Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the Zeff thing got addressed in Sanji’s and Reiju’s conversation. I get that a lot of people didn’t think enough was done with that plotline but it definitely did addressed
No Reiju said Zeff was targeted because the Vinsmokes told Big mom about him and that it would be fine if Sanji just escaped and let the Vinsmokes suffer the punishment for all of it

Reiju said Zeff was safe under the assumption that the Vinsmokes would be the ones to actually get the full brunt of Big mom’s anger for the wedding party getting canceled

Do you understand? Reiju knows that Big mom always punishes whoever messes with her tea parties and is only saying Zeff is safe because she wants the Vinsmokes to be the ones that get punished in this situation

this obviously doesn’t address the fact that Sanji CAME BACK… Their conversation ends with Sanji running off and Reiju believing that the Vinsmokes will get fucked for it… This entire thing falls apart, when Sanji actually comes back and actually does directly fuck with Big mom and tries to kill her… after Sanji does this, nothing about what Reiju thought the consequences of this whole thing would be matters anymore

man we already wen though these arguments like half a decade ago now. I’m not in the mood of rehashing them. And that includes how lame this whole germa genes thing was too

People have been clamoring for One Piece to get darker for years and when Oda finally gives the people what they want, they do a 180 in a heartbeat lmao.

Crazy.
In One Piece it's at least never (if rarely) shown. The implications work well enough to paint the picture.
Berserk will spend a whole chapter showing a goat demon rape women with his two foot long member and consider it plot development lol

The only reason this is shit writing is because the climax of Kuma’s misery is seeing Goofy dancing all around the place
In Oda’s mind that is supposed to redeem all the crap that happened to the man

Kuma at the very least has to pull some swag moment against Saturn
Kuma probably already tried to do something to Saturn but he failed miserably and he realized that he couldn't deal with Saturn, that's the next part of the flashback.

So his only hope is Nika.

Chapter 1099 will be named "Sun God Nika".

I mean, no? I wouldn't call literal slavery and genocide for example more taboo honestly? And it was already implied heavily the celestial dragons were sexually assaulting the female slaves before, too, it's just that in this case it was explicitly mentioned instead of hinted at. I'm not saying it's not uncomfortable, but I would say it absolutely fits the behaviour and known history of CDs :few:
Idk what to tell you, rape is definitely more taboo. There’s a reason why writers are okay with showing on screen deaths, slaves and what not but are iffy about showing full blown rape or insinuation of it.

it’s a reflection of the culture. If you were to round up a bunch of people and asked them “would you rather get a. Killed b. Torture or C. Raped” option C will have the least votes

Rape is way more taboo than those two. Not many writers touch it

????

I’m like the opposite of that. People wanted the entire scabbards to die. I was of the mindset that piling up bodies doesn’t mean good storytelling
One piece chapter 1 showed a pirate kidnap a kid and later we see that he left the kid to be eaten by the Sea monster. Racism, slavery, tyranny is taboo too. This isn't him promoting it, did you think Celestials just drank tea with those slaves? Did you forget Hiyori had to hide in the brothels? In a pirate based manga, did you think no one has ever tried it? We don't support violence but mate this is a world of oppression where the ruler destroys an entire island just to have fun and you have a problem that there is a talk of rape? :gokulaugh:

Don't know why people are loosing their minds about the rape. Oda already introduced slavery, civil War and genocide. Rape is nothing compared to these.
Yes, it is. Rape does serious damage to women mentally and physically. There is a reason why many rape victims suffer chronic depression, anxiety, PTSD, alcoholism, drug abuse, unable to form healthy sexual relationships, and/or distrust of men. It is just as bad as all the things you mention, and the fact that you don't understand that says something about you.

Kuma probably already tried to do something to Saturn but he failed miserably and he realized that he couldn't deal with Saturn, that's the next part of the flashback.

So his only hope is Nika.

Chapter 1099 will be named "Sun God Nika".
na its tryant luma .
The king is back Kuma about to go crazy .

Status
Not open for further replies.