ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1105 : THE PEAK OF STUPIDITY

Rate this Chapter

• Total voters
Man, you’re so conceited in your own ignorance you still think you know better than everyone on a topic you have no experience on. Peak Reddit behavior.
Nah. You think anything that happens in the story is simply good or bad based on the spectator's subjective tastes, consistency and substance be damned. There is still some sort of logic most works' universes run by, and if things within the story start breaking said established logic without sensible reasoning, then it'd likely be justifiably called out as bad writing. No amount of subjective thinking changes this. It's not that complex, man.

Nah. You think anything that happens in the story is simply good or bad based on the spectator's subjective tastes, consistency and substance be damned. There is still some sort of logic most works' universes run by, and if things within the story start breaking said established logic without sensible reasoning, then it'd likely be justifiably called out as bad writing. No amount of subjective thinking changes this. It's not that complex, man.
Logic and general guidelines does not equal objectivity. Have the decency to take one course or two in creative writing or storytelling and then we'll talk. Or you can keep your reddit fedora on and pretend to know what you're talking about.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not nameless or one of those users that screenshots every single interaction they have in here. I forget stuff.

Logic and general guidelines does not equal objectivity. Have the decency to take one course or two in creative writing or storytelling and then we'll talk. Or you can keep your reddit fedora on and pretend to know what you're talking about.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not nameless or one of those users that screenshots every single interaction they have in here. I forget stuff.
How do you think I knew specifically targeting tears would get under your skin lol

Fair enough though, I usually have like one or two things I remember about someone and/or their interests that I can remember pretty well. Same irl too

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
β€Ž
Clown Review for 1105: The Peak of Stupidity

Heheheheheh, WOW do I LOVE transition chapters, hahhahahahahhaha... ahhhhhhhhhhhh... Here's looking to 1,106. Anyway, yeah, this isn't the BEST chapter, but, it has some interesting moments, and some things to clear up. Oda is stalling for something. While this is an escape arc, there's too many forces right now; the Straw Hats have to at least fight to clear a path.

Cover Page:
-Carrot is learning to cook? RIP Sanji.

Page 1:
-While Saturn is an asshole, we see here he's just leagues more competent than someone like Spandam. Saturn makes sure the Marines flee before the Buster Call begins.
-Doll's address to Kizaru and Saturn show that Vice Admirals, while obvious below the other two in rank, are of high enough rank to casually give directives to Admirals and Gorosei without hesitation. This could also show that Doll has a strong, confident personality and has no problem directing her higher ups, even questioning Saturn's inital response.

Page 2:
-Kizaru's face and short response don't just unnerve us as readers, but Doll herself. Doll can tell from Kizaru's face that shit is serious. Kizaru's "Go" is the closest thing we've seen to a death flag for his character, IMO.
-Vegapunk continues to prove his foolishness by arguing with Saturn about humanity, when Saturn has made it clear the feelings of humans mean nothing to him.
-Saturn's line about Vegapunk hiding something is interesting. My first thought goes to Kuma's memories and the Ancient Robot, but I wonder if it's something else. Perhaps... the ultimate Seraphim... S-CLOWN!??!?!?!?!

Page 3:
-Saturn tells Vegapunk about the researcher ship being targeted. It's a little confusing, since Saturn actually gave the order to hunt the researchers today, not yesterday, the day they left. So, the researcher ship should be far ahead of the Marine ship, unless the Marines' ships are that much faster.
-Saturn is ripping into Vegapunk for not learning from the past. Vegapunk should have known he was endangering the researchers. Saturn is evil, but, he's honest.
-A conflicted Navy higher up, an old researcher being targeted, a little girl caught in the crossfire, a Buster Call, and now a ship full of innocents being targeted. It's Ohara all over again.

Page 4:
-Since the Pacifista were left behind, it's safe to say they have at least some ability to resist a Buster Call.
-Saturn and Kizaru leaving the rest of the ground to run while they talk to Vegapunk is certainly... a decision Oda made.
-Oda continues to grow a father/daughter like bond between Sanji and Bonney, with Bonney directing asking him to help Vegapunk, showing her trust in him. Honestly, Sanji getting a kid to raise could REALLY help mellow the man out. Also, it would lead to a fucking hilarious Pudding gag. Pudding meets Bonney, and thinks she's Sanji's new lover. Bonney turns into a child, and Pudding freaks out thinking Sanji already has a kid.

Page 5-6:
-I love how Nami is more concerned about Zoro getting lost than losing.
-As far as I know, this is the first time we've seen the back entrance to the lab?
-So, the Straw Hats need another giant robot to carry the Sunny. Ancient Robot still important here.

Page 7-8:
-This scene reminds me of the time my mom wanted to roll a boat down our driveway. Heh.
-Always nice to see Brook's ice powers come in handy, here he's giving the Sunny the slip n' slide treatment... but with no breaks.
-So, how are they going to not crash? Here are my ideas:
1. Ancient Robot catches them.
2. Luffy catches them.
3. Kuma reacts to protect the Sunny based on his old programming to protect the Sunny
4. They land on Saturn lol

-So, the Marines are trying to destroy the lab, Seraphim, Mother Flame, and York be damned. Since this is the second time York has been targeted for death by the WG, I think she's probably done with them, and ready to switch to Blackbeard's side.
-Uh... do the Marines think they can shoot through the laser grid? Good luck, I guess, dumb as usual.

