Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a REALLY good feeling about her, and I’ve never been the kind of person who thinks every prominent new character in an arc has a shot at sailing with our protagonists. Yamato is a strong female, seems to have a dream/passion she wants to achieve, and already has a great rapport with/desire to fight alongside Luffy...the stars feel like they’re aligning, I haven’t had this notion since Brook’s first appearance.
Agreed. After post ts I had only this kind of feeling with jimbei, Pedro, and yamato
Post automatically merged:

Thats against the rules. Using Ulti isn't fair.

Also I don't think we get big Yamato FB. We had Oden, we will get Kaido, thats too much FBs for an Arc.
+ one of the all-stars FB too I think.

It's a dream, but it's not a Strawhat dream. It's entirely too vague and not personal enough. It's a crappy lesser version of Nami and Franky's dream, who are doing the exact same thing but for a specific reason that ties into their character history.
And allowing the Fishman race to get equality isn't vague? The most we have on that is bringing the island to the surface. It's actually pretty interesting that both Jinbe and Pedro's dreams rely entirely on Luffy. And the history possessed by Zunesha and Noah bring in relation to those 2 races.

Odens will is to open the borders of Wano, as such is Yamato's will and dream. Her dream will be fulfilled by the arc's conclusion. Not to mention she doesn't have a distinct enough look. She's Nami with horns. If Oda is going to take the time to create a new female Straw Hat, then you can bet he will take the time to make her look unique.
I'd say there is more than just opening Wano. Oden said himself that Kozuki clan closed off Wano in order to protect Wano from a certain force (most likely WG). So I think until that 'force' is defeated, then Wano will still be closed.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I'd say there is more to just opening Wano. Oden said himself that Kozuki clan closed off Wano in order to protect Wano from a certain force (most likely WG). So I think until that 'force' is defeated, then Wano will still be closed.
It's funny because when the war is over WG will be first to offer Wano a WG protection for some gold:milaugh:

And allowing the Fishman race to get equality isn't vague? The most we have on that is bringing the island to the surface. It's actually pretty interesting that both Jinbe and Pedro's dreams rely entirely on Luffy. And the history possessed by Zunesha and Noah bring in relation to those 2 races.
There is literally nothing vague about it. Jinbei wants to make a world where Fishmen and mermen can live on the surface, equal to humans, and aren't at risk of being kidnapped and sold into slavery, aided and abetted by a government that turns a blind eye to it due to both the money it brings in and it's ruling classes. It is a concrete goal that will resolve the Fishman plot that's been going on throughout the series. What about that is "vague?"

I'm also not sure what you mean by "relies entirely on Luffy." To an extent, all the Strawhats dream rely on Luffy. They wouldn't accomplish them without being on his crew. It'll still be individual Strawhat accomplishing their dream though- it will be Jinbei, not Luffy, that gains parity for his race.

what about jinbei's dream ? That isn't a straw hat kind of dream too.
It most certainly is. Jinbei's dream is a concrete goal, that he has developed through his tragic life and the people he loved. Same as every other Strawhat.

If oda really care about colors thats why he delay jinbe joining
Then may he also care about this order in English alphabet

AB - BROOK
CD- CHOPPER
EF - FRANKY
GH -
IJ - JINBE
KL - LUFFY
MN - NAMI
OP
QR - ROBIN
ST - SANJI
UV - USOPP
WX
YZ - ZORO

GH - hyori or hancock or hawkins
OP - onimaro or pedro or page One
WX - wsw

If oda really care about colors thats why he delay jinbe joining
Then may he also care about this order in English alphabet

AB - BROOK
CD- CHOPPER
EF - FRANKY
GH -
IJ - JINBE
KL - LUFFY
MN - NAMI
OP
QR - ROBIN
ST - SANJI
UV - USOPP
WX
YZ - ZORO

GH - hyori or hancock or hawkins
OP - onimaro or pedro or page One
WX - wsw
I personally believe those patterns tho. It's just too much of coincidence if it isn't true. I hope they'll call Yamato with other name so that she will fit into the pattern.

There's never a case in which a straw hat is introduced so late into an arc and then joined at the end of that arc. And this isn't just some random pattern either. It's done so that readers have the biggest impression of those characters since they are some of the first things seen of the new island. In addition to allowing for way more time for development of the character throughout the arc.

