[FNZ] Role Madness Castlevania : What is a Man? - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Certified Memelord

You know that I am in every way more powerful than you, Son. Humanity must pay for what they did to your mother OR DID YOU FORGET?!
You think I would forget such a thing? I fight you in memory of her!

The end of it all was bloody, father against son. Alucard seemed outmatched and overwhelmed. His weapons exhausted from the long adventure to get here. But before Richter left, he transferred the last of his power into a single weapon, an Axe. An Axe that should have been spent so very long ago, with just enough energy to make one final swing. Against all odds, it hit. Perfectly.

It wasn't a happy ending for Alucard, but...
It was an ending at least.

@Yoho , (Axe subweapon / One-Shot Vig) has been killed!
@Rej , (Dracula / Mafia Summoner Mafia Evolved Summoner) has been killed!

With all factions eliminated, this game ends in a Tie for all players!
Thank you all for playing. I hope you had a good time watching and playing. I will post the setup as soon as I get time, either this evening or tomorrow. Please feel free to chat and enjoy the post-game.
dem what a cluster

ggs

thats kinda ambiguous in terms of lylo. so all town has to die and mafia loses 1-1? its a bit unusual to see here but guess make sense if they get a free n0 kill start
Mafia didn’t lose the 1-1. They just didn’t auto win against another role with a kill potential. Game was played to completion. Rej literally had a jail ability that would have killed Yoho. It just wasn’t used lol. Mafia by all accounts would have won the end game here.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Mafia didn’t lose the 1-1. They just didn’t auto win against another role with a kill potential. Game was played to completion. Rej literally had a jail ability that would have killed Yoho. It just wasn’t used lol. Mafia by all accounts would have won the end game here.
understandable, i didnt know they got those abilities

i agree with letting it play out. i was crucified previously doing the same. ppl dont realize even free wins can be thrown away with activity so if town has even a 1% chance of winning (i.e if mafia just afks) the game shud continue

understandable, i didnt know they got those abilities

i agree with letting it play out. i was crucified previously doing the same. ppl dont realize even free wins can be thrown away with activity so if town has even a 1% chance of winning (i.e if mafia just afks) the game shud continue
Agree 100%. Let the silly clowns think the game is over. They can sit in their circus of wrongness. Run those games to completion like the Mafia gods intended.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
thats kinda ambiguous in terms of lylo. so all town has to die and mafia loses 1-1? its a bit unusual to see here but guess make sense if they get a free n0 kill start
It's the very opposite of ambiguous. I'd go as far as to suggest that if there is any ambiguity, it would only exist if the host chose to not follow the wording of their wincon. Eliminate all threats means eliminate all threats. As long as a single threat exists that prevents them from being able to win, the game is not called.

Can you play a little stronger in the early game phase?
Ok to be absolutely honest, I did forget this game was happening at the beginning thanks to me going to a Bachelors Party. That's not false.

I only ever remembered about the game because I randomly logged on while drunk, and saw the notification lol. Usually people tag me on discord when a game starts, and that didn't happen here. Not blaming them it's not their faults, but I honestly wasn't online for the first while and didn't even know the game was happening.

Also I suck at thread play lol. Even in my "prime" I was far more Mechs based, and I still ended up losing. My two MVPs are from when I basically was the scum team, but lost at the last ending part, and even that was years ago, when total thread posts were a fraction of the size lol.

Town Sigi is either late game where I can figure things out from a more limited pool of info (extremely rare), to completely useless (common), to counter productive (This game as an example in retrospect)

It's never useful, hence why it's never remembered lol

Also I have been thinking about just retiring from Mafia outside of being a sub or being tagged into a game altogether. Time is becoming harder to manage with my crap job and wanting to enjoy time out of it, I've been playing this game now half my life, mostly IRL Mafia then forum Mafia after Aries invited me, games are longer and have more posts with less abilities, and a lot of the OG friends I had are gone, so a lot of my passion has seeped away sadly. Then add On I'm not a good player even at my "best" let alone lost in my cups of booze as I am, so maybe I should find a decent game to try and find a good bowing out point. Maybe this Aries game or his final one, since I'll always join his games lol

Last edited:

Emil

Certified Memelord
It's the very opposite of ambiguous. I'd go as far as to suggest that if there is any ambiguity, it would only exist if the host chose to not follow the wording of their wincon. Eliminate all threats means eliminate all threats. As long as a single threat exists that prevents them from being able to win, the game is not called.
it doesnt say if in x-x scenario game is auto called or not like the other wincons do

so say if the game reached a state of 3 town - 3 mafia is it gonna play 2 or 3 more phases just to make it 0-3? thats unusual

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
it doesnt say if in x-x scenario game is auto called or not like the other wincons do

so say if the game reached a state of 3 town - 3 mafia is it gonna play 2 or 3 more phases just to make it 0-3? thats unusual
The game will not be called until all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated. At 3:3, if the Town has a way to kill the Mafia there could still be a tie. So the game would not be called until there is nothing that can prevent a Mafia victory. A wincon does not need to explicitly cover every single permutation when a simple "eliminate all threats" covers it adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.