Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizaruber Eats

Ion Fury the game is ridiculously fun and good!
But even the smartest person in One Piece turned out to be a fucking moron.
Exactly! In fact, to speak of that funnily enough, I've been seeing a quote along the lines of, "the smartest character in a story is only as intelligent as their creator/writer." Says a lot really doesn't it? Oda was considered a top 10 genius in Japan recently by some publication there or something too!

:sanjismug::lulz::saden::kobeha:

Seriously though, all bitter slander aside, its even worse if you know how much he has copied from other shows, movies, games and such. How overwhelmingly unoriginal One Piece actually is too. The more I see of One Piece, the more Oda feels like a charlatan, a Wizard of Oz situation which I felt Vegapunk would turned out to be, I feared it even and it seems like I was right after all.

:ronalugh::parkcry:

Never forget, Oda even turned to AI not long ago as he needed help lmao:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/one-piece-manga-eiichiro-oda-chatgpt/

:yurazclear::hapnoel:

"Hi, I'm the author of One Piece. I can't come up with nice next developments of One Piece. Would you consider a super amazing story for me," Oda is seen asking the service. And of course, the AI comes up with a tale that doesn't sound half bad.

"How about Shadow King appearing in front of Straw Hats and trying to kidnap Chopper using his shadow ability? Robin searches for the Shadow Tribe she has met before for defeating the enemy. Straw Hats visit Shadow Island. Luffy finally defeats the Shadow King and rescues Chopper. Robin gains new knowledge about the tribe's history," the AI pitched. "Here's another idea: Straw Hats decide to help "aliens" and fight an evil witch."

I saw somwhere else he liked the ideas ChatGPT came up with and considered it for future use lmfao. Something about a star or so. Gotta love how it just recycled Moria's powers at least here too.

One Piece will be 27 years old next year too. What a ride this has been. 3 years till 30 years of this shit and it feels like we're gonna be here for another 13 or even 23. (Slight exaggeration)
:pepecry::pepeke:

Last edited:
The biggest irony being this arc is themed around science, intelligence in general and the world's smartest person/man too. Exepctations subverted again!

:joker::sanmoji:
Love Oda making Zoro not seriously fight Lucci for over an hour just so the Sunny cant disembark earlier so Nusjuro can get there in time to give Atlas a reason to kill herself.

Truly 10000 IQ move by Oda.

:smart:

sanji atleast made nusjuro bleed thts crazy zoro n jimbe got embarrassed by atlas
The Gorosei appear to be immortal being who only dodge and block attack that concerns them. Nusjuro choose to block Zoro's attack. He's the only one who has forced a Gorosei to block an attack. That's more impressive.

Kizaruber Eats

Ion Fury the game is ridiculously fun and good!
Love Oda making Zoro not seriously fight Lucci for over an hour just so the Sunny cant disembark earlier so Nusjuro can get there in time to give Atlas a reason to kill herself.

Truly 10000 IQ move by Oda.

:smart:
I was saying to a friend earlier, Oda has a real fetish for making characters blow themselves up too lol. Also suicide gambits. Self sacrifices. Feels like DBZ all over again, the wish.com version of DBZ.

Honestly when you point it out, it feels like Oda is sabo-taging the story on purpose or its been written by a ghost writer("not me" though) and or someone who hates one piece.

I still struggle with accepting the fact that this is the same series as pre TS. I mean pre TS had a lot of issues and some pretty dumb stuff including Pell's tragic, impactful sacrifice being a fakeout and his survival not having any narrative meaning but at least a "reward" for his bravery and self sacrifice I guess? Why couldn't Pedro get the same deal?

Yasuie gets killed off but Pound survives? Oda kills one father but lets the other live? Doesnt Toko, a little girl and orphan need her (adoptive) father who pretended to be affected by a Smile and has no other family more than a couple of grown twin sisters, one who is happily married and a mother now too?
Sure Pound, deserves to see his daughters but its really BS Yasuie would get done like this and he lets Pound survive.

Oda has a real double standard with these things. Kiku and Kinemon cheat death to the point, it makes Kaido look awful in regards to Kinemon too and yet Asura and Izo die just like that lmao, with the most apathetic deaths I've ever seen in a long time too. Telltale's The Walking Dead games' Seasons 2-3 levels of bad at least. (Very niche/specific reference but very good reason for it)

Zoro not fighting Lucci seriously goes against his own fucking characterisation that Oda even emphasised specifically at Punk Hazard too for situations like this and given what've they gone through, its a completely malicious character assassination on Oda's part to even write Zoro like this!

I didn't want Atlas to die to Lucci as some feel like she should have, but it would have been better than this Chiaotzu self destruct nonsense with her. We've still yet to see Lucci using Rokugan in awakened form too right? Sigh. Imagine how devastating that could be?! Probably eviscerates poor Atlas entirely and easily?

:hope::quest::sighting::pepemy:

Problem with oda is he will stretch useless subplots like VP broadcast, scabbards and then rushes the main plot or interesting plotlines...even sidelines them or off-panels them.

I don't know who gives him such advice or is it his own desire but this affect readers enjoyment of the story
Its his own desire, he said he was gonna write whatever he wants for his own enjoyment for the final saga and its been said his editors have to walk on eggshells around him, they cant be honest with him and even Oda has lamented on that recently IIRC. Hes surrounded by yes men and watching Homelander struggle with the same thing in The Boys has been pretty funny and relatable to the situation with One Piece too.

Creativity without limits and criticism, without diversity of opinion and perspective just breeds stagnation at best. If not utter ruination ultimately.

As soon as an author is given free opportunity to do as they like, the story goes to hell, tale as old as time. Same thing with any creative endeavour and thus the creator. Unchecked power corrupts or something.
Post automatically merged:

Wano and its people are such creator's pets, and not in the good way.
Propaganda arc through and through.

Oda let us really think he was gonna completely criticise centuries of prejudice akin to his own home country's prejudice as well as human history around the world for thousands of years now ofc but he baited us as he always does. Just doubled down and shown a lack of remorse and apology. Instead of condemning it in the end, he condoned it.

Same country that denies its own war crimes and also who were the "real enemies" of WW2, they think they were fighting for the "right side". I've heard they unsurprisingly get taught a very biased version of what actually happened, a false, inverted picture of it.
Granted I've not got proof of it but it makes sense at least.

Wano is the first nation in One Piece I unironically hate through and through. I wish they could have had the Lulusia treatment instead but I dont want the likes of Tomo, Tama, Speed, Kinemon, Kiku, Denjiro etc to die but the ones who enable, support and protect the Kozukis are complicit and just as bad as well.

Wano is just a microcosm of the World Goverment if not worse and Oda told a better story of inherited, eternal hatred here than he did in Fish-Mid island and with Hody too imo. Although Fisher Tiger is a fantastic character and some of his best writing.

Fuck Wano, I really hope Blackbeard pulls up on it or even Akainu or the full force of the WG/Marines in general and destroys it. It will never happen though. Oda chickened out of Kaido "dropping the base" on it and doing his own unique version of Japan being nuked to think of it but also chickened out of Blackbeard actually going there and devastating the whole place and also Green Bull actually doing the same too and having the weakest, most disappointing debut of an Admiral ever. The first time I've truly been disappointed with an Admiral's debut.

Just remembering the people of Wano were more than happy to burn foreigners alive at the stake, well Minks at least and Oden got boiled alive there, just makes me fucking sick, but this shit happens IRL and did happen in Japan and thus in the ancient past ofc. Doesn't make it any less sicker though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.