All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
reddit's chat for the S/V subreddit has gotten me 150K+ BP in the past week alone, honestly can't complain since I can find a new group every 1-2 min. should be around until the switch servers shut down many yrs from now

the link in question: https://chat.reddit.com/room/!fK_JtrSAROOHch1_CB4IbQ:reddit.com?redditUserId=t2_16sq9k
Post automatically merged:

my precious Korai Korai <3 /

Gen 10 on February 2025?

FINALLY DONE

also brought in all my old pokemon from ORAS and SM to help out

Last edited:
Just finished the dlc, I liked it and the double battles even from random npcs were challenging
so far in S/V, I've managed to keep my starter pokemon (Meowscarada) w/o any deaths

literally the 2nd NPC battle where I tried to switch out my Tinkaton from taking an expected Drill Run/Earthquake from a Rhyperior to swap with Meowscarada, which would have resisted it due to Grass, it somehow guessed correctly and landed a 4x Super Effective Critical Hit Megahorn on my Meowscarda and basically one-shotted it. Fortunately my friendship level was pretty much maxed since last yr and I lived on 1 HP but it certainly gave me a wake up call. Also had to give my Tinkaton a Life Orb after a Play Rough on a damn Vullaby did just ~65% dmg

Was never close to losing any of the battles but as someone that tries to keep my entire team alive w/o healing + revives, I had to accept the fact that during the Elite 4 + Champion battles that I was going to lose at least one pokemon

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I FOUND A SHINY MINIOR AFTER A DOZEN SANDWICHES AND IT EXPLODED ITSELF AND I HAVE NOT STOPPED CRYING FOR THREE DAYS, MERRY FUCKIN’ WHATEVER :peperain::peperain::peperain::pepemotion::pepemotion::pepemotion:
Update:

Found an outbreak afterwards and caught another (orange core, first was yellow) without a picnic reset :laughmoji:

Last edited:

Charlotte LinLin

The voice of Jinbei stans 😊
Hey there, just a question, is anyone here having the new DLC Indigo Disk and Scarlet? If yes, I need the two Paradox Pokémon from Scarlet, Raikou and Entei for my pokedex. I would trade them back right away, just need their entries.
Thank you in advance 👍

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So question about the Pokemon you can now use in S/V. Can I transfer my 3DS mons to Home and use them in S/V, or do I need to buy the DLC to be able to do that?
As long as they’re compatible, I think you can bring in DLC exclusives without having to purchase it; they add patches when the DLC releases that lets you use whatever you want even if you’re just in Paldea :shocking:

As long as they’re compatible, I think you can bring in DLC exclusives without having to purchase it; they add patches when the DLC releases that lets you use whatever you want even if you’re just in Paldea :shocking:
Okay, because I don't want to pay for Home AND DLC just to use my Toucannon from Sun. That sounds like the kind of thing Game Freak would make customers do.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Okay, because I don't want to pay for Home AND DLC just to use my Toucannon from Sun. That sounds like the kind of thing Game Freak would make customers do.
Definitely sounds like their usual way of doing things, but I believe you should be able to transfer the Toucannon without issue…you just won’t find any in the wild unless you buy the DLC :wonderland:

Finally defeated the BBA Elite Four and Champion.
I personally had no problem defeating them.
Sorry Kieran but there is a huge difference between being a school champion and a regional champion.:wellwell:

Also when Kieran first sees the player, it is like he is having ptsd.:doffytroll:

When it comes to the BBA Elite Four, Drayton and Lacey are my two favorites.:moonwalk:
since it's been ~2 week since Indigo Disk has been out, curious to know everyone's thoughts on all the major battles (assuming that you've already finished ofc) @Jew D. Boy @Mr. Reloaded @Bepo D. Bear. If I had to summarize it w/o spoiling, if this was Singles instead of Doubles, I would have completely dominated tbh but it is what it is. But because it was Doubles, easily the most difficult Elite 4 that Pokemon has ever put out (Lucian from Platinum and Marshall from B/W being the E4 members I've had the most difficult time with)

And as someone that tries to finish an Elite 4 + Champion run w/o any faints + revives, this was relatively difficult since I had to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to one-shot either due to the AI optimizing EVs or having Sturdy/Focus Sash, and that even if I attacked first that there would be a chance that I would lose 1 or more pokemon per battle.

