Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CDs kidnapped Nami or Robin, raped them, and gave them a terminal illness. Luffy would go full Rocks D Xebec on their ass.

Dragon is truly a fraud for watching all of his comrades get fucked, both literally and metaphorically by the CDs and doing absolutely nothing.

I can only speak for myself; I think it’s as benign as possible, but the term “racism” doesn’t automatically denote malignant intent, anything that reinforces a stereotype - whether positive or negative - is technically racist. The VIZ translation definitely makes a bland remark almost entirely wan, so I doubt anyone would get up in arms about it, but it can easily be construed as insensitive.
I think we disagree somewhat on the definitions. For example, the edited panel of Usopp generalizing about blacks did strike me as "weird in a wrong way", so to speak, even if it was about them having a mysterious power, while the original joke about afros just stroke me as "random as hell" and not necessarily entirely tied to race (there are white people with afros like Bob Ross). Is defining the looks of "a Karen" as a "blonde woman" racist?

I don't know, I may just see it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.