Powers & Abilities Oda's failure to demonstrate the Pika Pika no Mi - Waste of chance to demonstrate the Light Logia.

As you can read in the title, in my opinion Oda completely failed to demonstrate the Logia ability of an admiral. The Pika Pika no Mi is one of the most special Logia that could bring with it so much potential and variety of abilities. He didn't manage to draw a good fight between Luffy (Yonkou) vs Kizaru (Admiral).

The sad thing is that with a bit of imagination he could have easily managed it. I don't need to mention how lackluster the fight with Luffy vs Kizaru was. In the whole fight Kizaru acted like a pacifista, only twice did we see the potential of his light logia, once when he used the speed to kick Snakeman away. The other time when he created light clones of himself that attacked Luffy. But that was it, in the rest of the fight he acted like a Pacifista...we could hardly see any variations of his Pika Pika no Mi.

Speed is power:

Clone light army:

As you can see from the pictures above, the abilities looked promising, they gave us an insight into the ability of his Light Logia. This shows the potential of his fruit. But unfortunately after these scenes Oda stopped giving Kizaru a good fighting style. He got much more out of much weaker "Logia", for example when I look at what he did with Katakuri's fruit, fucking Mochi...

To show how versatile Katakuri was with his "Logia"

Could create several armies and use them to physically attack Luffy, a Gatling version:

Could copy Luffy G3:

Could use his df in combination to push his attack power with his weapon:

Could turn the ground and surroundings into mochi thanks to awakening and thus make Luffy's movement detrimental:

Buried Luffy with Mochi:

Could create flying donuts with his awakened mochi fruit and teleport and attack with these fists, a very hax ability for defense and offense:

He heated up his fist and fired it like a projectile:

Enlarged his arm and attacked in combo with awakening:

t's just fascinating to see what Oda created with just a Mochi ability. Katakuri was versatile, had so many different abilities and skills, even though he "only" had the Mochi devil fruit. Compare this with the portrayal of Kizaru and his Pika Pika No Mi.

The Pika Pika No Mi has so much potential but was portrayed far worse than the fucking Mochi devil fruit. And that's sad, the Light logia is one of the most interesting fruits ever, Kizaru has had this fruit for a very long time. But he is portrayed like a Pacifista here, even though he is an admiral and top tier.

It is sad how little ideas Oda had when it came to the Pika Pika no Mi and I am also skeptical whether he will portray his awakening well with everything he has done so far. My biggest concern is that he will skip his awakening like with Big Mom. So far, it is very weak how unkindly Oda treats characters like Kizaru, especially his devil fruit...

What do you think of the portrayal of his fruit so far? Are you as disappointed as I am?

@SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @haxxor @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @Veku @Mr. Tuna Sandwich @GoldDiamond @Dragon777 @Weeman @Cadis Etrama Di Urek @Djordje @BaboonMihawk @Negan @The Buddha @Djordje @Germinator @DarkestKnightofSpoilers @Lee Ba Shou

I’m dissatisfied with the way his logia was handled, can’t add anything more to your thread
What good portrayal Kizaru has comes from his fighting ability and skill, including his palm defense that allowed him to treat Snakeman like its another day at the office & engage in CQC with Nika, and his swordsmanship skills that had Rayleigh on the backfoot, surprisingly

If his devil fruit powers won’t get fleshed out in the future then it’ll be an even a bigger disappointment

Yes, another disappointment at how a devil fruit was used, far from it reaching its potential, after Fujitora's gravity devil fruit, the Soru Soru no mi, Jack's mammoth df, Kid's magnetic df, Cracker, Oven or Mont d'Or's df, etc...

It's a shame because Oda has shown many times that he was capable of being amazingly creative with devil fruits, and allow the characters to have amazing versatility in their uses of their df, both in terms of combat and other more mundane or original uses.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
There are many reasons to believe Kizaru isn’t done this arc and this is one of the biggest. Kizaru was utterly boring, only showing the light clone and the acceleration kick. It’s hard to believe Oda had over a decade to come up with cool ideas for Kizaru’s fruit and only came up with those two lol.

If Oda doesn’t introduce logia awakening at Egghead, the road to EOS for logia-gang is going to be miserable.

I absolutely agree...but I also find this outcome natural because Oda hasn't added even one, tiny named move to Kizaru's arsenal. We are struck to his MF/Sabaody moves park + the clone thing, used once.
Even the lightsaber, one of his best techniques, was used once and only by the clones.

So, I am convinced we are going to see much more, starting with the monkey move.

