ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1106 : By your Side

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
I like the panel of Bonney looking at Nika and realizing he is Nika the sun god.

We don’t need to worry about Nika laughing about Vegapunk’s stabbing because it’s not like Oda really kills anyone post time skip.

This chapter was too short and we have a break.
Luffy in front of the sun, high in the air, has really grown on me as an iconic One Piece moment. And the whole Bonney/Kuma flashback is what made it possible to feel this way

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Oda ignores size for cinematic effect all the time, I've just given up on trying to judge anything's size in this manga.
There's no real size scaling in One Piece which is why people that try to pixel scale are kinda braindead.

The sizes are Big, Normal, and Small. That's it. Anything can fall under that spectrum depending on how Oda might want to draw it at any given time.

The Ancient Robot is awakening due to Nika's powers.
Would it be too crazy to assume that, hundreds of years ago, when it climbed the Red Line and attacked Mariejois, it was powered by the Drums of Liberation too?.
I talked about this several times and think you’re right
I posted this yesterday

Theory:

The sun is often a symbol for our heart because it gives us life (like the sunlight)
So I thought that Nika's heartbeat is like the sunlight and gives robots/golems a heartbeat and makes them alive
Nika's heart is like a eternal power source, similar to the sun
The robots were soldiers and maybe someone ate the fruit 200 years ago and activated this power for a short period

The Giants being the party coming to Egghead is out of left field. However we can count it as Shanks coming since they're his allies. Which means the next arc is the fated Shanks and Nika meet up...
I wonder how Nika's awakening will play into the Giants' lore. Maybe they have ancient scrolls about Nika amd his powers that will help Nika eliminate some drawbacks.
While i think that would make sense, i think oda is saving shanks meeting luffy for a special moment and currently too much shit is going on imo

I posted this yesterday

Theory:

The sun is often a symbol for our heart because it gives us life (like the sunlight)
So I thought that Nika's heartbeat is like the sunlight and gives robots/golems a heartbeat and makes them alive
The robots were soldiers and maybe someone ate the fruit 200 years ago and activated this power for a short period
Imo that's the only way the Robot's sudden attack on Mariejois can be explained, centuries after the Void Century.

That's cool and all, but that's not how you were speaking before. You were talking in absolute terms and only when further questioned, did you clarify it is not 100% sure.

Now, you are speaking like it is just another possibility, not necessarily the most likely one.
I don't always weigh my words, especially in the heat of the moment, especially when confronted with delusional fans who push nonsense agendas.

I don't owe anything to people who push brainless agendas like "Bonney will be the one to defeat Saturn, not Luffy" or "Kizaru is the main villain of the arc, not Saturn" but I'm always open to discuss my thoughts and explain my arguments if asked.

Sir Tuna Sandwich II

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I posted this yesterday

Theory:

> eternal power source
> last five minutes

:okay:

I meant that after this whole incident is resolved they would go to Elbaf and meet Shanks in some capacity. At the very least some of his chief men. Not that Shanks will come to Egghead to help deal with the situation
Ah i see yeah that could happen
Altho i gotta wonder, if Saturn gets defeated here or even get killed, wouldn the WG at the minimum try to invade elbaf if they taking luffy there?

Ah i see yeah that could happen
Altho i gotta wonder, if Saturn gets defeated here or even get killed, wouldn the WG at the minimum try to invade elbaf if they taking Nika there?
Yeah, they would try to go after them. But Elbaf is above Wano in unknown military power for the WG. Having just one giant in the Marines meant the world to them, imagine an army of them (especially when Oda updates their power level to New World standards). The WG couldn't carelessly invade due to that + knowing it's an island affiliated with Shanks

There's no real size scaling in One Piece which is why people that try to pixel scale are kinda braindead.

The sizes are Big, Normal, and Small. That's it. Anything can fall under that spectrum depending on how Oda might want to draw it at any given time.
Sometimes not even that particular. Shanks is supposed to be normal human sized but look at him and Akainu vs Koby

Nika in front of the sun, high in the air, has really grown on me as an iconic One Piece moment. And the whole Bonney/Kuma flashback is what made it possible to feel this way
The series is full of the sun symbolism/sun god hints but it still makes me wish all the more that we had something like the Kuma flashback before gear 5 that properly set up Nika, instead of just an offhand mention by Who's Who. But all's well that ends well.
Post automatically merged:

Kizaru - "I am not built for this"
What he's really thinking: "I'm really sick of that damn drum beat"