[Main Team] Meowscarada (Protean/Choice Band) / Tinkaton (Life Orb) / Pawmot (Focus Sash) / Annihilape (Punching Globe) / Kingambit (Assault Vest) / Baxcalibur (Loaded Dice)

Amarys
pretty much stuck to doubling up on her pokemon (Dugtrio, Skarmory, Empoleon) each turn and it was working for the most part until I had to load up on killing Scizor which allowed Reuniclus to set up Trick Room. Got a bit worried so I switched out my Meowscarada for Pawmot as a sacrificial lamb against Metagross, but my Tinkaton was able to take out Metagross after and then Reuniclus the next turn. Her Flying Trial honestly was much more difficult, and it legit took me damn near 4 hours to clear, never want to do that shit again.

Drayton
definitely the hardest among the Elite 4 and Blueberry Academy tbh, but it really only started because my Meowscarada + Tinkaton BOTH missed Play Rough and I had switch both out after Turn 1 since they were both under ~15% HP (trial was pretty easy since I just leveled up my Flygon + Trapinch to Lv. 100). Basically had to roll with Pawmot/Annihilape/Kingambit for the rest of the match with no free switch-ins, and had to use Pawmot (as only Fighting after Double Shock) as a sacrificial lamb again to deal with Kingdra while Annihilape took care of everyone else with Close Combat + Rage Fist + Fire Punch.

Crispin
trial was annoying since I really didn't want to be stuck with dialogue but after roaming around, not so bad. As for the battle itself, since I didn't have any water type pokemon on my team (which I've seen other people lose due to Exeggutor), it was pretty much a sweep using Meowscarada (Dark) + Baxcalibur, with even my Tinakton eating up an Overheat from Heat Rotom to start.

Lacey
more forgiving than Drayton in terms of dmg but far more annoying with Intimidate + Light Screen in the first turn. Took me 3 turns to wipe out Granbull + Whimsicott w/o much dmg and even one-shotted Primarina. But once Galarian Slowbro came out (even after taking out Alcremie before it could use Decorate), it almost turned disastrous thanks to Quick Draw. that POS literally went first 3 times IN A ROW (despite the ability being only at 30%), and had to switch out Meowscarda (Grass) for Pawmot as a sacrificial lamb once again, but it actually lived enough to take out Slowbro (and a Knock Off from Tinkaton). Lacey's Fairy Tera Excadrill was also really annoying to deal with since it somehow managed to outspeed a Lv. 100 Pawmot at Lv. 80 but fortunately it focused a High Horsepower on Pawmot and I got to one-shot it with Steel Tera Tinkaton's Gigaton Hammer.

I thought my first attempt was pretty sloppy tbh, but I've been forced to do 7 extra rematches in the past week at the League Club Room since she for some reason kept refusing to initiate a trade (the other members took just 2 interactions). And man, my battles with her got even worse, albeit trying a dedicated Steel + Poison Team. Even lost to her in the first rematch (and rage quitted/exited before the results screen lol). Every battle since literally has me down to the final 1-2 pokemon and forcing me to use max revives as backup. Literally took me until yesterday night to *finally* initiate a trade with her to get a Snubbull. Will not be battling her anytime soon lol.

