Character Discussion Mihawk never going to Wano is bad writing

I doubted him carrying Sandai too, until we saw 1033 where he jumped off Onigashima to save Sandai & his consequent flashbacks of how he got his current 3 set. That changed my mind, this is gonna be his final 3.
Sandai = 3
Zoro uses 3 swords

Nidai = 2
Momonosuke will use 2 swords

Shodai = 1
Luffy will use 1 sword…
:pepebusi:

i don’t really get the plot hole…. A swordsman of Mihawks caliber in Wano would’ve deterred Kaido from Wano. That alone would explain why Mihawk didn’t waste his time traveling into the country. Us readers know the samurai on average are great swordsman compared to citizens of other countries/islands but when it comes to actual sword prowess they don’t match up to the top tiers

Midhawk's character has always been pretty bad and contradictory; on the one hand it seems to be implied that he's looking for some great fight, but he hides out in paradise with a bunch of monkeys and consistently backs down from challenging fights.

It's just embarrassing at this point.

It’s just Oda’s poor handling of such sidelined plot elements that he doesn’t care about that much.
He’d probably just say that Mihawk forgot about the nation of swordsmen.

Because I think it’d be cool for luffy to get a weapon and we’ve luffy with swords on multiple occasions. Plus all the other emperors have weapons
We have seen him fail to use them on two occasions, why waste a supreme blade on someone who won't treat it properly?

He's Luffy, he won't get a weapon.

Why would Mihawk go to an Island that was already conquered by someone else? The entire Country fell to Kaido. Do you think that screams "There are countless strong Swordmen here!" Their most renowned Swordsman died, and the rest of the Country didn't have the strength to keep Kaido and his crew from taking over....

Mihawk didn't go to Wano, because there was no need to. He didn't have to go there to know there was nobody there worth fighting.

Him going to Wano would have been bad writing. It would have made him seem incompetent to not know that there were no worthy opponents in a Country that was already completely subdued by an outside force.

People who are disagreeing with the OP by bringing up the fact that Wano’s Samurai are actually weak isn’t a good argument. Mihawk was introduced literally chasing Don Krieg and his men in the East Blue out of boredom lmao. Purely on a scale of Mihawk’s interest, Wano would certainly be on the top of his go-to list when it was described like this:

How does the world’s strongest swordsman not even set foot in a land with seemingly renowned swordsmen? It’s a plot hole plain and simple.