Page 9:
-Kuma, the man Vegapunk tried and failed to save, has been transformed into a weapon of war, and is destroying the island Vegapunk built for the sake of humanity. A grim tale showing the dangers of technology. No matter how kind your intentions, there will always be those who use knowledge for evil. Vegapunk wanted to make warriors of peace, and now, Kuma's likeness is being used by inhumane serial killer terrorists like the Gorosei. Oda is sparing us the moral grandstanding and making it clear from this page that Vegapunk's greed, the York inside of him, led to this result.

Page 10:
-Aaaaaand Sanji's wonky CoO dies just in time to let Kizaru knock the rocket down with a sword slice, heh. Now that the sword's out, maybe a certain Zoro can like... show up again?
-Kizaru's swordsmanship being so precise that no one inside was cut shows to me he's getting even weaker mentally. At the very least, he could have attacked Franky, but, nope. Atlas smacks her head hard enough to crack the glass of the rocket, ouch.

Page 11-12:
-Sanji is now watching as the group falls.
-Saturn's monologue is interesting: the Peak/Height of Folly is fun because it refences Luffy, who recently reached his "Peak", G5, which turns him into a total fool.
-We now have a ton of Pacifista about to fire on Bonney, Kuma, Atlas, and Franky
-I'm interested to see if the Pacifista MK III have any humanity in them, and any connection to Bonney.
-Luffy is finally done eating, and needs to digest. As long as the Marines don't have Seastone, he should be fine.
-Dun dun dun, the Marine ship chasing the researchers was destroyed? BUT, by who?

Most likely options are:
1. Blackbeard
2. Cross Guild
3. Grand Fleet

1. Blackbeard was last at Winner's Island, which is close to Egghead, and has a ship (most likely with Caratina Devon and Laffitte on it) on Egghead already. The Seraphim were introduced fighting on Amazon Lily, with BB fighing S-Hawk, and being interested in him. I believe Blackbeard wants to acquire both York and the Seraphim, and that York's back up plan was the Blackbeard Pirates. If Blackbeard found a Marine vessel in his way, he'd just destroy it with his DF powers.
2. They said they needed power, and Vegapunk has plenty. Also, while Croc and Buggy don't, Mihawk has two connections to Kuma, with Kuma travelling to Mihawk's island in the past to try to cure Bonney, and Mihawk and Kuma both being heavily associated with religion (Mihawk's cross/crucifix imagery). Vegapunk needs money. Who has money? Croc.
3. If the Grand Fleet rallied after Luffy nearly died in Wano (his Vivre Card would have been low after Kaido "killed" him), they might charge to Egghead after hearing about the seige from Morgans.

I also want Fuji and Smoker to show up, but there's no reason they'd blow up a Marine ship (same with the Revs who don't hate Marines).

Finally, I'm really interested in what Zoro and Lucci are doing. I thought Edison was still in the lab, but, since he's gone, York, Kaku, and the Seraphim are all alone. Edison took down the laser barrier to let Vegapunk, Atlas, Franky, and Sanji down recently, which would have given Laffitte and Catarina time to get to the Labosphere when the Frontier Dome was down.

The Seraphim are a HUGE Chekov's Gun still. If Catarina can learn to transform into Saturn this arc, she'll be able to operate as the highest authority for Seraphim.

Laffitte and Devon released the Seraphim and York, IMO, and we're going to get Lucci, Kaku, Zoro, and Jinbei vs Laffitte, Devon, and S-Bear, S-Snake, S-Hawk, and S-Shark, since they're still under orders to kill Lucci, Kaku, Zoro, and Jinbei.

I DO think S-Bear and S-Snake will come to Bonney and Luffy's aid eventually, but, possibly not right away.

This leads to Blackbeard showing up to pick up Laffite and Devon, York, and S-Hawk and S-Shark. Another nice steal for Kurohige.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
β€Ž
Kinda wish that someone else is going to be Kaido, but it's probably someone from the Revo:milaugh:
Kaido (after one-shotting Kizaru into the ocean): "Straw Hat, say you want to live!"
Luffy: "What the hell?!? I thought I killed you!"

Saturn: "Is that fucking Kaido? What the hell is wrong with this damn island, who's going to show up next?"
Enel (descending from the heavens): "Yo, I heard a lot of people down here were calling themselves Gods, and I took that personally."
Saturn: "Who in the fuck is this? Who invited big-ass earlobes over to Egghead Island?"
Luffy: "Hey, it's the lightning guy, too! Uh... yeah, that's right, Incel!"
Enel: "Oh, it's the little rubber boy! Am I going to smite you today!"

Kizaru: "Help I'm drowning."

Meanwhile Roronoa Zoro has accidentally entered a Cheeto's commercial and is battling Chester Cheetah, mistaking him for Lucci.

Come on, 1,106, advance the plot before I lose more sanity.

Kaido (after one-shotting Kizaru into the ocean): "Straw Hat, say you want to live!"
Luffy: "What the hell?!? I thought I killed you!"

Saturn: "Is that fucking Kaido? What the hell is wrong with this damn island, who's going to show up next?"
Enel (descending from the heavens): "Yo, I heard a lot of people down here were calling themselves Gods, and I took that personally."
Saturn: "Who in the fuck is this? Who invited big-ass earlobes over to Egghead Island?"
Luffy: "Hey, it's the lightning guy, too! Uh... yeah, that's right, Incel!"
Enel: "Oh, it's the little rubber boy! Am I going to smite you today!"

Kizaru: "Help I'm drowning."

Meanwhile Roronoa Zoro has accidentally entered a Cheeto's commercial and is battling Chester Cheetah, mistaking him for Lucci.

Come on, 1,106, advance the plot before I lose more sanity.
Imu: fuck this, where's the nuke button?