Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1118 - Be Free

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Honestly, Bonney being Nika is the least outrageous shit about this chapter.
Her being Nika at least makes sense story wise more than Goofy. She had story revolving around Nika instead of being asspulled and her DF was not mere rubber garbage.
If you can swallow Goofy being Nika, there should be no problem with Bonney for you.

The worst part of this chapter is that plot literally did not move ONCE until Bonney transformed.

The worst part of this chapter is that plot literally did not move ONCE until Bonney transformed.
A manga is not a movie, sometimes its good to have a chapter focused solely on revelations. Plus its quite false since we learned that the robot is actually sentient / The giant made it to the ship / The Gorosai are now targetting the strawhats

Cover Page:
-Yamato is so adorable, I love that we get a little adventure with her, like Jinbe's Cover Series before he joined the crew.
-Can't make out anyone behind her, though. One dude kinda looks like Pandaman, not sure.

Page 2:
-(Whistles while looking at the Ancient Robot) Now THAT is a giant jobber
-Bruh this was a bad day to be a Marine invading Egghead Island
-If Vegapunk had just glued the fucking Den Den Mushi to the robot, we would have heard the end of the message. Fantastic.

Page 3:
-"Joy Boy is gonna come back with the milk and cigarettes any day now, I swear. I'm sorry I spilled coffee on your Pokemon card collection, Joy Boy."
-What fucking Marine thought Warcury was a Mammoth? The hell? Somewhere Jack is mad and probably jobbing (god damn it Oda)
-Warcury's design has grown on me, at this point the only Gorosei that looks goofy as fuck to me is still WOOOOOOOOOOOORM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
-Really like TCB's robot text font, looks great

Page 4:
-In Alabasta, home of my queen and yours Vivi, we see Vivi's friend/love interest, Koza, who is now the Environmental Minister of Alabasta, his father, Toto, the man who helped dig up the water Luffy used to turn into Water Luffy to fight Crocodile, and Kappa, the Shoeshine boy (he's to the right) Koza stopped from joining the civil war in Alabasta. Kappa was the kid who saw that Mr. 2 was an imposter, not the real King Cobra, when Mr. 2 shot up Alabastan citiziens while disguised as Cobra. Mr. 1 and Ms. Doublefinger found him, and beat him up, but Kappa survived and later cleared the King's name. Boy. One Piece sure is complicated!
-Koza is hotter than Sanji and Sabo, there, I said it. Vivi's got game.
-Rebecca's side-eye to Leo is probably my favorite part of the chapter, you can tell she's had it up to hear with Leo's comments on the situation.

Page 5:
-York "Huh? What's up?" has me rolling, she and the Gorosei are so casual now.
-Lilith and Atlas are finally getting targeted again. I've expected Lilith to survive this arc, if Atlas dies, it will be holding something up. Either catching the Sunny, or the Labophase (more on that later).
-Since Edison is no longer connecting, we can assume Edison has also died. o7, Edison.

Page 6:
-I just love how BIG their ship is. Feels cool.

Page 7:
-Bonney's Haki surpassing most Vice Admiral's isn't that surprising. Bonney spent most of her life unable to go out into the sun, grew up getting bullied, suffered from a horrible disease and couldn't see her father while getting cured, and then BECAME A PIRATE to hunt him down and save after she found out the truth, when she was TWELVE. The Marines go around helping assassinate cool old men for super shitty old men. Bonney has leagues more will power than the trash serving pure evil. The Marines are constantly fighting people weaker than them, while pirates like Bonney and the Straw Hats are constantly challenging people stronger than them, of course most Marines have shit Haki, they're overglorified babysitters for child sex traffickers. Watching Bonney turn Charlos's Security Detail into literal children is hilarious, fuck the Marines. Only respectable ones are the ones willing to abandon orders to follow true justice like Drake and Smoker. And Oda LOVES making them job, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-

-Admiral Bluegrass?!?!?

Page 8:
-Bro Oimo laughing at Kashi getting walloped, that's hilarious

Page 9:
-Good observation from Sanji. Gonna be really hard to escape, now.
-I LOVE everything about the Chef of the Giant Pirates, dude looks so cool/chill.