For now Kizaru has barely used named moves in the first place, which Is telling.

It's a shame because Oda has shown many times that he was capable of being amazingly creative with devil fruits, and allow the characters to have amazing versatility in their uses of their df, both in terms of combat and other more mundane or original uses.
That is my problem at most.
Look how amazing work he did with Big Mom's devilfruit, it was so versatile and had several variations of skills(still wish he had awakening but still).

Seeing how great job he done with Big Mom and Katakuri fruit, it is kinda sad how out of ideas he is when it come to fruits who even better potential... This is not how you threat your characters...

There are many reasons to believe Kizaru isn’t done this arc and this is one of the biggest. Kizaru was utterly boring, only showing the light clone and the acceleration kick. It’s hard to believe Oda had over a decade to come up with cool ideas for Kizaru’s fruit and only came up with those two lol.

If Oda doesn’t introduce logia awakening at Egghead, the road to EOS for logia-gang is going to be miserable.
Same I still refuse to accept that this is all what Kizaru can do with his df.
Let hope he at least show glimps of his awakenend power.
I mean look what Doflamingo and Katakuri can do with awakening, Kizaru should do it 100x better, as a top tier who is into his df most likely... Bad threatment from Oda.

I think it makes sense for the Mochi fruit to be more versatile, as you can shapeshift mochi into any form before hardening it. Kizaru was more or less using the scope of his abilities in Egghead: Lightspeed kicks, barrage of lasers, clones, lightswords, light shields to block Snakeman's blows.

Though I'd love to know what an awakened light fruit would look like. Hope it's not just turning the surroundings into light.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
That's the consequence of giving overpowered, destructive fruits to characters in arcs where they aren't allowed to succeed or cause collateral damage.

From the very instant Kizaru went over a list of things he's not allowed to destroy and that he doesn't have time to fight Luffy, it was guaranteed to be a mostly offscreen scuffle.

Are you as disappointed as I am?
Yes. Kizaru fights like he doesn't actually know what fighting style he should have chosen.
Yes, he used a sword and clashed with Rayleigh a bit. But it was far from a serious all out swordfight and retrospectively I doubt he'd have beaten Rayleigh, neither in terms of haki nor swordsmanship.

He kicks now and then. But CP9/CP0 and especially a Sanji outskills him by far in terms of kicks.

Lasers? Well yeah, base DF merchantry. Same for all his attacks that throw around lasers one way or the other.

CoA? Like Kuzan for instance? Not a hint of an expertise beyond the regular. CoO? Same. CoC? Lol.

Katakuri, as well as Doffy and Kuzan, are prime examples of truly versatile fighters that use their fruits to a maximum.

Kuzan for instance, never pulled a sword against a true swordsman (other than pre TS rookie Zoro). Only for convenience now and then. But I think he knew his strengths and weaknesses.

Kizaru just throws the dice. I suppose Oda started too high with him but then decided against making his abilities so op.

Oda is not interested in drawing fights, and Kizaru is too strong to be a part of this arc.

The combo of these things is why we have what we have.
If it was about strength then the Gorosei wouldn't be here either, though.
Anyway, on topic, I really do wish Oda didn't off screen most of the fight. This was a chance to draw a ton of fun new attacks between Kizaru and Luffy, but I guess due to the nature of the fight it wasn't possible anyway. Kizaru was trying to escape and take out Vegapunk instead of defeat Luffy, and Luffy had to chase after him and try to protect Vegapunk from him.
It was more of a game of cat-and-mouse than it was an actual fight.

Yes. Kizaru fights like he doesn't actually know what fighting style he should have chosen.
Yes, he used a sword and clashed with Rayleigh a bit. But it was far from a serious all out swordfight and retrospectively I doubt he'd have beaten Rayleigh, neither in terms of haki nor swordsmanship.

He kicks now and then. But CP9/CP0 and especially a Sanji outskills him by far in terms of kicks.

Lasers? Well yeah, base DF merchantry. Same for all his attacks that throw around lasers one way or the other.

CoA? Like Kuzan for instance? Not a hint of an expertise beyond the regular. CoO? Same. CoC? Lol.

Katakuri, as well as Doffy and Kuzan, are prime examples of truly versatile fighters that use their fruits to a maximum.

Kuzan for instance, never pulled a sword against a true swordsman (other than pre TS rookie Zoro). Only for convenience now and then. But I think he knew his strengths and weaknesses.

Kizaru just throws the dice.
Kizaru genuinely has no fighting style. He just kinda does shit cause he can. It’s a very big mom style

As you can read in the title, in my opinion Oda completely failed to demonstrate the Logia ability of an admiral. The Pika Pika no Mi is one of the most special Logia that could bring with it so much potential and variety of abilities. He didn't manage to draw a good fight between Luffy (Yonkou) vs Kizaru (Admiral).

The sad thing is that with a bit of imagination he could have easily managed it. I don't need to mention how lackluster the fight with Luffy vs Kizaru was. In the whole fight Kizaru acted like a pacifista, only twice did we see the potential of his light logia, once when he used the speed to kick Snakeman away. The other time when he created light clones of himself that attacked Luffy. But that was it, in the rest of the fight he acted like a Pacifista...we could hardly see any variations of his Pika Pika no Mi.

Speed is power:

Clone light army:

As you can see from the pictures above, the abilities looked promising, they gave us an insight into the ability of his Light Logia. This shows the potential of his fruit. But unfortunately after these scenes Oda stopped giving Kizaru a good fighting style. He got much more out of much weaker "Logia", for example when I look at what he did with Katakuri's fruit, fucking Mochi...

To show how versatile Katakuri was with his "Logia"

Could create several armies and use them to physically attack Luffy, a Gatling version:

Could copy Luffy G3:

Could use his df in combination to push his attack power with his weapon:

Could turn the ground and surroundings into mochi thanks to awakening and thus make Luffy's movement detrimental:

Buried Luffy with Mochi:

Could create flying donuts with his awakened mochi fruit and teleport and attack with these fists, a very hax ability for defense and offense:

He heated up his fist and fired it like a projectile:

Enlarged his arm and attacked in combo with awakening:

t's just fascinating to see what Oda created with just a Mochi ability. Katakuri was versatile, had so many different abilities and skills, even though he "only" had the Mochi devil fruit. Compare this with the portrayal of Kizaru and his Pika Pika No Mi.

The Pika Pika No Mi has so much potential but was portrayed far worse than the fucking Mochi devil fruit. And that's sad, the Light logia is one of the most interesting fruits ever, Kizaru has had this fruit for a very long time. But he is portrayed like a Pacifista here, even though he is an admiral and top tier.

It is sad how little ideas Oda had when it came to the Pika Pika no Mi and I am also skeptical whether he will portray his awakening well with everything he has done so far. My biggest concern is that he will skip his awakening like with Big Mom. So far, it is very weak how unkindly Oda treats characters like Kizaru, especially his devil fruit...

What do you think of the portrayal of his fruit so far? Are you as disappointed as I am?

@SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @haxxor @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @Veku @Mr. Tuna Sandwich @GoldDiamond @Dragon777 @Weeman @Cadis Etrama Di Urek @Djordje @BaboonMihawk @Negan @The Buddha @Djordje @Germinator @DarkestKnightofSpoilers @Lee Ba Shou
Very well said. Lolda is a fraud.

In my opinion Oda always intended for Kizaru to make a face turn at the end of Egghead and help the SHs escape by going up against the Gorosei (his relationship with Vegapunk, Bonney and Kuma being the trigger).

I think it's likely he dies in the process, since it would be very fitting for the final of the "old" admirals' story arc: One gets promoted by the WG (Akainu), one quits and is now in an ambivalent relationship with the WG (Aokiji) and the last one outright goes up against the WG and dies (Kizaru).

At least Oda has to do something with Kizaru, because if we leave without him doing anything else this arc it would be one of the biggest disappointments in the entire series.

Imho, there Is really no space for a skill contest. Sanji or the Cp-9 had to use techniques to produce force, Kizaru use lightspeed.

It's like comparing someone ho can shoot with a gun with someone who can shoot with a bow. Obv. the one shooting with the bow will know how to bed the arrow, how to make the arrow turn and so on, and obv. the one using the gun won't...because It Is a completely different thing.

Kizaru didn't show almost anything for now in CoO or CoC, yeah, but the situation for CoA Is completely different.

We know he has thought Sentomaru barrier CoA and we saw him blocking advCoA Snakeman punches with no problem (and yes, It was advCoA at least since Kizaru himself said It what he said about Kaido).

Oh, and blocked an AdvCoC kick from base Luffy.

Kizaru just throws the dice. I suppose Oda started too high with him but then decided against making his abilities so op.
Maybe. Most of all Is that he just didn't show anything aside the techniques we already knew.

We didn't even get to see his monkey move. And I mean, I think all his fighting in the entire arc can cover two chapters at best.