her trial was very adorable at least

Kieran
admittedly not the toughest champion for me (below BDSP Cynthia and Volo) but still had to do things turn by turn instead of one-shotting. Saw a lot of other people lose after leaving Dragonite alive in rain, so I pretty much loaded up attacks on Dragonite w/ 2x Play Rough from Meowscarada + Tinkaton. Decided to switch out Meowscarda for Pawmot after seeing Intimidate-Incineroar, and instead of being a sacrificial lamb like the other battles, Pawmot this time pretty much carried me offensively by taking out Politoed, Incineroar, Porygon-Z, Hydrapple and Grimmsnarl by itself. Unfortunately (and miraculously with my Pawmot at -4 def/sp. def), Kieran's other pokemon kept targeting my Tinkaton and Grimmsnarl managed to finish it off after living a Gigaton Hammer with Focus Sash, but I was pretty impressed with my Tinakton baasically taking 5-6 hits by itself.

Cyrano
Because his Mandibuzz kept spamming Protect + Tailwind, basically decided to load up on other pokemon on the field like Zebstrika, Gothitelle, Emboar. Was almost on the verge of a sweep but my Tinkaton missed a Play Rough on Samurott and it landed a critical hit Sacred Sword on it and leaving it around ~9% HP. Tinkaton was able to eat a Aqua Jet and then finish it off but because I gave it a Life Orb, it fainted right after as my only 'death' of the match (and one-shotting his Contary Rock Tera Serperior shortly after).

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
since it's been ~2 week since Indigo Disk has been out, curious to know everyone's thoughts on all the major battles (assuming that you've already finished ofc) @Jew D. Boy @Mr. Reloaded @Bepo D. Bear. If I had to summarize it w/o spoiling, if this was Singles instead of Doubles, I would have completely dominated tbh but it is what it is. But because it was Doubles, easily the most difficult Elite 4 that Pokemon has ever put out (Lucian from Platinum and Marshall from B/W being the E4 members I've had the most difficult time with)

And as someone that tries to finish an Elite 4 + Champion run w/o any faints + revives, this was relatively difficult since I had to accept the fact that I wouldn't be able to one-shot either due to the AI optimizing EVs or having Sturdy/Focus Sash, and that even if I attacked first that there would be a chance that I would lose 1 or more pokemon per battle.

[Main Team] Meowscarada (Protean/Choice Band) / Tinkaton (Life Orb) / Pawmot (Focus Sash) / Annihilape (Punching Globe) / Kingambit (Assault Vest) / Baxcalibur (Loaded Dice)

Amarys
pretty much stuck to doubling up on her pokemon (Dugtrio, Skarmory, Empoleon) each turn and it was working for the most part until I had to load up on killing Scizor which allowed Reuniclus to set up Trick Room. Got a bit worried so I switched out my Meowscarada for Pawmot as a sacrificial lamb against Metagross, but my Tinkaton was able to take out Metagross after and then Reuniclus the next turn. Her Flying Trial honestly was much more difficult, and it legit took me damn near 4 hours to clear, never want to do that shit again.

Drayton
definitely the hardest among the Elite 4 and Blueberry Academy tbh, but it really only started because my Meowscarada + Tinkaton BOTH missed Play Rough and I had switch both out after Turn 1 since they were both under ~15% HP (trial was pretty easy since I just leveled up my Flygon + Trapinch to Lv. 100). Basically had to roll with Pawmot/Annihilape/Kingambit for the rest of the match with no free switch-ins, and had to use Pawmot (as only Fighting after Double Shock) as a sacrificial lamb again to deal with Kingdra while Annihilape took care of everyone else with Close Combat + Rage Fist + Fire Punch.

Crispin
trial was annoying since I really didn't want to be stuck with dialogue but after roaming around, not so bad. As for the battle itself, since I didn't have any water type pokemon on my team (which I've seen other people lose due to Exeggutor), it was pretty much a sweep using Meowscarada (Dark) + Baxcalibur, with even my Tinakton eating up an Overheat from Heat Rotom to start.

