Kingdom General Tier list

- What about guys like Fuuki or Chousou? (Some of the Generals of the Zhao army at Bayou). They obviously got outplayed there but Ouki actually praised their skill.

- Also, what about Great General Gakujou? He was apparently considered the second best commander Zhao had when he was sent to capture Renpa. But he lost with an astronomical number advantage (50k vs 8k) so idk. Again Renpa praised him directly but yeah I don't know where I'd put him.

- What about guys like Fuuki or Chousou? (Some of the Generals of the Zhao army at Bayou). They obviously got outplayed there but Ouki actually praised their skill.

- Also, what about Great General Gakujou? He was apparently considered the second best commander Zhao had when he was sent to capture Renpa. But he lost with an astronomical number advantage (50k vs 8k) so idk. Again Renpa praised him directly but yeah I don't know where I'd put him.
Fuuki is probably like Denrimi (which is fairly high). Chousou is hard to scale but probably a bit higher.

Gakujou is said to be the second strongest after Renpa so he’d probably be around the Kochou range.

Remember how HK were getting wanked?
Genpo capable of leading entire Zhao military
Rinko breaking Ouki's formation
Kyou En having fought multiple 6gg's before
Kaishibou is their leader and a Renpa level offensive general
Where is Gakujou's hype?
He could have grown but i don't think he was even a HK level general during that flashback

Speaking of Gakujou, Renpa said that compared to the 6GG he's only able to satisfy him at about 60%.

Obviously these numbers are just a basic representation of Renpa's feelings rather than a precise measuring stick, but it's still interesting to think about where the other characters woull fall on that scale from his perspective.

Fire Dragons would surely be at least in the 80-90% range just based on their portrayel alone.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
A Kou wasn't functional after he got his ass kicked by BNJ and Gyou'un.

He survived but only barely, and only because A Ka Kin got him out of there.

Shi Ryou was still standing and capable of fighting.
Shiryou 2 vs 1 only lasted for a brief moment and she was quickly overwhelmed and hurt by Kansaro attack on her back. If other soldiers hadn’t helped her she would have died quickly.

Akou fight lasted longer and Akou managed to party many more hits and landed some.

Shiryou 2 vs 1 only lasted for a brief moment and she was quickly overwhelmed and hurt by Kansaro attack on her back. If other soldiers hadn’t helped her she would have died quickly.

Akou fight lasted longer and Akou managed to party many more hits and landed some.
Akou did it against stronger opponents as well
Gyou'Un is the strongest and Kansaro the weakest of the four
Ji Aga vs Bananji is up in the air but i heavily favor Banana in that fight

You are way off about A Kou's 2v1 lasting longer. Read 558 and 559 again, A Kou put up a valiant effort but his 2v1 was over in a matter of seconds. He was quickly overwhelmed and beaten severely.

Comparatively, from 784 to 786, Shi Ryou was the aggressor pushing the action in her 2v1. She took the the fight to her enemies to keep them there and held her own without taking absurd damage.

Shi Ryou's 2v1 lasted long enough for Sou'Ou and Den Ri Mi to organise their reinforcement unit, leave, and make it to Ou Sen's location and carry on fighting. Seriously, read 785 and 786 again. A substantial amount of time transpires.

A Kou had much stronger opponents, but even taking that into account, it's a nonstarter to compare who lasted longer, never mind performed better.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
You are way off about A Kou's 2v1 lasting longer. Read 558 and 559 again, A Kou put up a valiant effort but his 2v1 was over in a matter of seconds. He was quickly overwhelmed and beaten severely.

Comparatively, from 784 to 786, Shi Ryou was the aggressor pushing the action in her 2v1. She took the the fight to her enemies to keep them there and held her own without taking absurd damage. Seriously, read 785 and 786 again.

Shi Ryou's 2v1 lasted long enough for Sou'Ou and Den Ri Mi to organise reinforcements, leave, and make it to Ou Sen's location.

It's a nonstarter to compare who lasted longer, never mind performed better.

Granted, A Kou had much stronger opponents, but even taking that into account, Shi Ryou's performance is much better.
About the length part :

- for the me length was more about the number of clash and the number of panels of the fight

you can count the number of real 2 vs 1 Shiryou had and its rather low : a little bit during 785 but quickly Kansaro wanted to move away and stopped fighting. Shiryou attacked Kansaro to stop him from moving away and then during 786 the fight resumed and Shiryou was stabbed in the back by Kansaro in no time.

