One Piece Chapter 1118 - Be Free

Rate the chapter

• Total voters

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Don't most One Piece villains seek power and control like they do?

But their position as people who already have said power and control and who have ruled an empire of lies for over 800 years is interesting and more unique.
True, I like how they have their priorities straight they come up with a goal and plan and stick to it

Operation: Kill Vp- mission complete

Operation stop broadcast: mission complete (kinda)

Operation protect York, mother flame and punk records: mission complete

Vp didn't reveal anything that painted them as the bad guys in the arc

Competent villains are always cool gives me hope that imu isn't just a power hungry mad lad

I canโ€™t say Iโ€™m a huge fan of this development.

However, that doesnโ€™t change the fact that most of you complaining do so from a place of hatred of G5. This has been a real possibility since the beginning and makes perfect sense in-universe.

But yeah, dead manga, the great men of WG and twitter have decreed it so.

Last edited:
Gorosei are getting defeated in this arc . Zoro fight Venus. Mars might get hypetool by Bonney with nika help .
โ€˜If you think it is worst chapter, i tell you gorosei defeat chapter will supras 1118 as worest chapter ever .

Chapter in short:

Luffy and Bonney: do nika suckers fan service

Sanji: cries for help and observes threats and cries for help again

Giants: barely defend against a Gorosei

Nami: organizes

Gorosei: new plan bros

Zoro: saves the crew once again from total annihilation

Kizaru: still sleeps and recovers from the 2 oneshots he received

True, I like how they have their priorities straight they come up with a goal and plan and stick to it

Operation: Kill Vp- mission complete

Operation stop broadcast: mission complete (kinda)

Operation protect York, mother flame and punk records: mission complete

Vp didn't reveal anything that painted them as the bad guys in the arc

Competent villains are always cool gives me hope that imu isn't just a power hungry mad lad
This arc they're eating good, but they're still redeeming themselves for the Nika reveal on Wano, their actions throughout the manga regarding Luffy's fruit were extremely incompetent.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Gaimon D. Chest
โ€Ž
Cover Page:
-Yamato is so adorable, I love that we get a little adventure with her, like Jinbe's Cover Series before he joined the crew.
-Can't make out anyone behind her, though. One dude kinda looks like Pandaman, not sure.

Page 2:
-(Whistles while looking at the Ancient Robot) Now THAT is a giant jobber
-Bruh this was a bad day to be a Marine invading Egghead Island
-If Vegapunk had just glued the fucking Den Den Mushi to the robot, we would have heard the end of the message. Fantastic.

Page 3:
-"Joy Boy is gonna come back with the milk and cigarettes any day now, I swear. I'm sorry I spilled coffee on your Pokemon card collection, Joy Boy."
-What fucking Marine thought Warcury was a Mammoth? The hell? Somewhere Jack is mad and probably jobbing (god damn it Oda)
-Warcury's design has grown on me, at this point the only Gorosei that looks goofy as fuck to me is still WOOOOOOOOOOOORM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
-Really like TCB's robot text font, looks great

Page 4:
-In Alabasta, home of my queen and yours Vivi, we see Vivi's friend/love interest, Koza, who is now the Environmental Minister of Alabasta, his father, Toto, the man who helped dig up the water Luffy used to turn into Water Luffy to fight Crocodile, and Kappa, the Shoeshine boy (he's to the right) Koza stopped from joining the civil war in Alabasta. Kappa was the kid who saw that Mr. 2 was an imposter, not the real King Cobra, when Mr. 2 shot up Alabastan citiziens while disguised as Cobra. Mr. 1 and Ms. Doublefinger found him, and beat him up, but Kappa survived and later cleared the King's name. Boy. One Piece sure is complicated!
-Koza is hotter than Sanji and Sabo, there, I said it. Vivi's got game.
-Rebecca's side-eye to Leo is probably my favorite part of the chapter, you can tell she's had it up to hear with Leo's comments on the situation.

Page 5:
-York "Huh? What's up?" has me rolling, she and the Gorosei are so casual now.
-Lilith and Atlas are finally getting targeted again. I've expected Lilith to survive this arc, if Atlas dies, it will be holding something up. Either catching the Sunny, or the Labophase (more on that later).
-Since Edison is no longer connecting, we can assume Edison has also died. o7, Edison.

Page 6:
-I just love how BIG their ship is. Feels cool.