Lacey
more forgiving than Drayton in terms of dmg but far more annoying with Intimidate + Light Screen in the first turn. Took me 3 turns to wipe out Granbull + Whimsicott w/o much dmg and even one-shotted Primarina. But once Galarian Slowbro came out (even after taking out Alcremie before it could use Decorate), it almost turned disastrous thanks to Quick Draw. that POS literally went first 3 times IN A ROW (despite the ability being only at 30%), and had to switch out Meowscarda (Grass) for Pawmot as a sacrificial lamb once again, but it actually lived enough to take out Slowbro (and a Knock Off from Tinkaton). Lacey's Fairy Tera Excadrill was also really annoying to deal with since it somehow managed to outspeed a Lv. 100 Pawmot at Lv. 80 but fortunately it focused a High Horsepower on Pawmot and I got to one-shot it with Steel Tera Tinkaton's Gigaton Hammer.

I thought my first attempt was pretty sloppy tbh, but I've been forced to do 7 extra rematches in the past week at the League Club Room since she for some reason kept refusing to initiate a trade (the other members took just 2 interactions). And man, my battles with her got even worse, albeit trying a dedicated Steel + Poison Team. Even lost to her in the first rematch (and rage quitted/exited before the results screen lol). Every battle since literally has me down to the final 1-2 pokemon and forcing me to use max revives as backup. Literally took me until yesterday night to *finally* initiate a trade with her to get a Snubbull. Will not be battling her anytime soon lol.

her trial was very adorable at least

Kieran
admittedly not the toughest champion for me (below BDSP Cynthia and Volo) but still had to do things turn by turn instead of one-shotting. Saw a lot of other people lose after leaving Dragonite alive in rain, so I pretty much loaded up attacks on Dragonite w/ 2x Play Rough from Meowscarada + Tinkaton. Decided to switch out Meowscarda for Pawmot after seeing Intimidate-Incineroar, and instead of being a sacrificial lamb like the other battles, Pawmot this time pretty much carried me offensively by taking out Politoed, Incineroar, Porygon-Z, Hydrapple and Grimmsnarl by itself. Unfortunately (and miraculously with my Pawmot at -4 def/sp. def), Kieran's other pokemon kept targeting my Tinkaton and Grimmsnarl managed to finish it off after living a Gigaton Hammer with Focus Sash, but I was pretty impressed with my Tinakton baasically taking 5-6 hits by itself.

Cyrano
Because his Mandibuzz kept spamming Protect + Tailwind, basically decided to load up on other pokemon on the field like Zebstrika, Gothitelle, Emboar. Was almost on the verge of a sweep but my Tinkaton missed a Play Rough on Samurott and it landed a critical hit Sacred Sword on it and leaving it around ~9% HP. Tinkaton was able to eat a Aqua Jet and then finish it off but because I gave it a Life Orb, it fainted right after as my only 'death' of the match (and one-shotting his Contary Rock Tera Serperior shortly after).
Uhh…I have yet to join the Blueberry League and have battled pretty much nobody except Lacey, just been shiny hunting like an absolute bastard :steef:

Uhh…I have yet to join the Blueberry League and have battled pretty much nobody except Lacey, just been shiny hunting like an absolute bastard :steef:
speaking of, I've caught 8 since Indigo Disk alone, 6 of them from just wandering around and 2 from Ice sandwiches (Delibird). Even more generous than Kitakami (2 / Spoink, Weezing) for me somehow

* Slakoth (Coastal Biome)
* Scream Tail (Area Zero near Gouging Fire encounter)
* Venomoth (at the exit of the Terrarium near Perrin)
* Crabrawler, bastard literally ran into me after flying back to Paldea lol (South Province/Area Five)
* Delibird 1 during outbreak (Polar Biome)
* Delibird 2 during outbreak (Savanna Biome)
* Delibird 3 during outbreak w/ ice sandwich (Canyon Biome)
* Delibird 4 during same outbreak as Delibird 3 w/ ice sandwich (Canyon Biome)

Last edited:
Last edited: