be like " fine I'll do it myself"
Post automatically merged:

Personally, I don't get the "rival" vibe from him. It almost sounds like through his dialogue he believes Luffy will help him with something (escaping/sailing off the island/defeating Kaido/etc). I think after Apoo, we need to stop underestimating supernova, especially Kid.
I'm getting oden vibes from him, he could be a guy who wants to leave wano and have adventures, i dunno we could use some strong crewmember (this is pure speculation)

Perospero be like " fine I'll do it myself"
Post automatically merged:

I'm getting oden vibes from him, he could be a guy who wants to leave wano and have adventures, i dunno we could use some strong crewmember (this is pure speculation)
Exactly my thought on the matter. Yamato strikes me as someone who either witnessed Oden's death or in the least, heard about his character and who he was (his desire to leave Wano, etc). Him waiting for Luffy possibly means that he heard about Luffy through Ace or some foreign news. The fact that he says he waited for him for a "long time" insinuates that Luffy is central to whatever idea he has going on.

Hell, we should know more about his plans next chapter so lets wait and see.

But yes, I do think that we need another high tier combatant aside from Zoro/Sanji/Jinbe. Even if Carrot joins as well (I'll throw the bone), obtaining 2-3 crewmembers at this point to sort of "complete" the crew is a good move by Oda. We are at a point where we pretty much need everyone present for the final adventures. Jinbe, Carrot and Yamato all seem to have pretty unique fighting styles too, very different from the rest of the crew. I personally can see it, but we'll see if Oda goes for another crew member or 2 this arc aside from Jinbe.

Truly a legend he gave us a Zoro vs gifter battle before going on a break now we would be so busy in Zoro vs threads that the break will not even be felt
Expected threads:
Ulti vs Don Chinjao (headbutts).

Kid vs Gifters

Zoro Gifters

Killer vs Gifters

Kid and Killer vs Gifters

You know if only Zoro appears in threads it would mean he keeps living rent free on people minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.