General & Others Luffy or Shanks won’t beat Blackbeard

Blackbeard has build up just not more than shanks. If luffy only ends up fighting one of them it should be shanks. If luffy ends up fighting both Blackbeard should be the first to go down or at the very least shanks should be the last obstacle for luffy before he becomes pirate king

Yes Blackbeard is clearly still important and a big deal but just not more than shanks. His downfall happened by the hands of all the people he’s fucked over world be poetic imo
Why tf are you mentioning Shanks? Shanks is not an antagonist and he is not Luffy's rival.

Also kid, law, katakuri, Yamato, etc roles in the story isn’t over just because you don’t want more of them
You can write your own manga and make them relevant again. Their story is over in One Piece, deal with it

Why tf are you mentioning Shanks? Shanks is not an antagonist and he is not Luffy's rival.

You can write your own manga and make them relevant again. Their story is over in One Piece, deal with it
Shanks is an emperor after the one piece so yes he’s a rival to luffy. He doesn’t need to be evil to be a rival

Their story is over because you said so? Nice

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Shanks fans feeling insecure because their fav is set to lose to BB 🤭🤭

Luffy vs BB has build up since Jaya. It's set in stone. Anyone who can't see this definitely reading the wrong manga.

Shanks vs BB has more build up than Luffy vs Shanks. Shanks is shown obsessed with BB. Bruh he even went to wano for BB.

Whereas as Luffy sees shanks as his idol. The whole Shanks crew love Luffy. Their is no animosity...no rivalry..

Yes, shanks decided to go for OP but that's more like friendly competition than rivalry.

Shanks vs BB has rivalry

Luffy vs BB has rivalry

So, instead of making headcannon takes accept the reality which you are about to face 🤷

How would y’all feel if the Blackbeard pirates are taken out by an outside force besides the strawhat or red haired pirates? Yes the Blackbeard pirates as of now obviously have more hype facing off with them but it definitely isn’t impossible for things to change

Pre wano and arguably even pre onigashima luffy vs big mom was obviously way more built up than anyone else fighting her. It being something that was hyped up since fmi but that doesn’t change the fact it didn’t happen. While I lowkey still have some hope we get it in elbaf that’s not really relevant…
But point is is that her defeat was left up to kid and law. While even perospero’s defeat was left to nekomamushi. All of them being allies to luffy

What if something similar happens with Blackbeard? With him like big mom being taken out by allies and rivals of luffy. While at the same time the strawhats face off against the red haired pirates (+cross guild…) similar to how their main focus in onigashima were the beast pirates

As for who should take down the Blackbeard pirates imo kid + law + some Neo rocks would be perfect. Maybe some other supernova too idk

Why do I think kid and law should get involved? Same reason they were involved in wano aka to get revenge against an emperor. Plus they’re obviously luffy’s biggest allied rival pirates for the next generation. Neither is getting shanks so it’s their next best bet

As for what I mean with Neo rocks I think it’d be very fitting for the children and successors of the rocks pirates to face off against them. If we look at what Blackbeard has done he coincidentally fucked over a lot of them and is probably going to keep doing so
  1. Completely fucked the wbp up - weevil
  2. Ransacked tottoland kidnapping pudding - katakuri
  3. Invaded Amazon lily and tried to kill Hancock -…Hancock
  4. If he gets information on pluton wano is definitely his next location and he has the perfect power to destroy its boarder - Yamato
  5. One of them might even fuck stussy over even more during egghead lol
As for whether the supernova and Neo rocks will be a single force or separate I imagine separate but idk. The Blackbeard pirates facing rocks first then facing kid and law maybe
there is absolutely no way luffy doesnt fight blackbeard
Luffy will fight Teach, but Luffy won't win. It will be a draw probably.

Oda will probably make SWORD Marines or maybe Revolutionaries too involve in defeat of Teach, after Luffy stalling and stopping him from Teach's goal, then Teach will get ambushed by some alliance that involves new Marines and Revos.

Teach shouldn't lose to any pirate in the series while in his prime, same way WB didn't lose to any pirate during his prime.

Oda designed Teach by being inspired from real history, so while it won't be exact same, the plot might be similar. Blackbeard Teach was ambushed by Marines thats how he lost.