Page 7:
-Bonney's Haki surpassing most Vice Admiral's isn't that surprising. Bonney spent most of her life unable to go out into the sun, grew up getting bullied, suffered from a horrible disease and couldn't see her father while getting cured, and then BECAME A PIRATE to hunt him down and save after she found out the truth, when she was TWELVE. The Marines go around helping assassinate cool old men for super shitty old men. Bonney has leagues more will power than the trash serving pure evil. The Marines are constantly fighting people weaker than them, while pirates like Bonney and the Straw Hats are constantly challenging people stronger than them, of course most Marines have shit Haki, they're overglorified babysitters for child sex traffickers. Watching Bonney turn Charlos's Security Detail into literal children is hilarious, fuck the Marines. Only respectable ones are the ones willing to abandon orders to follow true justice like Drake and Smoker. And Oda LOVES making them job, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-

-Admiral Bluegrass?!?!?

Page 8:
-Bro Oimo laughing at Kashi getting walloped, that's hilarious

Page 9:
-Good observation from Sanji. Gonna be really hard to escape, now.
-I LOVE everything about the Chef of the Giant Pirates, dude looks so cool/chill.

Page 10:
-The Marines having no idea the Gorosei are on their side is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny to me, they have no idea what the hell is happening right now
-The Giant is literally on fire. Does Sanji get water? No. "Thanks for having our backs, Giants!" BE MORE USELESS WHY DON'T YOU NUMBER 4???
-Dorry and Brogy said the quiet part outloud: they aren't escaping on ship. There is only one hope for escape: Kuma teleporting everyone to Wano Act 4, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT'S RIGHT, BABY, CAN'T KEEP A GOOD PLUTON DOWN, KAIDO AND BIG MOM ARE FUCKING IN THAT VOLCANO AND SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO ERUPT, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Page 11:
-Damn, they're about to blame Luffy for climate change, shit. Crazy his powers work on water, but, if Aokiji can freeze it, no reason Luffy can't... uh... make the ocean... free? Whatever
-I swear to GOD Mars face was BUILT for vertical reaction panels. No idea if that was a conscious decision, but, damn. If you have extra page space, and need a hard-hitting vertical reaction panel, call Marcus Mars and Demonic Associates. They'll fit him in!
-"Our ships on fire! Our crewmates are on fire! Damn, these Drums of Liberation got that BASS, tho. I'm gotta bust it back, Brogy."
-"Dorry, what is this? Sun God Nika has liberated my cheeks and hips, I can't stop twerking with this bad thaaaaaaang."
-My god the Fruit actually turns people into goofy goobers, holy moley
-Ya'll mad

Page 12-13:
-Since Luffy's power "frees" the world around him, Bonney wanting to turn into Nika is made easier BECAUSE Nika is there. IE, Bonney using Gear 5 could very well be tied to Luffy using it. If Luffy isn't in Gear 5 and near her, I think it will be harder for Bonney to get into the form and maintain it.
-Imagine that Kuma can tell what's going on, he just can't move/respond. I hope he can see his daughter become free.
-LOL the Gorosei "why the fuck are we sensing two Nikas?!?!?"
-SHUT THE FUCK UP ROBOT NO ONE CARES

Starting to think the Labophase is going to come crashing down soon, and that's the arc bomb.

The reason Egghead has Sea Clouds/Sky Clouds is because of its Air Conditioning system. If that breaks, theoretically, the clouds being produced would... well, dissipate. Guess what has a crack in it thanks to bottom of the lab falling down? Yep. The Cloud Creation device:

Edison even mentioned he can't generate more clouds.

We know from Stussy that the Labophase has a Weapon Development Floor that is susceptible to shockwaves. We know from Lulusia the power a small fragment of the Mother flame can produce.

If the Labophase fell, and the Weapon Development Floor goes off, and starts a chain reaction with the Mother Flame... Bye bye, Egghead. BOOM.

So, I think Atlas (who has a jetpack mind you) might end up "holding up" the world, or, the information of the world, Punk Records, to keep it from exploding.

In this case, the Gorosei would actually want to keep Atlas alive/help her, as they DO NOT want to lose the Mother Flame.

If this is where Oda takes us, I'm fine with it.

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
This arc they're eating good, but they're still redeeming themselves for the Nika reveal on Wano, their actions throughout the manga regarding Luffy's fruit were extremely incompetent.
They kept underestimating him expecting someone else to take him out

I don't think they're underestimating him any more