Which Leg did Vergo use?

• Left Leg

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Right leg

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is a thing guys, I didn't give much thought about it and even made fun of Critical Mindset because I never looked deeply into it and Vergo going Criss Cross like he's sitting on a chair to flex on Sanji seemed like nothing more than a Meme. But then I discussed this topic further with Critical Mindset on Discord and while I am not sure if this really happened:

And one can look at this panel and trace it like this which is the Loading up movement of the Round House Kick

But there are a few fundamental problems, and let me as who had done fair share of Muay Thai and Tai-Kwon Do Educate you on Fundamental Body Mechanics of a Round-House Kick.

There are few points to notice here, one obvious point, is that you have to pivot the opposite leg

And Based on Positioning of Vergo's Body, that Pivot is entirely missing.

That Pivot would also result in Upper Body Turn as we can see here

Here is a better angle

But that upper body turn is also missing, which is biomechanically impossible, look for it yourself and try to replicate that movement of upper body, you'll have to shatter your pelvis bone to accomplish that lol

So while once again I am not sure about Switch Leg, Vergo's Upper Body is looking a lot more like this than anything

And then there is movement of Foot. The Loading Stage where you Pivot your Body, the foot will be parallel with your shin, like this, and you ready to kick.

But Vergo has his Foot being perpendicular to the shin

He is making an L, setting up blue print for Sanji's Post Time Skip Career.

And A Round House Kick, with Right Foot Plant Should have Vergo's Coat Flailing Back Wards, unless it is made out of Iron lol. But it is curling, which can only happen if Left foot is planted supporting it. If it is Right Foot, Supporting it then it is impossible for Coat to be curling like that.

These are the inconsistencies that make it hard for me to believe Vergo is performing a Left Legged Round House kick. But if you want to chalk, that up to Oda's inconsistent Drawing Style, his lack of knowledge or Round House kick, be my guest. Here is Nami Performing a Decent Round House kick tho, but it is anime only

INPUT FROM CRITICAL MINDSET and HIS SNAP SHOTS OF CHATGPT 4.0 EXPLANATION
(1) Critical Mindset never indicates to the Chatgtp4 that Vergo’s shoe is showing the curvature of a right shoe with the inside curvature facing upwards. Chatgtp4 merely analyses Vergo’s body and coat alignment

(2) Critical Mindset asks Chatgtp4 to find faults with his own arguments based on biomechanics, logic and physics and then make the strongest possible case for left leg based on biomechanics, logic and physics

(3) Critical Mindset only inquires Chatgtp4 about biomechanical factors and the logical ad physical factors of the clothing in this evaluation. If Oda has decided to draw the left leg or clothing in an exaggerated manner as he after all is the author and has “artistic licence” to do so, this is not something Chatgtp4 accounts for in its analysis. Only the physical and biomechanical and logical arguments of the feasability of Vergo’s stance and coat are factored into the analysis of Chatgtp4

Now you guys be on the judge, whether Vergo did a Criss Cross Mid Movement switch to Right Leg or performed one of the most biomechanically impossible and atrociously drawn Left Right Round House Kick.

@Fleet Leader Fenaker
@SakazOuki
@MarineHQ
@Sentinel
@HA001
@Chrono
@Fujishiro
@ZenZu
@MonsterKaido
@gz89
@Alpha
@Helda
@Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier
Super Trained Solder @Erkan12 @TheAncientCenturion @comrade @Sentinel @Akai2 @Blackbeard

Last edited:
Didn't get the ping somehow. Anyway great thread, Vergo was doing circus acts against Sanji simply cause he felt like it. Crazy shit, meanwhile Zoro's the one doing circus tricks with his swords while Lucci (who's >>>>> Vergo) is trying desperately to simply graze his sideburns.
Even in Dressrosa Zoro destroyed Pica through his full-body Haki. It's clear why Oda never had him even look at Vergo.

I think someone shared an SBS and Oda answered that vergo was indeed using Right leg to kick.
From KickBoxing perspective, i fail to understand that stupid kick. Having it being left leg would KINDA make sense if we ignore some fundamentals but right leg to kick? Let alone generating power, it would be hard enough to even balance oneself.

Lolda is a clown.

Oda’s fight choreography has been total nonsense for well over a decade
That's one way of looking at it.
Post automatically merged:

I think someone shared an SBS and Oda answered that vergo was indeed using Right leg to kick.
From KickBoxing perspective, i fail to understand that stupid kick. Having it being left leg would KINDA make sense if we ignore some fundamentals but right leg to kick? Let alone generating power, it would be hard enough to even balance oneself.

Lolda is a clown.
But how does Vergo do Round House kick like that without tilting his upper body, it should break his pelvic bone.

49 tabs open? Holy shit bro close your tabs
Those ChatGPT snapshots are provided to me by critical mindset

How does Zoro’s mouth sword make a perfectly vertical cut with Oni Giri without Zoro snapping his neck?

The Diagonal cut comes from the sword in his mouth as if is perfectly aligned with the diagonal cut. Vertical cut comes from his left arm

Those ChatGPT snapshots are provided to me by critical mindset

The Diagonal cut comes from the sword in his mouth as if is perfectly aligned with the diagonal cut. Vertical cut comes from his left arm
That doesn’t make sense. His arms are perfectly symmetrical, so if one made a diagonal cut, then so did the other. We see in that panel that the sword in Zoro’s left arm is lined up with the “/“ cut

Status
Not open for further replies.