Page 10:
-The Marines having no idea the Gorosei are on their side is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny to me, they have no idea what the hell is happening right now
-The Giant is literally on fire. Does Sanji get water? No. "Thanks for having our backs, Giants!" BE MORE USELESS WHY DON'T YOU NUMBER 4???
-Dorry and Brogy said the quiet part outloud: they aren't escaping on ship. There is only one hope for escape: Kuma teleporting everyone to Wano Act 4, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT'S RIGHT, BABY, CAN'T KEEP A GOOD PLUTON DOWN, KAIDO AND BIG MOM ARE FUCKING IN THAT VOLCANO AND SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO ERUPT, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Page 11:
-Damn, they're about to blame Luffy for climate change, shit. Crazy his powers work on water, but, if Aokiji can freeze it, no reason Luffy can't... uh... make the ocean... free? Whatever
-I swear to GOD Mars face was BUILT for vertical reaction panels. No idea if that was a conscious decision, but, damn. If you have extra page space, and need a hard-hitting vertical reaction panel, call Marcus Mars and Demonic Associates. They'll fit him in!
-"Our ships on fire! Our crewmates are on fire! Damn, these Drums of Liberation got that BASS, tho. I'm gotta bust it back, Brogy."
-"Dorry, what is this? Sun God Nika has liberated my cheeks and hips, I can't stop twerking with this bad thaaaaaaang."
-My god the Fruit actually turns people into goofy goobers, holy moley
-Ya'll mad

Page 12-13:
-Since Luffy's power "frees" the world around him, Bonney wanting to turn into Nika is made easier BECAUSE Nika is there. IE, Bonney using Gear 5 could very well be tied to Luffy using it. If Luffy isn't in Gear 5 and near her, I think it will be harder for Bonney to get into the form and maintain it.
-Imagine that Kuma can tell what's going on, he just can't move/respond. I hope he can see his daughter become free.
-LOL the Gorosei "why the fuck are we sensing two Nikas?!?!?"
-SHUT THE FUCK UP ROBOT NO ONE CARES

Starting to think the Labophase is going to come crashing down soon, and that's the arc bomb.

The reason Egghead has Sea Clouds/Sky Clouds is because of its Air Conditioning system. If that breaks, theoretically, the clouds being produced would... well, dissipate. Guess what has a crack in it thanks to bottom of the lab falling down? Yep. The Cloud Creation device:

Edison even mentioned he can't generate more clouds.

We know from Stussy that the Labophase has a Weapon Development Floor that is susceptible to shockwaves. We know from Lulusia the power a small fragment of the Mother flame can produce.

If the Labophase fell, and the Weapon Development Floor goes off, and starts a chain reaction with the Mother Flame... Bye bye, Egghead. BOOM.

So, I think Atlas (who has a jetpack mind you) might end up "holding up" the world, or, the information of the world, Punk Records, to keep it from exploding.

In this case, the Gorosei would actually want to keep Atlas alive/help her, as they DO NOT want to lose the Mother Flame.

If this is where Oda takes us, I'm fine with it.
Nicely written. I also see great potential in the Cover Story. Perhaps Oda will do something similar to what he did with the Germas Cover Story where we saw Kuzan and Van Auger infiltrating Whole Cake Island, and right after seeing them in present time in the Manga with the kidnapped Pudding.

Will a third party show up in Wano? It could be Blackbeard because of Caribou telling him or Crocodile, who was drawn next to Momo when Vegapunks' message was about the ancient weapons.

I wouldn't mind if Blackbeard got Poseidon and the Cross Guild got the Pluton. That would set the obstacles even higher for the straw hats, fighting on several fronts. A true battle royale like Oda told us. Everyone vs Everyone

:steef:

Also, Kaidou and Big Mom's whereabouts. We saw the Big Mom pirate ship near Wano. After Big Mom fell into the Magma, they would have had a good reason to show up. Perhaps they saw that her vivre card was still intact? Guess we will see soon enough, if oda plans their comeback or not.

:brootea:

Ohk someone clear my doubt.

If I undertoos this panel correctly.

Warcury and Jupiter(assumption) are going to Lilith.
Mars and Saturn went to Atlas.
Nasujuro still extreme diffing with zori.
But here
Warcury and Gorosei stopped to notice something.

But Saturn is missing in the equation
Where did bro go?

Imagine 11 of them if LOda has Bonney use Distorted Nika Future on all of the Straw Hats. Naruto-tier EOS crap. :josad:
Even with Naruto at least it made sense. Chakra sharing was a thing from part 1, but this is just ass on a whole new level.

Wait until buggy gets it too and
3 of them jump Imu
Wuggy doesn't need that nika bullshit. He's his own man and Oda knows that