Powers & Abilities What character in One Piece is completely underusing their abilities? I think it’s Kidd.

There’s a very significant difference between Luffy and kids personality, the playfulness. Luffy would regularly experiment and play with his fruit. Kid never had that jovial personality.
It’s actually the opposite, Kid was a creative child lol

I think you’re looking to excuse Oda’s clear lack of imagination or urge to be different from the rest authors and ruin magnetism

But that’s the limits of kids imagination, was putting together robots and mechs. That’s the point he never branched off and did anything beyond make more robots and weapons with his fruit.
in order to create the mecha robot he will need to understand wiring, electronics and etc. You mean to tell me he never imagine using that as a weapon? His DF clearly harnesses electromagnetism

Again, it sounds like a bad excuse lol
Oda has been lazy with the Kid Pirates and their powers, I mean he even admitted that he gave Killer his name out of laziness.
lmao true

The hope with guys like Fuji tho is that Oda has treated the admirals good with their DFs. Kizaru was able to make light reflections and change the trajectory of his fall. So I hope Fuji does more than pushing people and dropping meteors, it was cool the first few times

Katakuri using it as an acceletator for his attacks

Katakuri using it as a projectile

Katakuri using it as a weapon

Using it to increase his speed

The versatility he has with it makes Kid's look like a joke.
But Kid does the exact same thing

Projectile:
- damned punk
- punk pistol

Enhanced speed/mobility:
- punk rotten(he uses this to levitate)
- punk corna dio

Enhanced hand to hand combat:
- repel
- punk Gibson
- assign

The only difference between the two is that while Oda allowed Kata to look strong, he always has Kid be a hype tool or get overshadowed by stronger supernova.

Usopp, couldn't he have just shot an exploding star down Page One's throat destroying his internal organs, why does he need to attack externally

I think Kid could have used assign more creatively, but I think that’s fine given he recently awakened and didn’t have as good of mastery over it. We’ll probably see better uses of it if he comes back in elbaf.

Apart from that it would have been nice to see him use some sort of a pure speed form like G2 or snakeman. But tbh that wouldn’t have been very useful against BM.

. It’s not like Law who’s understanding of the human body, and medical process allowed him to create unique and insane abilities with his fruit. Even allowing it to mimic another fruit in Corazons.
That’s not it. Law’s fruit is just overpowered to a degree Kid’s isn’t.

Doffy knew exactly what Law’s fruit could do. He never got the best of him 1v1.
Post automatically merged:

I think the fact Kid is awakened probably means that he is the best possible user of the magnetism fruit.

DFs are the realization of dreams. What type of dream is the magnet fruit trying to realize?

The magnet fruit was probably created by a dream of some mechanic to create giant mechs. Maybe even the dream of whomever created Emeth.

Awakenings seem to require the user to align in some way with the fruit. Hence nobody awakened the Nika fruit for hundreds of years. Hence even Kaido couldn’t awaken the dragon fruit.

Last edited:
I think Kid could have used assign more creatively, but I think that’s fine given he recently awakened and didn’t have as good of mastery over it. We’ll probably see better uses of it if he comes back in elbaf.

Apart from that it would have been nice to see him use some sort of a pure speed form like G2 or snakeman. But tbh that wouldn’t have been very useful against BM.

Doffy knew exactly what Law’s fruit could do. He never got the best of him 1v1.

I think the fact Kid is awakened probably means that he is the best possible user of the magnetism fruit.

DFs are the realization of dreams. What type of dream is the magnet fruit trying to realize?

The magnet fruit was probably created by a dream of some mechanic to create giant mechs. Maybe even the dream of whomever created Emeth.

Awakenings seem to require the user to align in some way with the fruit. Hence nobody awakened the Nika fruit for hundreds of years. Hence even Kaido couldn’t awaken the dragon fruit.
Magnetism if used correctly is completely busted. Kid just used it likely a poor green lantern with very limited imagination.

But Kid does the exact same thing

Projectile:
- damned punk
- punk pistol
punk pistol and dammed punk are actually cool applications, just need haki imo

Enhanced speed/mobility:
- punk rotten(he uses this to levitate)
- punk corna dio
Corna Dio and punk rotten look slow af and he has never used repel in battle for mobility.

Enhanced hand to hand combat:
- repel
- punk Gibson
- assign
again, never used repel in battle and punk gibson is just "big punch" I showed Katakuri is more than that

Magnetism should be overpowered. One Piece is the only series it isn't

Magnetism should be overpowered. One Piece is the only series it isn't
That’s largely due to the existence of haki.

Kid would have been much more formidable if Oda introduced him earlier in the series and had him be a pre skip villain.

But because haki exists magnetism just isn’t as relevant. Magnetism lets you control metal. But with haki you can already become harder than metal. Not only that but because it’s a DF power, haki can negate the effects of magnetism.

That’s largely due to the existence of haki.

Kid would have been much more formidable if Oda introduced him earlier in the series and had him be a pre skip villain.

But because haki exists magnetism just isn’t as relevant. Magnetism lets you control metal. But with haki you can already become harder than metal. Not only that but because it’s a DF power, haki can negate the effects of magnetism.
Oda can easily make it like Fuji, where haki can't counter it as easily. Electromagnetism is a natural phenomena like gravity

punk pistol and dammed punk are actually cool applications, just need haki imo

Corna Dio and punk rotten look slow af and he has never used repel in battle for mobility.

again, never used repel in battle and punk gibson is just "big punch" I showed Katakuri is more than that
He used repel to throw BM with his metal arm

Also his mechs don’t give him sanji level speeds, but they do improve his mobility.

He used it here to get leverage over BM.

He used repel to throw BM with his metal arm

Also his mechs don’t give him sanji level speeds, but they do improve his mobility.

He used it here to get leverage over BM.
I'm saying for mobility and cqc purposes in combat he doesn't use repel. The only time he used repel was to push BM into a trap.

He used Corna Dio as the punching bag from him to jump off lol.

If you want to keep defending this trash by all means go ahead, there's a reason why a majority of us found his df powers underwhelming.

Most users. But they are limites to their personality which is great imo.

Give Ace's DF to Usopp and he still will be fodder.

If you want to keep defending this trash by all means go ahead, there's a reason why a majority of us found his df powers underwhelming.
I was underwhelmed.

But Kid canonically isn’t bad at using his powers. Rather he’s awakened meaning he fully mastered the base powers of his fruit.

Rather the issue is just with how Kid is written by Oda. He writes Kid to be a failure. He doesn’t give him advanced haki and limits the scope of the magnet fruit so that Kid is much weaker than Luffy.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
Though Oda could have given the same versatility to other characters with their devil fruits. Kidd is one example of this, amongst many others, given the many powers and potential applications of magnetism but Oda clearly underdelivered with it. It's far from the level of power and versatility Magneto has gone through with his magnetic powers.
yet that isn’t even kidds personality he’s a brawler so it makes sense for kidd to not be in the level of magneto who in his own right is a genius Kidd clearly isn’t he has a one track mind and doesn’t even listen to reason or his bestfriend.

katakuri is poised and intelligent and honed his own skills to protect his siblings meanwhile Kidd just thinks he’s the strongest without really working on his df abilities he’s a pure brawler that much is clear.