Akou managed to put a better fight and against better opponents :

- lot more panels of Gyou’Un and Banana attacking Akou together.
- Akou managing to block and survive
- Akou being hurt and having also a stab on the back by Gyou’Un but this time the fight didn’t stop like for Shiryou. And Akou kept fighting and counter attacking against Gyou’Un
- he took an other slash on the back by Banana. Then two slashed on the front.
Yet he kept going and instantly counterattacked.

The Akou fight was much more intense and had much more exchange of blows. And more impressive overall for Akou

About the length part :

- for the me length was more about the number of clash and the number of panels of the fight
Okay, but you plainly stated A Kou lasted longer?
Akou fight lasted longer
Are you conceding that isn't true, or arguing that isn't what you meant in the first place?

Going by pages and panels makes sense when you don't have anything else, but it's a bizarre choice when we have ample context to make a reasoned judgment on how much time passed in each instance.

A Kou lasted mere seconds against Ba Nan Ji and Gyou'un. That was expected, given the calibre of these men.

Shi Ryou, for her part, did very well to last long enough to do her duty and then some.

Akou managed to put a better fight and against better opponents :

- lot more panels of Gyou’Un and Banana attacking Akou together.
- Akou managing to block and survive
- Akou being hurt and having also a stab on the back by Gyou’Un but this time the fight didn’t stop like for Shiryou. And Akou kept fighting and counter attacking against Gyou’Un
- he took an other slash on the back by Banana. Then two slashed on the front.
Yet he kept going and instantly counterattacked.

The Akou fight was much more intense and had much more exchange of blows. And more impressive overall for Akou
I'll grant you the A Kou fight was more intense, but I don't think that helps your argument as much as you think it does. A Kou was fighting for his life. He was the target of a play for his life by two killers that could individually best him, and he had to fend them off at once. A Kou was a punching bag in that particular 2v1, the panels reflect that.

A Kou had two instances when he hit back. Once when Gyou'un just joined the battle - 2nd page of 559 - and a second time when he destroyed BNJ's helmet and gave him a scar (pg 12).

Again, just a cursory reading of 785 and 786 will illustrate a stark difference. Shi Ryou deflected Ji Aga's mace with her swords and made Kan Saro brace under the weight of her blows while she kept him from moving.

Shi Ryou was the aggressor in her 2v1. A Kou was the prey. In the end, Shi Ryou seemingly managed to land a fatal blow on one of her foes. A Kou never came so close.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Shi Ryou was the aggressor in her 2v1. A Kou was the prey.
Shiryou quickly became the prey when it became a real 2 vs 1 during 786. Within only one page she was cut down. (The real fight stopped after that)

Before that we had only one other panel of 2 vs 1 but Kansaro wasn’t here to kill her, the moment he could he wanted to leave the battle to Jiaga. The real 2 vs 1 was only during 786.

Akon lasted much more panels of real intense 2 vs 1, Banana and Gyou’Un harassed Akou non stop during 559

So Akou was more impressive for me

Shiryou fight didn’t feel like a real non stop 2 vs 1, it had a lot of pause, war around etc.

Are you conceding that isn't true, or arguing that isn't what you asserted in the first place?
Haha if you want.

from the flow of the 2 chapters you’re likely right that the whole affaire lasted longer for Shiryou but it was never a true 2 vs 1 for the kill before 786. One hit here, one hit there etc. While for Akou it was murder all along.

Shiryou quickly became the prey when it became a real 2 vs 1 during 786. Within only one page she was cut down. (The real fight stopped after that)
I don't consider her prey in that situation because she got herself in it by forcing the issue, as the aggressor.

A Kou was prey because he was set upon and beaten within an inch of his life.

Shi Ryou never came close to taking the damage A Kou did despite - as you so helpfully showed - being put in a similar situation.

She took her lumps and kept going.

Haha if you want.

from the flow of the 2 chapters you’re likely right that the whole affaire lasted longer for Shiryou but it was never a true 2 vs 1 for the kill before 786. One hit here, one hit there etc. While for Akou it was murder all along.
I didn't argue the context. That was you.

I argued the result:
A Kou wasn't functional after he got his ass kicked by BNJ and Gyou'un.
He survived but only barely, and only because A Ka Kin got him out of there.
Shi Ryou was still standing and capable of fighting.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Shi Ryou seemingly managed to land a fatal blow on one of her foes
Shiryou never managed to land a fatal blow during the 2 vs 1

it was after it when she baited Jiaga by attacking Kansaro from the back

but the 2 vs 1 was already finished

not saying she wasn’t right to do that, but it’s not a power level thing anymore just a smart move from her part in a desperate situation.
Post automatically merged:

I don't consider her prey in that situation because she was got herself in it by forcing the issue, as the aggressor.