Before that, real history Teach controlled Charlestown for 7 days, I am guessing that in Oda's version, that will be Teach conquering Government for several days, then will have to retreat either due to Luffy or some other reason.

There will be multiple big battles, not just 1.

Koby will beat Kuzan and Blackbeard
With an alliance and surprise attack and with other big names, probably.

Before that, real history Teach controlled Charlestown for 7 days, I am guessing that in Oda's version, that will be Teach conquering Government for several days, then will have to retreat either due to Luffy or some other reason.
Another interesting detail is that Charleston, SC is known as holy city which could be the inspiration of holy land Marijoa. Real life Blackbeard demanded only medicine from his Charleston blockade. I am wondering what Blackbeard will demand in One Piece story.

Last edited:

Oda will probably make SWORD Marines or maybe Revolutionaries too involve in defeat of Teach, after Luffy stalling and stopping him from Teach's goal, then Teach will get ambushed by some alliance that involves new Marines and Revos.

Teach shouldn't lose to any pirate in the series while in his prime, same way WB didn't lose to any pirate during his prime.

Oda designed Teach by being inspired from real history, so while it won't be exact same, the plot might be similar. Blackbeard Teach was ambushed by Marines thats how he lost.

Yeah I think it could be really dope if an alliance of different characters come together to take down the bbp’s
Them consisting of people that are big supporters of luffy while hating the black beard pirates for fucking then over

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Another interesting detail is that Charleston, SC is often referred to as holy city which could be the inspiration of holy land Marijoa. Real life Blackbeard demanded only medicine from his Charleston blockade. I am wondering what Blackbeard will demand in One Piece story.
My initial thought on something that Teach could demand would be an ultra powerful zoan devil fruit, or an ancient weapon or something comparable in strength.

Possibly the Seraphim as well, but the possibilities are endless.

Interesting. I hope this is something that Oda adapts into the manga.

My initial thought on something that Teach could demand would be an ultra powerful zoan devil fruit, or an ancient weapon or something comparable in strength.

Possibly the Seraphim as well, but the possibilities are endless.

Interesting. I hope this is something that Oda adapts into the manga.
I think the reason teach wants to have his country recognized is so that he can get closer to the one piece. If the world government do have info on the last poneglyph the closer you are the better
Shanks might’ve even used his celestial dragon ties to meet with the gorosei so they can exchange info. Shanks telling them about potentially luffy and them giving him a hint about the final stone

I also think there’s a massive chance Blackbeard ends up going to wano to steal pluton. There’s a decent chance caribou world for him and it’s the most fitting for him. Power of the underworld with his fruits representing darkness and destruction

Shanks likely getting his hands on the heavenly Uranus and luffy Poseidon

Damn both bb and shanks fans are delusional
luffy is fighting blackbeard and beating him
That is happening

Bro this is a Nika manga. And BB is the main rival and antithesis of Nika. He's the Bika. So of course it's gonna be Nika who takes down BB.
If Teach is the direct opposite of Luffy, like Bika or whatever that is, the opposite force of Nika; similar to Neo vs Smith, or Emperor Palpatine vs Chosen One Anakin, then they should be destroying each other or stopping each other, not one of them beating the other.

Thats why Teach vs Luffy fighting equally to a draw, and Luffy stopping Teach from winning the King of the World throne makes sense but at the same time, Luffy shouldn't be coming out from it as the ultimate winner as they are in balance.

If Luffy finds Laugh Tale and becomes Pirate King, and Teach captures the Marijoa Throne as King of the World, and then they both clash, stop each other.

Later Teach losses to an ambush from Sword Marines and allied forces while Luffy's time runs out as well, considering all the damages he took through his life, already dying in Wano, Gears shortening his life and Ivankov's hormone due to Magellan stealing 10 years of his life and more etc

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
You are not giving up on Blackbeard a t'shird zoan fruit theory yet? Blackbeard could definitely use an ancient weapon though
I'm guessing you're referring to the theory that the Yami is secretly a Zoan fruit?

It's possible, I just personally prefer the idea of it being the most "unique" logia. I hate the Nika reveal and I don't want Oda to recycle it for Teach too lol, but it is very plausible