Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Yeah. I know Oda's trying to hype up Luffy, but in doing so it feels like he has no agency or will of his own. Just carrying on the will and desire of someone else and it makes you wonder how much of Luffy really is Luffy and how much is the will of his devil fruit. Before it seemed like he was just following in Roger's footsteps and I figured Luffy carrying his will was just metaphorical, but now he and Roger both seem like they're carrying Joy Boy/Nika's literal will, which I guess is the Will of D itself and the will of Nika's fruit.

I really hope Luffy is able to reach a power that surpasses Nika to cement that Luffy himself is the greatest power in the world and what future people will remember.
He isn't hyping Luffy but Nika.

Dorry and Broggy - Nika

Bonney and Kuma - Nika

Elders - Nika

Luffy has taken a backseat and Nika became the MC.

Yeah. I know Oda's trying to hype up Luffy, but in doing so it feels like he has no agency or will of his own. Just carrying on the will and desire of someone else and it makes you wonder how much of Luffy really is Luffy and how much is the will of his devil fruit. Before it seemed like he was just following in Roger's footsteps and I figured Luffy carrying his will was just metaphorical, but now he and Roger both seem like they're carrying Joy Boy/Nika's literal will, which I guess is the Will of D itself and the will of Nika's fruit.

I really hope Luffy is able to achieve a power that surpasses Nika and demonstrates he has his own will to cement that Luffy himself is the one guiding his decisions and that he is greatest power in the world and what future people will remember him as. Not as Nika or Joy Boy, but as Pirate King Luffy.
This Nika overwanking is seriously killing this manga.

Unless Oda pulls the biggest twist and make the original Nika the actual final villain of the series in a bid to free Luffy from his corrupting influence, this overwanking is just cultish at this point.

He isn't hyping Luffy but Nika.

Dorry and Broggy - Nika

Bonney and Kuma - Nika

Elders - Nika

Luffy has taken a backseat and Nika became the MC.
This Nika overwanking is seriously killing this manga.

Unless Oda pulls the biggest twist and make the original Nika the actual final villain of the series in a bid to free Luffy from his corrupting influence, this overwanking is just cultish at this point.
It hurts tbh which is why I hope Luffy can sort of break free from Nika's influence and achieve a greater strength that comes from himself rather than his fruit and then tell everyone in the world that he isn't Nika. He's Monkey D. Luffy.

Something to prove that he's not some vessel for a fruit and a world hero, someone who has his own dream not taken from anyone else.

No turning back, Joyboy is depicted as a liberator so no villain
My hope is that Nika is Elbaf's big villain. Maybe he tries to completely take over Luffy's body with some giant, possibly royal faction, help. That way we have ourselves a giants civil war between Nika worshippers/cultists vs Luffy's friends/giant pirates.

As for Joyboy. I think he's a failed Luffy where he was taken over by Nika which ultimately caused the void century.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Remember lads this may be Chosen Piece but we still have the man that bust his ass to get where he is the Pink Mamba Koby
If Koby end up Rocks son imma be at a loss for words
You just gotta Respect Woby men.

No DF, No gifted Bloodline and no physical superiority...

Just a crybaby normie that fanboys someone who saved him yet worked his way to the top with pure hard work

The True MC of The Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.