Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

KonyaruIchi

๐Ÿ‘‘๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐Ÿ‘‘
โ€Ž
My new cope is that it's like the barrel oath they took. Not all current Straw Hats were present for it, but are just as valid members.
Little known detail, caribou was inside the barrel when they made that oath, which guarantees his position as a nakama :kata:

Oh yes, the mysteries of Carrot that still need to be solved. @Logiko are we still waiting for the 12 chapter flashback on why her cape is green?
There might be nothing at all and it could simply be a writing artefacts..

..but some things are too strange:
- Carrot appeared October 26, 2015 we only have the confirmation that she was under Pedro's September 16, 2017 and we have the official colors of Carrot on volume 81 released April 4, 2016. So there is at least 1 year between the fact that Oda knew Carrot was under Pedro and the actual confirmation.​
> This means that Oda had probably already in mind the fact that Pedro was the mentor of Carrot and also that he was gonna die under Carrot eyes and the impact it had on her the moment he started creating Carrot. That possibility is important because it tells us a lot about the creationg of this "side character".​
- In chapter 811 released on January 4, 2016, Carrot is confirmed to be a Kingsbird. At this point we know that Oda already had probably in mind the fact that Carrot was coming on the sea for a long time. But this is used for Carrot to hear the story of Pekom and setup her entrance later.​
> But this is also ANOTHER indication that Carrot makes the link between night and day. For all we know, Oda couldve written Carrot as part of the guardians but he choose specifically to make her a musketteer and appear earlier.​
> Also note that at this point Oda had already Sulong in mind. And looking at the way he constructed Carrot he most probably had also in mind the fact that Carrot would be the first and most impressive Sulong moment in the Manga. Meaning that 888 was ALREADY (most likely) planned at the beginning of Zou.​
-- > Now we also need to point out different things. First the characterization of Carrot. Oda had already in mind the double and radical change in personnality in Carrot, one representing the SUN, the other representing the MOON. Secondly, Oda made Carrot a rabbit, and rabbit are crepuscular (I'm sure Oda knows that as he love them) meaning that they are most active at DUSK and DAWN. And thirdly, Carrot inherited Pedro's will, the will of the captain of the NOX pirates.

So... Oda had ALL THOSE THINGS in mind in ZOu and what those things are .. are the link of Carrot with the theme of the link between the night and the day. In another word, the Dawn.

This means if if allows us to go farther, that he most probably also had in mind that Carrot would become the QUEEN/RULER of Zou.

And.... spoiler.. Everything here.. checks out. And is perfectly logical and we need no more explanation.

BUT

1. Oda also put Carrot in focus on the LOOK OUT post. Something he didn't have to do. And this is not a little focus like one or two chapters, its a long term milking of her skills and her post from her introduction to the end of Whole cake.

2. Oda choosed to let Carrot be with the strawhat the ENTIRE Wano time. EVEN when she is not on screen. This is not logical. If she is meant to be the queen of the minks, there is no reason to put her with the strawhats on multiple occasion and furthermore to put her in moment with the strawhats like this one:

3. If Carrot is meant to rule the Mokokomokomo komo kindgom, then the logical thing to do for Oda during whole cake and Wano would be:
> To make her win her fights
> To build up her leadership skills

Again, its almost a certainty that Oda planned for Carrot to become Queen from the beginning so those things shouldve been in Whole cake.

But he did the OPPOSITE
> He make her loses her fight MULTIPLE time
> He challenged her innocence
> He constructed her like a naive person
> He puts her under others leadership like Chopper.

---

So there are THREE points of mysteries surrounding Carrot's writing that needs to be explained. And the two most simplest answer are those ones:

- Either Carrot is meant to become a better ruler later and have a shining moment in the story again and something related to the dawn

- Either Carrot will discover that she is not meant to lead Zou, but to follow her desire for adventure and follow the strawhats.

Indeed. It would be very surprising.

Two things here.

- Yes One Piece surprises me everyweek in term of storytelling even if I can sometimes predict some of the plotpoints. But the way they are constructed are always interesting.

- Oda is very impredictible in certain situation and quite predictible in others. Mainly unpredictible in term of narration, but his plot points can be predictibles.

Yes, simply because of my pillar and a strong gut feeling that something is special about her.

There is a few things that trigger that gut feeling.
- First, the way she was introduced, it was too cinematic for such a secondary protagonist
- Second the symbolism behind her characterization. Everything points to Carrot being related to the concept of the dusk or the dawn, from her being a litteral rabbit to her having ties with the opposite faction representing night. She was literally created as the link between the night and the day. Meaning that either Oda knew from the begiining that she was meant to become QUeen and therefore a realtionship with the crew and the lookout post is strange OR she is meants for more. That can be for joining the crew or for a more important role about the dawn in the future.
- Thid, the way she was depicted at her post and chapter 888. An action that only happens to the strawhats.

There is something weird with Carrot and I created my theory to not only see if Carrot had what it take to become a strawhat but also to explain why she was constructed in such a way.

THe pillar are just the result of a tentative of an explanation of an already existing phenomenon (what I talked about just before)

I know that. And like I said.. this is part of the strange treatment of Carrot. Remember what I said earlier. Carrot is constructed since the beginning as the link between the night and the day. Meaning that Oda had already for her in mind the concept of Dawn and therefore of QUeen of the mink tribe. Her projection out of the spotlight in Wano is therefore a very big mystery that needs to be explained.

I already did, multiple times here.

I ereased some of them and added others.

Ive never hidden the fact that I may be bias with Carrot, but even with some bias, the mysteries I've described to you still exists and needs to be explained.

Dude, Carrot is not number 1. Vivi is right now. Carrot is 2 points behind Vivi.

