General & Others Zoro s confirmed to be the deuteragonist.

It's obvious enough Oda is Restricting zori unlike other Deuteragonist.
Like look at what happened to Gojo , Levi , Killua.
Oda cannot let zori pass Luffy in one piece.
He changed things accordingly.
Even then, Zoro always has clear screen time and sometimes, it is better in comparison to other strawhats. In dire situations, he acts as the rational head of the crew, basically Luffy's right hand or to make it more accurate, "right wing".
He is also the only strawhat who is a supernova. If he was just an "ally" to the protagonist, why is Zoro the only exception among them? Why isn't Sanji a supernova as well?

At worst, I would say both Zoro and Nami are deuteragonists but at least Nami also has good arguments for it.

A deuteragonist needs to influence the story significantly? Did I miss something? Law is one of the more important side characters but he isn't replacing a strawhat, let alone Zoro.

Does Genos influence the story in anyway?
Does Sherlock's sidekick have huge influence over it as well?
Isn't Thorfinn's best buddy the deuteragonist, too? Does he heavily influence the story?
Zoro is important in what exactly? is he irreplaceable?
Does Luffy need zoro to be pk? Cause we all know someone else could easily fill up his spot and take down the enemies he beats...
Combat wise, he's just another fighter

He doesn't move the story
He can die, Luffy will still be pk

Other than being popular to fans and oda gifting him fanservice moments, the dude isn't fleshed out properly as a character. He's just there to fight as Luffy's underling

Law has already replaced Zoro , the whole Post ts is about Law being the trigger of many plots
The only SHs Luffy doesn't need really are Zoro, Brook, Ussop & Jinbei (except when he's the one steering the ship but that's something Nami & Franky do also)

Author said Ryuma dumbass, Zolo is not Ryuma, they are different personalities.
What? Ngl I knew you couldn't read.

Oda: "I prepared someone like Ryuma to be the 2nd MC".

Zoro is not Ryuma, but he is canonically like Ryuma as he is quite obviously Ryuma's parallel in One Piece. It was made abundantly obvious on Wano when they even said Ryuma was also a one-eyed Samurai with a picture of Ryuma looking very serious lmfao.

Tell me where in the quote Oda made any reference to Zoro and a young Ryuma (before he even lost an eye) sharing the same personality... oh, you can't, because that's just more headcanon you made up to cope. Are you saying that Zoro is canonically not "like" Ryuma?

No? Then go cry about it.

Even then, Zoro always has clear screen time and sometimes, it is better in comparison to other strawhats. In dire situations, he acts as the rational head of the crew, basically Luffy's right hand or to make it more accurate, "right wing".
He is also the only strawhat who is a supernova. If he was just an "ally" to the protagonist, why is Zoro the only exception among them? Why isn't Sanji a supernova as well?

At worst, I would say both Zoro and Nami are deuteragonists but at least Nami also has good arguments for it.
Oda is clear but his fans are dumb asf .

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Obito influenced and altered Naruto's plot more than Sasuke or even Naruto for that matter. The entire plot originates from the likes of Madara, Hashirama, SO6P, etc. I don't see anyone bitching about them being the second MC. Forget Sasuke, even Sakura's put on a higher pedestal than every other important character like Minato, Itachi, Jman, etc.

Some characters play a pivotal role in paving paths for the main characters to progress. Law is one of such characters. Some characters serve as the stepping stones for the MCs. BB, Shanks, Akainu, etc, play that role. That doesn't mean they surpass the main characters in importance. Forget Zoro, these guys are less important than every other SH.

What? Ngl I knew you couldn't read.

Oda: "I prepared someone like Ryuma to be the 2nd MC".

Zoro is not Ryuma, but he is canonically like Ryuma as he is quite obviously Ryuma's parallel in One Piece. It was made abundantly obvious on Wano when they even said Ryuma was also a one-eyed Samurai with a picture of Ryuma looking very serious lmfao.

Tell me where in the quote Oda made any reference to Zoro and a young Ryuma (before he even lost an eye) sharing the same personality... oh, you can't, because that's just more headcanon you made up to cope. Are you saying that Zoro is canonically not "like" Ryuma?

No? Then go cry about it.

Obito influenced and altered Naruto's plot more than Sasuke or even Naruto for that matter. The entire plot originates from the likes of Madara, Hashirama, SO6P, etc. I don't see anyone bitching about them being the second MC. Forget Sasuke, even Sakura's put on a higher pedestal than every other important character like Minato, Itachi, Jman, etc.