Let's provide some proof:

Romance Dawn - Chapters 1-7
Zoro - Name dropped chapter 2, Introduced chapter 3

Orange Town - Chapters 8-21
Nami - First appearance chapter 1 colour spread, Introduced chapter 8

Syrup Village - Chapters 23-41
Usopp - Introduced chapter 23

Baratie - Chapters 42-68
Sanji - Introduced chapter 43

Drum Kingdom - Chapters 130-154
Chopper - Introduced chapter 134

Alabasta - Chapters 155-217
Robin - Introduced chapter 114, multiple arcs in advance

Water 7 - Chapters 322-374
Franky - Name dropped chapter 327, Half intro chapter 329, Full intro chapter 335

Thriller Bark - Chapters 442-489
Brook - Introduced Chapter 442

WCI - Chapters 825-902
Jinbe - Name dropped chapter 69, Introduced chapter 528, waaaay in advance

In some cases, straw hats are introduced way before the arc they join. But they are NEVER introduced late into the arc. And as mentioned above, there's specific reasons that's the case. Just look at the scabbards. 5 of them were introduced before Wano even began. Kiku was introduced extremely early in the arc and then the Kawamatsu, Denjiro and Ashura Doji were all foreshadowed early on and were then teased even further with Holdem mentioning AD before his intro, Kawamatsu's constant silhouettes and Denjiro being Kyoshiro all along.

Things would be a bit better if Yamato was supposed to be some secret child that people didn't know about. It would explain why there wasn't a single mention of her for 70 chapters. But that's not the case. Everyone knows about Yamato, including BP fodders, Ulti talks about Kaido's family issues as if it is a regular occurrence, yet there were no name drops, mysterious appearances or anything regarding Yamato. Yamato only being mentioned a measly 4 chapters before appearing, despite the arc being 70 chapters long already. Pudding, a character in the exact same situation as Yamato as a daughter of a yonko was shown waaaay in advance all the way back at Fishman Island with intriguing ellipses and an apparent disgust towards Big Mom.
Ain't none of that for Yamato.

Compare that to Carrot...Zou arc started chapter 802, they arrived on Zou in chapter 804, which was also the same chapter Carrot was introduced in.

The last straw hat has to the toughest job of trying to feel like a real member of the crew that has shared in their experiences, despite joining the latest. We're so far into the game and they've missed so much already that it would only make sense for Oda to try and include them in as much of the journey as possible. A character joining the crew that was introduced in Wano was already tough enough since so much has happened, but for that character to be introduced this late into the arc, also with practically zero foreshadowing and build up is simply taking the mic. Carrot's been with the crew since Zou and has fought an emperor with them and saved their lives fighting a fleet singlehandedly for them. It's clear which character Oda's been working on for a long time in building relationships both with the crew and with the readers. And it's not the one first introduced 75 chapters into the damn arc. :seriously:

Last edited:
There is literally nothing vague about it. Jinbei wants to make a world where Fishmen and mermen can live on the surface, equal to humans, and aren't at risk of being kidnapped and sold into slavery, aided and abetted by a government that turns a blind eye to it due to both the money it brings in and it's ruling classes. It is a concrete goal that will resolve the Fishman plot that's been going on throughout the series. What about that is "vague?"

I'm also not sure what you mean by "relies entirely on Luffy." To an extent, all the Strawhats dream rely on Luffy. They wouldn't accomplish them without being on his crew. It'll still be individual Strawhat accomplishing their dream though- it will be Jinbei, not Luffy, that gains parity for his race.
It's vague because it does rely entirely on Luffy. He's not doing it himself, he himself admits that. While there is a tangible reason behind it, there's no tangible way to accomplish it without linking it back to Luffy.

You can say that all the Straw Hats rely on Luffy to attain their goal, but there is a tangible way to make it feasible (outside Usopp). While it is self-explanatory that once Luffy becomes the Pirate King, most of their goals will be accomplished, his dream never specifies how. Which is why I view Noah as an important factor in all this. Funnily enough, in both arcs, Fishman Island and Zou respectively, the Voice of All Things happens to Luffy. Not only that, reveals some hidden prophecy hidden about what the Sea Kings await for and why Zunesha was punished a 1000 years ago to keep traversing the sea nonstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.