Which Leg did Vergo use?

• Left Leg

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Right leg

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how does Vergo do Round House kick like that without tilting his upper body, it should break his pelvic bone.
I totally get you, thats why i said if some fundamentals are ignored (tilting his upper body). I think im too focused on KICKING part which for me should generate power which I fail to see from that Right Kick stance. A cricus trick? Yes but a legitimate kick? No No lol.
You kind of traced vergo's body in the previous thread (assuming he kicked with left leg), that made the most sense tbh.

Lolda thought he cooked when he came up with that Right Leg reveal. Clown

That doesn’t make sense. His arms are perfectly symmetrical, so if one made a diagonal cut, then so did the other. We see in that panel that the sword in Zoro’s left arm is lined up with the “/“ cut
Why can't Zoro make a vertical cut with his arm lol? He made vertical cut and then finished on the side for proper momentum. Same concept applies in kick serve in tennis where you hit from the top but then finish on the side.
Post automatically merged:

Vergo threw one of the most biomechanically inefficient kicks possible.

This is called the "reverse roundhouse kick". The reason you probably haven't heard of it is that it's not effective. You can't generate much power with it.

The fact that vergo still broke Sanji is just humiliating.
Lol Reverse Round House kick is not biomechanically inefficient at all, if landed, it can knock an opponent out cold but reverse round house quick first of all requires turning your body opposite side of your opponent, it still requires same upper body tilt and pivot which his missing.

Why can't Zoro make a vertical cut with his arm lol? He made vertical cut and then finished on the side for proper momentum. Same concept applies in kick serve in tennis where you hit from the top but then finish on the side.
Because we see the angle of his arm swords after the swing, and they were clearly swung diagonally. I mean, Zoro starts off Oni Giri by crossing his arms to make an X shape…

Anybody who can draw will see that Oda was trying to convey Vergo spinning to his right as he is kicking Sanji with his left leg. It's indeed poorly drawn, but still, even badly drawn, makes way more sense if Vergo is kicking with his left leg; which is why virtually every adaptation of Oda's work understood it that way.

This is what Oda was trying to draw, but better drawn and from a higher angle:

Also, it would be too much of a continuity confusion for Vergo to prepare his kick with his left leg and to break off his clash with Sanji with also the left leg only for the clash itself to have been done with his right leg after changing to it off-screen before and after the kick. That kills the sequentiality of the panels.

Because we see the angle of his arm swords after the swing, and they were clearly swung diagonally. I mean, Zoro starts off Oni Giri by crossing his arms to make an X shape…

I guess then he made a vertical cut by moving his head from up to down like so and used top edge of his sword tilting to the side. Blade is still sharp you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.