Some characters play a pivotal role in paving paths for the main characters to progress. Law is one of such characters. Some characters serve as the stepping stones for the MCs. BB, Shanks, Akainu, etc, play that role. That doesn't mean they surpass the main characters in importance. Forget Zoro, these guys are less important than every other SH.
Obito/Tobi is a villain

We're talking about guys who weren't villains at all. Who are allies or main characters next to the MC

If zoro was that important...he'd play major roles in Yonko Saga , a saga that Luffy and co went through to become yonko crew

Zoro wasn't a major player more than Brook, Sanji, Jinbei
Please spare me this nonsensical statement that Zoro is more important in the story than Law and other SHs when the dude didn't even do anything much in wano or WcI (wasn't there)
Post TS Zoro ain't that important. Even pre ts ones
We've had arcs without Zoro, those arcs didn't flop and were actually the best

Zoro is important in what exactly? is he irreplaceable?
Does Luffy need zoro to be pk? Cause we all know someone else could easily fill up his spot and take down the enemies he beats...
Combat wise, he's just another fighter

He doesn't move the story
He can die, Luffy will still be pk

Other than being popular to fans and oda gifting him fanservice moments, the dude isn't fleshed out properly as a character. He's just there to fight as Luffy's underling

Law has already replaced Zoro , the whole Post ts is about Law being the trigger of many plots
Ofc he is irreplacable. Do you think the future WSS is replacable in any sort of way? Who's gonna take his role? Law? He isn't even a conqueror yet. Kidd? He is already a failed rival of Luffy who already lost the PK game. It's like saying Chopper is replacable by Law, it's irrational nonsense bro.
Yes, he needs the entire crew in fact. You also ignore that there wouldn't be technically a new PK crew if Zoro didn't decide to sacrifice himself for Luffy in Thrillerbark.

He doesn't have to.
Everyone other than Nami and Robin can die and Luffy still will be PK. It's such a bad argument. Did Roger need Rayleigh?

Zoro is the rational head of this crew and it needs him in dire situations. It was proven so many times, I don't want to explain everything of that again.

Lmao

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I don't believe you; your takes have been nothing but tears and shit so far lol.

LMAO, listen, I would get if Paperchampion started to get arrogant by all his W takes but you? When have you been completely right about One Piece related topics? You yap about some complete nonsense - I still remember when you vehemently tried to defend how G5 was implemented into the story - and your most popular debates about a bunny girl only ended in a huge L.
Theorists essentially have to analyse the story as well, especially when it comes to predicting future story elements. So yes, they also have to analyse the narrative as well.
You lot throw words like "narrative telling", "narrative purpose" but tell me one thing why the narrative doesn't portray Zoro to be the deuteragonist. Your idea of a deuteragonist is definitely different to Oda's, so it's irrelevant how much you wanna cope about it.
Guess what, this time, it's another L because it's clear you've been misinterpreting the story the entire time if you believe Zoro isn't a deuteragonist, even after Oda's statement.
Yeah, basic rule of storytelling... The difficulty is that each story follows their own kind of storytelling and it has its own narrative. You have both Genos and Sasuke as deuteragonists.

Sure:

Also, correction: No matter what YOU think.
What Oda thinks, however, truly matters as his words are the prime source when it comes to Zoro being a deuteragonist. Cry.

You're just spouting some fancy words again.
Nothing makes me ignorant nor a biased fan when citing Oda who wrote Zoro as the deuteragonist. I don't even understand why you're triggered this much. But let me explain Zoro's position in the story.
1.) Zoro was the first member who joined Luffy.
2.) Both Zoro and Luffy received comparable portrayal throughout the story and the bond between him and Luffy is very special, maybe even more than the other strawhats.
3.) Zoro is the inofficial Vice Captain of this crew and he strengthened his position when he sacrificed himself to rescue his Captain. The "Nothing happened" moment was crucial because it was that point when Zoro truly put Luffy's dream/his goal above his own.
4.) Rayleigh is essentially the Zoro to Roger which solidifies Zoro's stance in the crew even further.
5.) Zoro is the only strawhat member who is also a supernova in comparison to Luffy.
6.) He always takes out the Nr. 2.
Goddamn you didn't have to diss him like that 😭😭😭

Deadass this is what I heard in my brain while reading your post https://voca.ro/1ifPd6j9T5E6

F

Foul Legacy

Bro they don't even consider sasuke as the Deuteragonist. You're banging the wrong example for them.

F

Foul Legacy

Luffi , Zori , Nami are the main protagnist. It's been decided since day one.
Thre first 3 of the crew.