Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I will once again remind everyone of Kizaru's inevitable joining. On top of possessing the secret 7 character sauces, he also slots nicely as a answer to Blackbeards Admiral. Oda is a genius, but he is whimsical and imposes strange restrictions on himself. One of which is undoubtedly "I cannot allow my main villain to have a more impressive (lore and capability wise) crew than the SHs EOS".

Kizaru's role? Combatant, specifically a crowd control / body guard role. He can be wherever is needed on the battlefield at any time which will guarantee the weaker Straw Hats don't get separated and caught out by an Admiral+ (like Ussop was this arc). Considering we'll have dozens running around in the final war, the threat remains real to all but the monster trio (who will likely be given 1v1s). Only one yellow monkey after all.

Not to mention it makes for a neat comparison to Aokiji. They'd both break away from the Navy, but the one we expect to join up with the SHs joins blackbeard, and the last Admiral (not counting FA smokes-a-lot) we would expect to join, does. Aokiji has a warm heart and operates in the cold shadows, while Kizaru has a cold heart and operates in the warm sunlight.

Maybe they could even both betray, and the teams rebalance to match initial expectations.

Now people have no choice but to acknowledge the dark horse nakama. They don't see the potential of Kizarus character for a possible redemption arc, the thematic undertones he's drenched in, and most obviously his personal detachment from his job and actions. He doesn't even necessarily love the WG or CDs from what we see. He just see's them above him on the food chain, and accepts it.

He'd be one of the few top tiers with next to no passion behind his actions, which makes little sense in a world of big personalities and bigger dreams. Unless its all pent up in him....

@Logiko

So if Yamato just reappear in the story pur of the blue and joins, then you would by surprised right? Because if that happens, that means it happened with no signs, right? Or will you deny that it would surprise you?

I have 2 more questions for you, I really would appreciate if you answer them

First question:

Did One Piece ever surprised you story related? Would you say Oda is predictable or unpredicatble?

Second question:

How can you be so confident that many characters will not join the crew, but even though Carrot got sidelined hard, so sidelined that no sane person would call her a main protagonist, you think she has such a high chance to join? Is it just because of your pillars?

If the answer is yes, then you should stop believing in your pillars. It seems they make you blind, because you dont see how unimportant Carrot in reality is. Did you skip Wano?

One last thing: The reason why most of the people find you annoying here is the fact that you are extremely biased towards Carrot and act like you are not. But we all know you are, because you still think Carrot is a main character even though its more than obvious she is not. We all see that, but for whatever reason you are not.

For example: you would never change your pillar points system, if it would dethrone Carrot from being number 1. We all tell you it doesnt make sense, you make stuff up and make words that never existed, you attribute points that gives Carrot the advantage way more than other characters Just so she stays in number 1, you even believe your words more than you would Oda, all that for Carrot.

I really want to understand you, I explained what I think of you, and to be honest from my point of view, you come off a little insane, its really hard to take you seriously, and its not only me who feels this way, hopefully you understand why after all that explanation.

Take this as your last chance to clear some things up please.

So if Yamato just reappear in the story pur of the blue and joins, then you would by surprised right? Because if that happens, that means it happened with no signs, right? Or will you deny that it would surprise you?
Indeed. It would be very surprising.

Did One Piece ever surprised you story related? Would you say Oda is predictable or unpredicatble?
Two things here.

- Yes One Piece surprises me everyweek in term of storytelling even if I can sometimes predict some of the plotpoints. But the way they are constructed are always interesting.

- Oda is very impredictible in certain situation and quite predictible in others. Mainly unpredictible in term of narration, but his plot points can be predictibles.

Is it just because of your pillars?
Yes, simply because of my pillar and a strong gut feeling that something is special about her.

There is a few things that trigger that gut feeling.
- First, the way she was introduced, it was too cinematic for such a secondary protagonist
- Second the symbolism behind her characterization. Everything points to Carrot being related to the concept of the dusk or the dawn, from her being a litteral rabbit to her having ties with the opposite faction representing night. She was literally created as the link between the night and the day. Meaning that either Oda knew from the begiining that she was meant to become QUeen and therefore a realtionship with the crew and the lookout post is strange OR she is meants for more. That can be for joining the crew or for a more important role about the dawn in the future.
- Thid, the way she was depicted at her post and chapter 888. An action that only happens to the strawhats.

There is something weird with Carrot and I created my theory to not only see if Carrot had what it take to become a strawhat but also to explain why she was constructed in such a way.

If the answer is yes, then you should stop believing in your pillars. It seems they make you blind, because you dont see how unimportant Carrot in reality is. Did you skip Wano?
THe pillar are just the result of a tentative of an explanation of an already existing phenomenon (what I talked about just before)

It seems they make you blind, because you dont see how unimportant Carrot in reality is. Did you skip Wano?
I know that. And like I said.. this is part of the strange treatment of Carrot. Remember what I said earlier. Carrot is constructed since the beginning as the link between the night and the day. Meaning that Oda had already for her in mind the concept of Dawn and therefore of QUeen of the mink tribe. Her projection out of the spotlight in Wano is therefore a very big mystery that needs to be explained.

For example: you would never change your pillar points system
I already did, multiple times here.

I ereased some of them and added others.

Carrot and act like you are not. But we all know you are, because you still think Carrot is a main character even though its more than obvious she is not. We all see that, but for whatever reason you are not.
Ive never hidden the fact that I may be bias with Carrot, but even with some bias, the mysteries I've described to you still exists and needs to be explained.

if it would dethrone Carrot from being number 1
Dude, Carrot is not number 1. Vivi is right now. Carrot is 2 points behind Vivi.

Vivi has exactly what Carrot lacks and invert.

I really want to understand you, I explained what I think of you, and to be honest from my point of view, you come off a little insane, its really hard to take you seriously, and its not only me who feels this way, hopefully you understand why after all that explanation.
I understand that my stubborness can be destabilizing. But you need to get rid of the bias you have about me and actuallly read what I'm writing.
Just look at my argumentation and you will see that my goal is not to defend Carrot but to EXPLAIN Carrot:

1. Vivi is number 1.
2. I'm trying to explain mysteries about the storytelling of Carrot:

> If Carrot was meant to be a Queen, why the focus on the post?
> If Carrot was meant to be a strawhat, why the unfocus on Wano and the plotpoint about the ruler of Mokomo?