Character Discussion Mihawk never going to Wano is bad writing

We have seen him fail to use them on two occasions, why waste a supreme blade on someone who won't treat it properly?

He's Luffy, he won't get a weapon.
And we also technically saw him successfully use one while in nightmare mode. If he learns more skills outside of his haki and devil fruit it’d be cool imo
Whitebeard and roger have one I don’t see why luffy can’t

Maybe

People who are disagreeing with the OP by bringing up the fact that Wano’s Samurai are actually weak isn’t a good argument. Mihawk was introduced literally chasing Don Krieg and his men in the East Blue out of boredom lmao. Purely on a scale of Mihawk’s interest, Wano would certainly be on the top of his go-to list when it was described like this:

How does the world’s strongest swordsman not even set foot in a land with seemingly renowned swordsmen? It’s a plot hole plain and simple.
Mihawk chases Don Krieg, not just because of his boredom, but as a member of the Shichibukai, he is obligated to hunt down pirates as part of his agreement to the World Government. He doesn't just go after weak pirates who try to enter the Grandline because "boredom".

Mihawk doesn't want to fight Shanks, because Shanks lost an arm. What makes you think he wants to fight Swordsmen who can't even compete with him using his mini knife? How embarrassing would that be for the WSS to seek out weaker opponents? He's the WSS, they should be seeking him out.

And you can't really rely on what Brook is saying. He is recollecting back to more than 50 years ago, prior to it's fall against Kaido. The reason the WG hasn't approached Wano in the past 20 years, is because of Kaido.

And we also technically saw him successfully use one while in nightmare mode. If he learns more skills outside of his haki and devil fruit it’d be cool imo
Whitebeard and roger have one I don’t see why luffy can’t

Maybe
Because Roger is a swordsman and Whitebeard is a halberdier.

Nightmare Luffy was literally using other people's skillset so of course he used one there. Well, I'll keep in mind that you wish Luffy was a swordsman.

Rhea

Cattitude
I believe he really wants to, but because his ship makes it impossible to climb that extreme waterfall he prefers not to go there.

Whitebeard is a halberdier.
:yurazclear::risicheck:
Nightmare Luffy was literally using other people's skillset so of course he used one there. Well, I'll keep in mind that you wish Luffy was a swordsman.
All he needs to learn are basic skills
Same way king can use a sword and not be a swordsman. Same way every marine including the admiral has some basic sword skills. It could be like how big mom hasn’t always had napoleon.

Most characters know how to use a weapon. Doesn’t mean they always have to use it. Like katakuri, whitebeard, king, queen, franky, pica, kizaru, big mom, Blackbeard, etc.

We even see even Marco hold a sword in the past

It's a real word.

All he needs to learn are basic skills
Same way king can use a sword and not be a swordsman. Same way every marine including the admiral has some basic sword skills. It could be like how big mom hasn’t always had napoleon.

Most characters know how to use a weapon. Doesn’t mean they always have to use it. Like katakuri, whitebeard, king, queen, franky, pica, kizaru, big mom, Blackbeard, etc.

We even see even Marco hold a sword in the past
Which he ditched probably once he got a fruit, like Teach his claw.

I get it, you want Luffy to be a swordsman too, I'm not telling you not to want it, just that it won't happen unless he carries it around as decoration. And it'd be a real shame for me to see a supreme blade mistreated like that.

It's a real word.

Which he ditched probably once he got a fruit, like Teach his claw.

I get it, you want Luffy to be a swordsman too, I'm not telling you not to want it, just that it won't happen unless he carries it around as decoration. And it'd be a real shame for me to see a supreme blade mistreated like that.
Calling whitebeard a halberdier sounds ridiculous lol

We don’t know that he just stopped using them. Him not pulling them out in every fight doesn’t suddenly mean he’s done with them especially since he was using them as a kid

I want luffy to use a weapon. A sword seems the most fitting. If he gets a sword a kitetsu seems the most fitting