One Piece Chapter 1096: "Kumachi"

Who is the strongest fighter in God Valley?

• Total voters
So marines actually feared Roger more than they did Rocks. :myman:
Rocks seems like a really chill guy like Luffy and Roger. He might be another Noland case where history is complete opposite to the reality.
Just Garp being present made all the difference for those marines.:myman:

Is Oda ACTUALLY planning on off-paneling the God Valley battle? Are we not gonna get a chance to see Rocks vs Garp & Roger?

If that's the case that's a huge disappointment.

Oda is the biggest tease in the history of mangaka. Always leaving out the good shit. But has plenty of panel time for fodder and unnecessary characters.

Great chapter though. 9/10.

kaido end of the luffy bout went on about haki conquers all not df ability
not withstanding the fact he became the "strongest" (quoted because we all know stronger entities exist now) on the back of a df sought after by the strongest pirate groups in history.

I really wish they didnt make the fruit as big of a deal as they made it here.
Post automatically merged:

@comrade
I thought I was going to get some LS (Loss) in God Valley because it was a young Kaido, just as I thought I would get some LS in Kaido's flashback because of his captures, but Oda respects Kaido too much, man. :shame:
its not respect
its the opposite
its placed a lot more importance on the fruit than the individual achievement of the person who ate it.

@Paperchampion23

Idk if you already said this but,

It seems obvious to me that this "treasure" from Hachinosu is not some Devil Fruit, especially not ones that we already know exist.

I think the treasure is something else that ended up being switched with baby Shanks. The Roger Pirates came out victorious in God Valley, and ended up looting and finding this supposed treasure they were looking for. They set sail, open the box, and to their surprise they've been stuck with baby Shanks.

I'm thinking that, for some reason, the Roger Pirates decided to gang up on Garling. In exchange, he offered them the prized treasure (which he won by being champion of the hunt) for his life. Little did they know, he secretly swapped out the treasure with his own son and kept it to himself.
:crazwhat:

Damn lol i could see this.

garling would be nasty for that
but would fit his character lmao
Wouldnt surprise me tbh. Im not one to think Shanks was some sleeper agent sent to spy on Roger as a baby, but I do entirely believe his upbringing under both Roger and his lineage is allowing him to play both sides of that coin. We see way too many contradictory things with his character (talking to Gorosei, yet helping Luffy, yet he has the intention to go after One Piece and his fleet, etc).

To me it just feels like Shanks needs all puzzles in place perfectly for things to happen (i.e. Sun God Nika somewhere at the right moment)

I am just gonna go out on a limb and say York was designed after Ginny or is somehow meant to represent her.

I could brush aside both having freckles and being big eaters but apparently Ginny also knows her stuff about tech in her age and she seems to be doing the same thing as York by making people flood into Egghead.

We even have Saturn just like on God Valley.
BB is somewhere who seems to have ties to Rocks somehow.
We have Luffy and I dont think I have to explain him being some mirror image to Roger.
Marines are there.
CP0.
We have Kuma in major focus too.

I feel like York may have triggered a 2nd God Valley. More people may show up as well.

I am just gonna go out on a limb and say York was designed after Ginny or is somehow meant to represent her.

I could brush aside both having freckles and being big eaters but apparently Ginny also knows her stuff about tech in her age and she seems to be doing the same thing as York by making people flood into Egghead.

We even have Saturn just like on God Valley.
BB is somewhere who seems to have ties to Rocks somehow.
We have Luffy and I dont think I have to explain him being some mirror image to Roger.
Marines are there.
CP0.
We have Kuma in major focus too.

I feel like York may have triggered a 2nd God Valley. More people may show up as well.
Damn that was a great theory

They just had their bad futures.
Hence how Shakky doesnt seem to have aged a day and she seems to be happy getting the Rayleigh D. and as some suggest, even having a little family.
You might be onto something here, maybe love sickness makes you end up small and not so pretty if you don't end up with your loved one. Both Stussy and Gloriosa seem to have ended up alone unlike Shakky.

Last edited: