Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Men it feel so fresh to see female character strong and without joking around. Pageone even ask why Ulti transform into her hybird form, she directly know that Luffy was a big tier and she need to use her full power. She even little sweat which show again how strong Luffy is.

Ulti confirmed to have CoO and CoA overall in this chapter. Both Luffy and Ulti beeing for me the mvp of this chapter.
Paegone wasnt questioning why she went hybrid, he too knew luffy was strong and said hey sis, lets transform! And she answered i know!

This cover story isn't getting any better, I hope we are done with it soon because it's frankly dull and that Pound's survival is just ridiculous.

Perospero used his candy to cross the waterfall, this confirms that the Big Mom Pirates could have crossed it and reached Wano or Onigashima a long time ago if Oda had just let them use their powers as I suspected which makes this scene with Marco even more ridiculous. I hope that Perospero is not alone and that his siblings will follow him because it would be again too lazy and convenient writing to come to Onigashima alone, plus it would be lame to see an alliance between Kaido and Big Mom without seeing common fights and interactions between the members of the Beast Pirates and the Big Mom Pirates even if this alliance will certainely fall apart in Act 4.

So the Brachio Tank can uses General Franky's legs to run away, at least Big Mom stopped chasing Usopp and Chopper and is now heading for Nami's group and Zeus. So much for her having been injured by the Brachio Tank btw. She has also started to create new Homies, it would be cool if she creates a new one with special abilities while in Onigashima.

Sanji has been used in many ridiculous ways for the sake of comedy but him going to find prostitutes while in ennemy's territory and during a raid on at least one Yonko is really cringeworthy writing from Oda.

Orochi and Kaido didn't waste any time at crucifying Momonosuke, I guess that Orochi plans to bait the alliance and especially the Red Scabbards into blowing their covers and to be trapped by his and Kaido's forces by making it a public show. Of course Momonosuke isn't going to die but it will surely cause at least a portion of the samurais and ninjas to recklessly try to rescue him.

Zoro, Kid and Killer are facing the Gifters who give them real but not too big troubles with them having bruised and painting though without grave injuries. This chapter confirms that many of the Beast Pirates including the Gifters are former pirates that were crushed by Kaido after defying him and were broken into serving him.

It's really nice to see how protective Ulti is of Page One, she also confirms how stong she is physically with her headbutting Luffy and with Luffy acknowledging her strength and him deciding to use G4 while she is in her Zoan form. However it's clear that Luffy has been nerfed for several chapters and while I love Ulti I don't think she would have stood much of a chance if Luffy really used Future Sight or Penetration Armament. This was surely a way to make the Flying Six look good and to hype Yamato who looks very strong (though I do not see him at least as strong as King for now).
I also like that despite him being embarrassed by Ulti being protective of him and being annoyed by her antics Page One does return her sister's affection and is protective of her too.

Yamato makes his appearances with a Hannia mask covering his face and with broken cuffs at his hands, he seems to have really taken after his father in terms of physical power and fighting style but obviously not in terms of personnality with him saving Luffy and saying that he has longed to see him for a long time.
Honnestly while I expected Yamato to have an antagonistic relationship with his father and that he may have eventually become friend with Momonosuke I think it should have been better for him to not be pal with Luffy and the alliance immediatly and to be at least distrusful of them for being ennemies of his father.
His depiction really makes it look like he's a fan of Oden and has the same ideas of freedom and exploring the world than Oden.

O

Omaiwaa

Great chapter! I wonder what role Perospero will play in all this, & what happened to the rest of the crew BMP 🤔?

Ulti is strong! To push Luffy into using G4 and hurting his CoA covered head are no small feats.. Makes me wonder how the rest will perform combat wise. Zoans are finally getting the respect they deserve it seems

Yamato being an ally & 5 meters tall.. Katakuri confirmed?! (Jk, though I wouldn't be against it :kayneshrug:)

* Peros got the right idea
* The tank Running mode is hilarious. Looks like its pantless creator
:fransuper:
* Sanji got the right idea
:sanmoji:

* YES!!! I was really hoping for the one-eyed umbrella yokai to make an appearance.

* Was not expecting Ulti’s Dino df, but it’s perfect for her personally.

* Pg 1 shoulda gone hybrid, less of a target

* Yamato’s weapon is cooler than his papas

Haven't finished reading actual chapter because from page 6 onwards my phone won't load the pages

But
Reminder for all Yamato future wankers to think again, think before you wank him.
His introduction isn't as great as you wish, him just sneak attacking his dad' subordinate that is being distracted and in the middle of fighting, with a named attack. She can also just wake up again next chapter despite her white eyes, just like what Luffy did after Apoo's sneak attack.

And after that cowardice own dad's subordinate and running away, next line he says is "waah don't hurt me~!!" which shows he's a scrub if he isn't being sarcastic.

People wants him to be young Kaido.
People wants him to be like Oden (not sure how this is a positive trait).
People wants him to be stronger than King whose first action was lol diffing a Yonko without any named attack and traumatizing her Strongest Veteran.

While actually he only cheap shots distracted Ulti and there is a chance she will wake up next chapter only getting furious and irritated.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
A few observations, I enjoy Oda's attention to detail.

Who is talking in this panel? It can't be Yamato, P1, or Ulti

Black Maria is going to be pissed at her brothel being damaged

No wonder P1 was kinda groggy, Utli messed him up on those stairs lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we know the presence of haki can be sensed?

Since I think these guys are all members of Sasaki's crew, it looks like he and possibly other F6 members once strived to be PK

Oh and I'll bet my avy that Sasaki's DF is an insect zoan.​

Goddamit. Here I thought this was the first chapter to not have something stupid in it

Why the fuck is Queen nit chasing after Luffy and company? For fucks sake Fukurokuju literally says Queen was the one handling the luffy situation and we turn the page and this fuckin idiot has already forgotten them. Fuckin stupidity

Goddamit. Here I thought this was the first chapter to not have something stupid in it

Why the fuck is Queen nit chasing after Luffy and company? For fucks sake Fukurokuju literally says Queen was the one handling the luffy situation and we turn the page and this fuckin idiot has already forgotten them. Fuckin stupidity
Well if you're looking for stupidity there's no need to look at the chapter

Just look at cover story and you will already find it

Luffy fans and Ulti fans goin be doin damage controls these next 2 weeks is luffy overated? Is Ulti overhype? Did she get oneshot? One of these question goin come true and People goin downplay Page one to make Ulti look Better even tho he didn't get knock down on Panel fuck some of you Ulti Simps and last thing this chapter just proves Apoo stronger than these two 2v1 and only thing happen crack luffy skull a lil not much blood or knockout and Pin Down :pepapoo::pepapoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.