A Kou was prey because he was set upon and beaten within an inch of his life.

Shi Ryou never came close to taking the damage A Kou did despite - as you so helpfully showed - being put in a similar situation.

She took her lumps and kept going.

I didn't argue the context. That was you.

I argued the result:
Shiryou was standing and capable of fighting because Jiaga and Kansaro stopped bullying her after she got hit. Soldiers protected her and put themselves between them. Without them she would have been killed

Last edited:
Shiryou never managed to land a fatal blow during the 2 vs 1

it was after it when she baited Jiaga by attacking Kansaro from the back

but the 2 vs 1 was already finished

not saying she wasn’t right to do that, but it’s not a power level thing anymore just a smart move from her part in a desperate situation.
In 785 there are 4 pages mostly or entirely dedicated to Shi Ryou's fight against Kan Saro and Ji Aga. There are another 6 pages in 786. At what point do you propose that Shi Ryou disengaged from the fight for the 2v1 to have ended?

I put it to you the 2v1 never ended.

In the end, Shi Ryou didn't kill Ji Aga by besting him martially. She outwitted him. She feinted a charge at Kan Saro and caught him off guard. She faked right and went left. The man didn't have his head on swivel and paid for it.

Shiryou was standing and capable of fighting because Jiaga and Kansaro stopped bullying her after she got hit. Soldiers protected her and put themselves between them. Without them she would have been killed
You frame it like she wasn't getting the better of them individually in between throughout both 785 and 786?

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
In 785 there are 4 pages mostly or entirely dedicated to Shi Ryou's fight against Kan Saro and Ji Aga. There are another 6 pages in 786. At what point do you propose that Shi Ryou disengaged from the fight for the 2v1 to have ended?
Here the pages of 785 of the fight

You can see on the first page a 2 vs 1 while Shiryou is doing good.

‘But just after you can see that Kansaro stopped fighting and wanted to go away. It stopped to be a full time 2 vs 1 like Akou.

Then Shiryou stopped Kansaro and blocked Jiaga hit.

‘Then Kansaro explicitely said that before he wasn’t that serious and in kill mode and then in the 786 the real 2 vs 1 happened and Shiryou was overwhelmed in one page (that I posted above)

Both Kansaro and Jiaga only showed true resolve late in the fight and not in the beginning.

‘and during the 2 vs 1 in 786 she got beaten quickly.

Then after being slashed in the back the 2 vs 1 stopped and she was rescued by Qin soldiers

You frame it like she wasn't getting the better of them individually in between throughout both 785 and 786?
In 785 she got the better on them but the number of clash was quite low and Kansaro dipped quickly, so it wasn’t really a 2 vs 1
In 786 Jiaga and Kansaro got the better on her and hurt her quite quickly

After that slash it became a different situation

@FutureWarrior123 The majority of the Fire Dragons against the current Qin Six...idk man, I don't think it would look cute. Lol.

Talking about the ones that were killed in the flashback and Gaimou/Earl Shi. Gaimou is (seemingly) a meathead brute. We're gonna face him again in the main Wei arc but if the impression he gave off the first time is correct, he'd get utterly destroyed by whoever Qin Six he is up against in a battle with armies. If instead he felt like being a field troll the first time around...then okay, there might be something there. Lol.

Earl Shi definitely had a good arsenal and wasn't completely there mentally when he made his return (at least when it came to self preservation in the duel) but the fact that Hara nonetheless decided to have 4,000 men commander Ouhon take him out, almost 400 chapters ago, doesn't reflect well imo. Like imagine when we're gonna have a much, much, much stronger Ouhon/Shin face possibly the likes of (prime) Gohoumei or Renpa in extreme diff battles hundreds and hundreds of chapters later. There's also the fact that at the start Shukai, before Ouhon's awakening, his spear had also reached the power of Earl Shi's, skill aside.

I think you could make the argument that Earl Shi might still beat Ouhon with armies through Great General tactics. But the general impression I very much get is at this point of the story Ouhon straight up wouldn't lose.

And the amount of trust Tou still gave to these youngsters back in the Wei arc despite them suddenly being matched up against the two Fire Dragons, proceeding with Ouhon's plan anyway and trusting them to pull through in their respective battlefields with their own skills...you have got to wonder how he would have reacted if it was instead fucking Rinshoujo coming back from the grave and appearing in front of these boys. Lol.

Last edited: