[FNZ] Role Madness Castlevania : What is a Man? - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Complaints aside, Good Game to everyone!

First I want to say, sorry for getting worked up and pissy - at that point scum had effectively contaminated the thread presence

It was extremely difficult trying to pinpoint and weed down PoE from D1 and most of D2 as well

@Flower you played well in the beginning, I managed during D2 to place you into the PoE at first because I thought there was a possibility you were scum with RA. But after having gone through the claims and everything I realized there was a very big chance RA was just a vanilla townie.
Also with Ekko having flipped Busser and Kiku being confirmed Lightning Rod I figured if anyone had been miscleared it was you.
The logic was that if 2 out of 3 known chaos roles are already known to be town, then you are likely a scum chaos role.

Then, although I'll admit I didn't really actively notice it myself when I was alive - but you had a LOT of activity excuses going on, like "headache", "fever" - etc. etc.
It started to create a pattern where you always had a plausible cause for absence.

Your vote on me had little to no reason behind it, and you trying to blatanly write off my deduction from the WU's which were already confirmed to be true - I.E Yoho's vig shot and Kiku's LR
I felt more confident in your slot being PoE, fortunately for you people didn't really catch on immideately

Anyways well played, and good game!

--

@Ratchet you got dealt a terrible hand and you played it beyond what it should have been able to, massive kudos to that. You managed to manipulate people long enough to deal maximum damage. For me personally I knew something was really off when you wanted to push me for some really vague and weird reason.
What I also noticed was that you were always trying to spin my posts against me, whether that was to say "I didn't adress your concern" or if you were trying to put words in my mouth as to make me annoyed.

Also, when I asked you for reads and you were stalling I got even more confident with you not being town, especially when you uttered the words "a lot will depend on your flip". That sentence in my eyes should have been a dead giveaway for ANYONE that you never had any intention of suicide bombing that night. Those were not the words of a dying man, those were the words of a man who was caught slacking off.

But, even so, you managed even after my flip to convince RA and Yoho to vote a No-Lynch, which should have been impossible, you pulled through. So I guess I can't say anything but well fucking played!

--

@Rej You were automatically on the PoE because you were very sporadic in your appearances throughout the game, and as such put you in a very vulnerable position. Luckily for you there were other slots that kind of came in the same category; Namely RA and Michelle - with michelle probably being the most consistent out of the 3.

I did think some of what you had to say was good, you made me doubt Yo Tan with his tracker claim, so well played to that!

Your Reviver claim was extremely ballsy, but it should have been very clear that since you weren't Killed, attempted killed or had any revives to show for that you were most likely lying about your claim.
Either way, glad you played!

--

@Yo Tan Wa You were a champ this game, unfortunately I got swallowed in scum's game, and made a terrible mistake in self hammering. It was probably the wrost possible outcome for Town at that stage. Yours and Fuji's absence at those hours were sorely felt, and I made a terrible jdugement.

But outside of that, I think you were on top of your game - you were very easy to find as town, but Rej had managed to plant a seed of doubt that made me have you in the PoE by virtue of tracker having a possibility of being a scum role.

As I said in a post before I took my leave, I did say that based on the fact you were more or less the only person with reason enough to resist my wagon that you should probably be taken off the PoE on that merit alone.
And once you were off my PoE, I had actually just managed to find every single scum in the game.

Thanks for playing though, it was really enjoyable playing with you, well played my friend!
I hope to see you around!

--

@Fujishiro You were also a titan this game, we both made mistakes this game, and I'll not harp on too much on it. You were right about a lot of things, including Ratchet D1. And funnily enough our roles reversed in D2 where you were the one willing to give Ratchet a chance and I was vehemently against it.
We both made mistakes, but let me say this before anything else; It made me really happy to see you playing and engaging with the game, there's been a period where you've barely been engaging with the games you've played - and so it gave me great joy to share this playing field with you!

You were extremely easy to find as town, but with the Ratchet thing I had a very deep tinfoil that said you were aligned with Ratchet - but I found that scenario extremely extremely unlikely and were that to be the case it was already GG.

Very well played!

--

@Kiku you were able to secure your place in the town core quite easily with your Lighning Rod, but outside of that I do think your engagement with the game were minimal.
If you didn't have such a clear and obvious confirmation, I think you'd probably be mislynch material.

That being said though, you putting your foot down in D3 along with Yo Tan and Michelle was absolutely beautiful, and so if for nothing else than that I commend you for your Town Service!

Well played!

--

@Random Asshole On thread play I think your performance left something to be desired, but fortunately for you I had managed to piece the puzzle together and had you as town. This was through mechanics and also conjectures based on the game, on play you were impossible to pin.
You allowing Ratchet to live D3 with the No-Lynch was abyssmal, and quite unexpected.

Unfortunately for you, nobody cared to look through my legacy and shit to figure you were just town. But likewise, you didn't do anything about it either.

Anyway, GG

--

@Yoho from my PoV I felt like you were barely paying attention to the game, and felt like your head was somewhere else. It's for that reason I've kind of been a bit snappy with you this game; it kind of got me worked up and annoyed - it comes from a place of love for the game. I don't want to treat you like a noob anymore, you've played quite a handful of games by now, and I want to see you improve.

Like I said in the dead chat; I want you to become a dependable ally and a worthy foe.
The only issue as I said, I feel like you're kind of not in the game most of the time.

Like I tried to have you reason why you thought voting me was a good idea, the whole purpose of that was to get you to think. If you are able to vocalize your reason, if you can listen to your own reason and if you think it's actually as reasonable as you think in your head - etc.

And just as a final time, you should have realized just by reading the interaction between Ratchet and me and realize that Ratchet had a clear agenda of trying to get rid of me - no matter the cost. Though, the issue was that he didn't really have a strong case - or any case at all if you ask me. You let Ratchet and Flower sway you with their sweet honey words, which I honestly don't blame you for - both of them (esp. Ratchet) are masterclass manipulators.

So I'm sorry for leashing out on you, it does come from a good place.
And I think you had your moments where you were showing your potential, albeit you were quite misguided

All in all, I want to say good game, well played!
I hope you find the joy in these games, and play with us, you're improving every game and I am glad you're with us. So again, don't take my ranting too personal!

--

@Michelle You were the SK, and you played quite well in the thread given the position you were in.
Tonally and generally I thought you sounded quite towny, though the biggest detractor were definitely your activity levels. It felt like even though you showed up, you didn't really participate that much - most of the time.

You were kind of just coming by once in a while to remind us that you do in fact exist.

But, that aside the real only reason you were on my PoE was just numbers, which I'll be honest you were the least suspicious of my suspects, but you were there nontheless just because I could not make an argument with myself where I found any plausible errors in my PoE at the time. As it turns out, that was for the very reason because I had actually pinned every single non-town in my PoE.

Though on paper Yo Tan were still on my PoE legacy - I did make a note that clearly said that I believe because of his last appearance in my lifetime that he should be taken off. And at that point my PoE was Ratchet/ Rej/ Flower/ Michelle

Either way, like I mentioned in the dead chat; you were quite pleasant to play with, and I honestly deeply understand your frustration with the activity levels in these games - I felt it quite well myself this game.
The problem isn't the amount of posts in the thread, but rather the general feel of the thread and the overall engagement by the playerlist as a whole.
There were a few slots whose silence was defaning, and really hurt town's overall ability to take control of the thread.

But, negativity aside, again; Thank you so much for playing, it was a blast!
Good game, and well played!
You did the best you could!

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
😐 I'm just here to play not learn life lessons, of course I knew he was lying but I found it entertaining
Not talking about life lessons, just about the game.. But honestly Yoho, we're playing a game, if you're making a play that goes against your wincon, for no other reason than entertainment - then frankly that is just gamethrowing.

There are many other ways of having fun that doesn't include jeopardizing your faction.

So if that's the case, that you did it knowing full well it was against Town's interest, then I am disappointed.

I'm sure I don't need to say anymore on that..

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Not talking about life lessons, just about the game.. But honestly Yoho, we're playing a game, if you're making a play that goes against your wincon, for no other reason than entertainment - then frankly that is just gamethrowing.

There are many other ways of having fun that doesn't include jeopardizing your faction.

So if that's the case, that you did it knowing full well it was against Town's interest, then I am disappointed.

I'm sure I don't need to say anymore on that..
😐 it's not that serious

😐 it's not that serious
You should stop signing up to games if you have this attitude.

It might not be serious to you but there are people that pour hours into these games and having slots actively playing against the interests of their alignment is massively disrespectful to them.

Asking you to play to your win condition is the bare minimum of what should be expected and doing otherwise is just selfish

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Complaints aside, Good Game to everyone!

First I want to say, sorry for getting worked up and pissy - at that point scum had effectively contaminated the thread presence

It was extremely difficult trying to pinpoint and weed down PoE from D1 and most of D2 as well

@Flower you played well in the beginning, I managed during D2 to place you into the PoE at first because I thought there was a possibility you were scum with RA. But after having gone through the claims and everything I realized there was a very big chance RA was just a vanilla townie.
Also with Ekko having flipped Busser and Kiku being confirmed Lightning Rod I figured if anyone had been miscleared it was you.
The logic was that if 2 out of 3 known chaos roles are already known to be town, then you are likely a scum chaos role.

Then, although I'll admit I didn't really actively notice it myself when I was alive - but you had a LOT of activity excuses going on, like "headache", "fever" - etc. etc.
It started to create a pattern where you always had a plausible cause for absence.

Your vote on me had little to no reason behind it, and you trying to blatanly write off my deduction from the WU's which were already confirmed to be true - I.E Yoho's vig shot and Kiku's LR
I felt more confident in your slot being PoE, fortunately for you people didn't really catch on immideately

Anyways well played, and good game!

--

@Ratchet you got dealt a terrible hand and you played it beyond what it should have been able to, massive kudos to that. You managed to manipulate people long enough to deal maximum damage. For me personally I knew something was really off when you wanted to push me for some really vague and weird reason.
What I also noticed was that you were always trying to spin my posts against me, whether that was to say "I didn't adress your concern" or if you were trying to put words in my mouth as to make me annoyed.

Also, when I asked you for reads and you were stalling I got even more confident with you not being town, especially when you uttered the words "a lot will depend on your flip". That sentence in my eyes should have been a dead giveaway for ANYONE that you never had any intention of suicide bombing that night. Those were not the words of a dying man, those were the words of a man who was caught slacking off.

But, even so, you managed even after my flip to convince RA and Yoho to vote a No-Lynch, which should have been impossible, you pulled through. So I guess I can't say anything but well fucking played!

--

@Rej You were automatically on the PoE because you were very sporadic in your appearances throughout the game, and as such put you in a very vulnerable position. Luckily for you there were other slots that kind of came in the same category; Namely RA and Michelle - with michelle probably being the most consistent out of the 3.

I did think some of what you had to say was good, you made me doubt Yo Tan with his tracker claim, so well played to that!

Your Reviver claim was extremely ballsy, but it should have been very clear that since you weren't Killed, attempted killed or had any revives to show for that you were most likely lying about your claim.
Either way, glad you played!

--

@Yo Tan Wa You were a champ this game, unfortunately I got swallowed in scum's game, and made a terrible mistake in self hammering. It was probably the wrost possible outcome for Town at that stage. Yours and Fuji's absence at those hours were sorely felt, and I made a terrible jdugement.

But outside of that, I think you were on top of your game - you were very easy to find as town, but Rej had managed to plant a seed of doubt that made me have you in the PoE by virtue of tracker having a possibility of being a scum role.

As I said in a post before I took my leave, I did say that based on the fact you were more or less the only person with reason enough to resist my wagon that you should probably be taken off the PoE on that merit alone.
And once you were off my PoE, I had actually just managed to find every single scum in the game.

Thanks for playing though, it was really enjoyable playing with you, well played my friend!
I hope to see you around!

--

@Fujishiro You were also a titan this game, we both made mistakes this game, and I'll not harp on too much on it. You were right about a lot of things, including Ratchet D1. And funnily enough our roles reversed in D2 where you were the one willing to give Ratchet a chance and I was vehemently against it.
We both made mistakes, but let me say this before anything else; It made me really happy to see you playing and engaging with the game, there's been a period where you've barely been engaging with the games you've played - and so it gave me great joy to share this playing field with you!

You were extremely easy to find as town, but with the Ratchet thing I had a very deep tinfoil that said you were aligned with Ratchet - but I found that scenario extremely extremely unlikely and were that to be the case it was already GG.

Very well played!

--

@Kiku you were able to secure your place in the town core quite easily with your Lighning Rod, but outside of that I do think your engagement with the game were minimal.
If you didn't have such a clear and obvious confirmation, I think you'd probably be mislynch material.

That being said though, you putting your foot down in D3 along with Yo Tan and Michelle was absolutely beautiful, and so if for nothing else than that I commend you for your Town Service!

Well played!

--

@Random Asshole On thread play I think your performance left something to be desired, but fortunately for you I had managed to piece the puzzle together and had you as town. This was through mechanics and also conjectures based on the game, on play you were impossible to pin.
You allowing Ratchet to live D3 with the No-Lynch was abyssmal, and quite unexpected.

Unfortunately for you, nobody cared to look through my legacy and shit to figure you were just town. But likewise, you didn't do anything about it either.

Anyway, GG

--

@Yoho from my PoV I felt like you were barely paying attention to the game, and felt like your head was somewhere else. It's for that reason I've kind of been a bit snappy with you this game; it kind of got me worked up and annoyed - it comes from a place of love for the game. I don't want to treat you like a noob anymore, you've played quite a handful of games by now, and I want to see you improve.

Like I said in the dead chat; I want you to become a dependable ally and a worthy foe.
The only issue as I said, I feel like you're kind of not in the game most of the time.

Like I tried to have you reason why you thought voting me was a good idea, the whole purpose of that was to get you to think. If you are able to vocalize your reason, if you can listen to your own reason and if you think it's actually as reasonable as you think in your head - etc.

And just as a final time, you should have realized just by reading the interaction between Ratchet and me and realize that Ratchet had a clear agenda of trying to get rid of me - no matter the cost. Though, the issue was that he didn't really have a strong case - or any case at all if you ask me. You let Ratchet and Flower sway you with their sweet honey words, which I honestly don't blame you for - both of them (esp. Ratchet) are masterclass manipulators.

So I'm sorry for leashing out on you, it does come from a good place.
And I think you had your moments where you were showing your potential, albeit you were quite misguided

All in all, I want to say good game, well played!
I hope you find the joy in these games, and play with us, you're improving every game and I am glad you're with us. So again, don't take my ranting too personal!

--

@Michelle You were the SK, and you played quite well in the thread given the position you were in.
Tonally and generally I thought you sounded quite towny, though the biggest detractor were definitely your activity levels. It felt like even though you showed up, you didn't really participate that much - most of the time.

You were kind of just coming by once in a while to remind us that you do in fact exist.

But, that aside the real only reason you were on my PoE was just numbers, which I'll be honest you were the least suspicious of my suspects, but you were there nontheless just because I could not make an argument with myself where I found any plausible errors in my PoE at the time. As it turns out, that was for the very reason because I had actually pinned every single non-town in my PoE.

Though on paper Yo Tan were still on my PoE legacy - I did make a note that clearly said that I believe because of his last appearance in my lifetime that he should be taken off. And at that point my PoE was Ratchet/ Rej/ Flower/ Michelle

Either way, like I mentioned in the dead chat; you were quite pleasant to play with, and I honestly deeply understand your frustration with the activity levels in these games - I felt it quite well myself this game.
The problem isn't the amount of posts in the thread, but rather the general feel of the thread and the overall engagement by the playerlist as a whole.
There were a few slots whose silence was defaning, and really hurt town's overall ability to take control of the thread.

But, negativity aside, again; Thank you so much for playing, it was a blast!
Good game, and well played!
You did the best you could!
And last but certainly not least @SirDante

Thank you for hosting this game, it has been a rollercoaster for me, with ups and downs!
I'm happy I got to play, and I enjoyed it quite a lot!

You were a great host, and I appreciated that you did humor me with my silly messages in the PMs every now and then!

The setup was quite interesting, and I got a good challenge in trying to figure things out. I am sure you were also entertained by the unfolding of events this game, as it went in all directions and was quite unpredictable at times

Even though I was practially a vanilla, I had a lot of fun solving the game in the thread - even though as I suspected my hard work was mostly ignored and flower going so far as to completely shit on my efforts acting as if literally nothing had happened.

So again, thanks for the game!
You were a joy, and I'm happy to have had the honor of meeting my Master's (Ratchet) Master!
Hope to see you around more! ^^

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌

It might not be serious to you but there are people that pour hours into these games and having slots actively playing against the interests of their alignment is massively disrespectful to them.

Asking you to play to your win condition is the bare minimum of what should be expected and doing otherwise is just selfish
I always try to win, but if I don't or I tie it's not the end of the world and if you think not winning is the end all be all I suggest reevaluating how you see the world

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
😐 it's not that serious

Agree with Ripped here.

It's not about it being serious, but a game is only fun if we're on the same playingfield.
It's just a matter of simple respect and sportsmanship

This site is much more laidback and much more about the community coming together to just fuck around and have fun.
Nothing is better than you having fun in the game, but please don't let your entertainment be at the cost of jeopardizing your own team.

And last but certainly not least @SirDante

Thank you for hosting this game, it has been a rollercoaster for me, with ups and downs!
I'm happy I got to play, and I enjoyed it quite a lot!

You were a great host, and I appreciated that you did humor me with my silly messages in the PMs every now and then!

The setup was quite interesting, and I got a good challenge in trying to figure things out. I am sure you were also entertained by the unfolding of events this game, as it went in all directions and was quite unpredictable at times

Even though I was practially a vanilla, I had a lot of fun solving the game in the thread - even though as I suspected my hard work was mostly ignored and flower going so far as to completely shit on my efforts acting as if literally nothing had happened.

So again, thanks for the game!
You were a joy, and I'm happy to have had the honor of meeting my Master's (Ratchet) Master!
Hope to see you around more! ^^

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
I always try to win, but if I don't or I tie it's not the end of the world and if you think not winning is the end all be all I suggest reevaluating how you see the world
You're attacking the wrong angle here, he is taking issue to the fact that you in this context wrote off game throwing because it's "not that serious"

It was more about the sportsmanship and respecting the game.

I do want you to play and have fun, and I don't know if this is just a misunderstanding, but the point is that if you intentionally made a play that you knew went against your winning chances, that I am disappointed.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
You're attacking the wrong angle here, he is taking issue to the fact that you in this context wrote off game throwing because it's "not that serious"

It was more about the sportsmanship and respecting the game.

I do want you to play and have fun, and I don't know if this is just a misunderstanding, but the point is that if you intentionally made a play that you knew went against your winning chances, that I am disappointed.
Ahh no no I has no intention of throwing the game sometimes choices work out sometimes they don't that's all there is too it really I hope to play with you again in the future

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Ahh no no I has no intention of throwing the game sometimes choices work out sometimes they don't that's all there is too it really I hope to play with you again in the future
Alright, I'll let you off the hook, I don't think you went out of your way to intentionally hamper your winning chances.

As someone who has been a victim of Flower and Ratchet's manipulation, I know better than most how dangerous they are. On their own they're bad enough, but having both of them against you is nothing but a nightmare.

Flower's fooled me many times, she got the better of me when I was a newer player. The game that is stuck with me is the valentines game I played I think it was 2 years back atp, it was a no-claim game, and Flower managed to have me wrapped around her pinky and abused me until the very end.

Ratchet is a god tier diplomat, he is extremely well articulated. His sheer amount of years of experience with the game toppled with his ability to instill a sense of authority through his precise, sharp and calculated choice of words.
He is definitely a player I've had a respectful fear of, and as such has managed to turn that respect and fear against me with great proficiency.

It's only recently where I've started to kind of woken up from his alluring charm

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Join Ariess game Dante bro.
I second this @SirDante

I don't know if you're familiar with Aries, Lord Dante, but he is something of a mythical creature in the Mafia section.

He has made a name for himself with his games, they are really pushing the boundries of what a mafia game is, to the point you can start to question if this is mafia anymore.

It is pretty much as far from a traditional mafia setup as you can get.

If you want to classify it, Super Role Madness is the closest thing you get to categorize it - but in all fairness his games is a category of their own. We lovingly call them "Aries games"

It's complete mayhem, chaos and is the physical manifistated concept of ever increasing Atrophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.