Vivi has exactly what Carrot lacks and invert.

I understand that my stubborness can be destabilizing. But you need to get rid of the bias you have about me and actuallly read what I'm writing.
Just look at my argumentation and you will see that my goal is not to defend Carrot but to EXPLAIN Carrot:

1. Vivi is number 1.
2. I'm trying to explain mysteries about the storytelling of Carrot:

> If Carrot was meant to be a Queen, why the focus on the post?
> If Carrot was meant to be a strawhat, why the unfocus on Wano and the plotpoint about the ruler of Mokomo?
Ok I understand. I dont agree with you that Carrot is special and imo you extremely overanalize Carrot but I understand you better now. We all are biased somehow and we all have our reasonings. You are just a bit more special than the average here. I will not attack you anymore, though I will still enjoy the memes about Carrot and pillars and whatnot. Glad you are a hard nut to crack to my entertainment.

Ok I understand. I dont agree with you that Carrot is special and imo you extremely overanalize Carrot but I understand you better now. We all are biased somehow and we all have our reasonings. You are just a bit more special than the average here. I will not attack you anymore, though I will still enjoy the memes about Carrot and pillars and whatnot. Glad you are a hard nut to crack to my entertainment.
Yup, maybe I'm overanalysing Carrot. Its possible, but I honestly don't think so. I think that if we see Carrot again, as we say in french:

"Les carottes sont cuite."

Yup, maybe I'm overanalysing Carrot. Its possible, but I honestly don't think so. I think that if we see Carrot again, as we say in french:

"Les carottes sont cuite."
At least you admit that maybe you are overanalysing Carrot. Thats something.

For reasons I cant tell right now, I'm less confident for Bonney joining. Caribou I never believed in but as a fan of "we need a Logia in the crew" there was a small hope. But all hope gone now after Oda saying he did not hear Luffy's dream.

But in return that means knowing Luffy's second dream is something only really important characters should know. Yamato knows it hmmโ€ฆ

At least you admit that maybe you are overanalysing Carrot. Thats something.
Of course, its completely possible. But look at what I said to sigran:

There might be nothing at all and it could simply be a writing artefacts..

..but some things are too strange:
- Carrot appeared October 26, 2015 we only have the confirmation that she was under Pedro's September 16, 2017 and we have the official colors of Carrot on volume 81 released April 4, 2016. So there is at least 1 year between the fact that Oda knew Carrot was under Pedro and the actual confirmation.> This means that Oda had probably already in mind the fact that Pedro was the mentor of Carrot and also that he was gonna die under Carrot eyes and the impact it had on her the moment he started creating Carrot. That possibility is important because it tells us a lot about the creationg of this "side character".- In chapter 811 released on January 4, 2016, Carrot is confirmed to be a Kingsbird. At this point we know that Oda already had probably in mind the fact that Carrot was coming on the sea for a long time. But this is used for Carrot to hear the story of Pekom and setup her entrance later.> But this is also ANOTHER indication that Carrot makes the link between night and day. For all we know, Oda couldve written Carrot as part of the guardians but he choose specifically to make her a musketteer and appear earlier.> Also note that at this point Oda had already Sulong in mind. And looking at the way he constructed Carrot he most probably had also in mind the fact that Carrot would be the first and most impressive Sulong moment in the Manga. Meaning that 888 was ALREADY (most likely) planned at the beginning of Zou.-- > Now we also need to point out different things. First the characterization of Carrot. Oda had already in mind the double and radical change in personnality in Carrot, one representing the SUN, the other representing the MOON. Secondly, Oda made Carrot a rabbit, and rabbit are crepuscular (I'm sure Oda knows that as he love them) meaning that they are most active at DUSK and DAWN. And thirdly, Carrot inherited Pedro's will, the will of the captain of the NOX pirates.

So... Oda had ALL THOSE THINGS in mind in ZOu and what those things are .. are the link of Carrot with the theme of the link between the night and the day. In another word, the Dawn.

This means if if allows us to go farther, that he most probably also had in mind that Carrot would become the QUEEN/RULER of Zou.

And.... spoiler.. Everything here.. checks out. And is perfectly logical and we need no more explanation.

BUT

1. Oda also put Carrot in focus on the LOOK OUT post. Something he didn't have to do. And this is not a little focus like one or two chapters, its a long term milking of her skills and her post from her introduction to the end of Whole cake.

2. Oda choosed to let Carrot be with the strawhat the ENTIRE Wano time. EVEN when she is not on screen. This is not logical. If she is meant to be the queen of the minks, there is no reason to put her with the strawhats on multiple occasion and furthermore to put her in moment with the strawhats like this one:

3. If Carrot is meant to rule the Mokokomokomo komo kindgom, then the logical thing to do for Oda during whole cake and Wano would be:
> To make her win her fights
> To build up her leadership skills

Again, its almost a certainty that Oda planned for Carrot to become Queen from the beginning so those things shouldve been in Whole cake.

But he did the OPPOSITE
> He make her loses her fight MULTIPLE time
> He challenged her innocence
> He constructed her like a naive person
> He puts her under others leadership like Chopper.

---

So there are THREE points of mysteries surrounding Carrot's writing that needs to be explained. And the two most simplest answer are those ones:

- Either Carrot is meant to become a better ruler later and have a shining moment in the story again and something related to the dawn

- Either Carrot will discover that she is not meant to lead Zou, but to follow her desire for adventure and follow the strawhats.
From a storytelling perspective, there is a narrative paradoxe:

- Carrot is constructed as a Queen
And at the same time
- Carrot is constructed as the opposite of a Queen

This is not logical. UNLESS.. unless if Carrot is meant to become a BETTER Queen and have a relationship to the dawn in the story later OR if Carrot is meant to join the crew later.